Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: League of Ireland Finance Blog

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

League of Ireland Finance Blog

I am thinking of doing an LOI finance blog., comparing teams financial performance etc based on the annual accounts as filed with the CRO, assuming these are companies, which I think most are. I am struggling to find the legal owner of a lot of the companies in order to download their accounts from the CRO. I have Bohs, Pats and Rover so far. If anyone has had any dealing with any of these companies and knows the legal name or number putting it here would be much appreciated. Probably no one will read it but it satisfies my curiosity and also I have learn how to write a blog

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts
    http://www.corkcityfc.ie/home/club-i...what-is-foras/

Legally, the Friends of the Rebel Army Society Ltd. is an Industrial and Provident Society. Based on advice from Supporters Direct in the UK and following discussions with a number of successful trusts, it was decided to form a limited company – specifically one that follows the same model in Ireland as our local Credit Unions or any of the other co-operatives around the country.

FORAS
    is registered in Ireland with the Registrar of Friendly Societies and is bound by Irish company law. A yearly financial report is presented to and released to trustees each year at the trust’s AGM and all trustees over the age of 16 have voting rights on all aspect’s of the Society’s business. The trust’s Society Rules are available here.
    For further information, email forastrust@corkcityfc.net.
    Last edited by adamd164; 17/03/2013 at 8:14 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Fair play Chippie, but a heads up.

For the clubs that you can get accounts for, you will find limited information. Most club, due to their size, will file reasonably straightforward SOFPs and SOCIs (Balance Sheet and Income Statements for the elders amongst us......)

You certainly won't get any of the detail you get with larger English club who have to report much more granular detail.

Also, the old chestnut is how useful historic financial statments are. If you took Rangers's financial statements in isolation in 2012, then they looked better placed than Celtic.....
    Tifo poles, sausage rolls and a few goals.

The Brandy Blogs, back and blogging the 2010 season

4. Thanks From: