Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Micks 3 year plan

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Micks 3 year plan

Just wondering lads how hairy micks three year plan is getting on? All I will say is I told yas so. The man wouldnt know a good footballer if he was kicking the sack off him. He started wexford youths off all wrong and now hes left with a pile of ****e. Wheres the player from every parish of wexford? And miles to go before we sleep

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    Well last season didn't go too badly..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wexman View Post
    Just wondering lads how hairy micks three year plan is getting on? All I will say is I told yas so. The man wouldnt know a good footballer if he was kicking the sack off him. He started wexford youths off all wrong and now hes left with a pile of ****e. Wheres the player from every parish of wexford? And miles to go before we sleep
    You're talking as if we all worship Mick Wallace. Far from it! I agree he's done a lot wrong and still making mistakes imo. Keegan did a good job last year but I would of preferred a Wexford manager to take over, maybe John Godkin. But I haven't a clue whats going on at the club, I just want to watch football!

It really is a pity there isn't more local lads involved because there's better players in the Wexford League then at Ferrycarrig (some of them anyway). I do think Keegan said he wants to bring in more local players in June. So hopefully that happens.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Just to point out, Wexford are still in the League, where others have failed and dropped out. Crowds may not be overly impressive, but they're still there nonetheless. It's an enjoyable place to visit, an all round great club, and Wexford are certainly on the right path.

Micks plans for the club may have been side-swept a bit, but Youths have every right to be very proud of what their club has achieved in a short few years.

Snide remarks will do nothing for yourself however.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    where are the majority of the players that are currently playin for youths from?
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    457 Posts
    Martinho

The majority of the players are from either Kilkenny or Carlow, I think. It's largely due to Shane Keegan's influence as he was previously the manager of FC Carlow.

7. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts
    Most are from Waterford and Kilkenny with some from Carlow. Gary Delaney, Craig McCabe and Daryl Power are from Wexford. I think I'm forgetting some one tho!

In last weeks 18 man squad there was six each from Kilkenny and Waterford, with three from Wexford, two from Carlow and one from Dublin.

I could be wrong on that.

9. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    How many of our former Youths are still willing to commit to the demands of weekly LOI football? Not many.

We had a fantastic year last year. But maybe you just wanted to say "I told you so" and watch us fail.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Furlong was from Wexford too, wasn't he? Yous didn't do too badly out of him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    If your not into football and dont go watch them I dont know why your even starting a thread about them? I didnt get to many games last season due to work, same this yr as far as i can see but i will be at the South East derby on friday night.
    The league of Ireland & Wexford Youths may be miles behind the premiership in razmatazz but as for football the difference is not as big.
    A man can have no greater love than give 90 minutes to his friends

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Watched youths vs cobh a couple weeks ago very poor youths side .. Heard there isn't many wexford lads in squad I think that's there problem. Why ain't there wexford lads playing for the youths

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Not much difference? wake the **** up. My problem is hairy head said wexford youths was a community club that will give the young players of wexford a chance to play at a higher level - eircom league. Instead we have a load of lads from everywhere bar wexford. Now dont give me the ****e the players arent in wexford cos the oscar trainers aint doing too bad. A team like north end filled with ex wexford youths would kick lumps out of the current youths team. and dont give me the ****e that them players are not commited either because they play club and oscar trainer so are committed to football quite a bit. Wallace has done to wexford football what he done in business and in his political career spoofed us a hape of ****e.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    dont give me the ****e that them players are not commited either because they play club and oscar trainer so are committed to football quite a bit.
    Not remotely the same thing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    Might want to name the league they play in correctly too before you take digs at the club and what they're doing etc. if you can't even be arsed to know what competition they're playing in I'm not sure you're the right person to be complaining about how the club goes about its business.

I'm sure every club in the country would love to have more locals playing for them but if there isn't a bunch of lads good enough and willing to commit to playing in the 1st division then you can't really bitch about the club looking elsewhere, playing for a club in the 1st division is a whole world apart from playing junior football, Micks no saint, no one is but I don't see why he deserves to be chastised for trying to do something positive for Wexford football. 2 wins in a row now by the way, they can't be totally useless lads they have on the books then.. Anyway, no idea why I'm getting involved but this topic just looks like a pair of sh!tehawks looking to stir trouble for no particularly valid reason.

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    It's a football club, not the GAA. They can hire whoever the hell they want, because that's what the sport is.
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Acornvilla View Post
    Might want to name the league they play in correctly too before you take digs at the club and what they're doing etc. if you can't even be arsed to know what competition they're playing in I'm not sure you're the right person to be complaining about how the club goes about its business.

I'm sure every club in the country would love to have more locals playing for them but if there isn't a bunch of lads good enough and willing to commit to playing in the 1st division then you can't really bitch about the club looking elsewhere, playing for a club in the 1st division is a whole world apart from playing junior football, Micks no saint, no one is but I don't see why he deserves to be chastised for trying to do something positive for Wexford football. 2 wins in a row now by the way, they can't be totally useless lads they have on the books then.. Anyway, no idea why I'm getting involved but this topic just looks like a pair of sh!tehawks looking to stir trouble for no particularly valid reason.
    Pair? I presume your lumping my comment in with Wexman's. Just to clarify, yeah I would like more Wexford players at the club and at the time Keegan was hired I would of preferred a Wexford manager. Why? Because I think it would of helped the club get more support both in the local media and among potential fans. But I wouldn't get rid of Keegan now just to have a local manager, he's doing a great job and has turned the club around. He has built a team who play some decent football and are fully committed to the club (I know some turned down offers to stick with us this year). At the end of the day we could have a squad made up of Afghans and Kerry men but I'm still going to support them. I'm just saying it would be nice to have more Wexford players

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    No I wasn't, but good to know all the same!