Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheridan
    Come sir, you exaggerate.
    pseudo-ascendancy-class riposte?

Which is why, incidentally, I know that some of the Cork fans' behaviour would get them in trouble (or hurt, or stabbed) in different circumstances, because I've seen it happen. I swear at players/referees/linesman/managers all the time. But I know where to draw the line, and I know that gathering in a group of twenty directly behind someone I wouldn't say "boo" to if I met face-to-face and hurling foul-mouthed and targeted abuse at them is pathetic at best.
    A comparison between what happens at a soccer match, which is forgotten about within minutes, and dealing with vicious thugs in a socially deprived neighbourhood is neither valid nor relevant.
    And give it a rest with the "man's game" stuff, I thought pseudo-working-class chic went out with Oasis and Loaded. Although we do tend to pick up trends late from across the water, so maybe the cultural year is 1996 after all.
    I have never read Loaded or payed much attention to Oasis. Soccer is a working-class man's game all over the world, which fairly accurately reflects the people, and their social cicumstances, of those who who follow it.
    It's nothing to do with DC on the field. F*ck it, we weren't good enough and deserved to go down, we'll do better next time. But I'll be the judge of what I should and shouldn't put up with, and a rather good judge I am too, if I say so myself.
    Well whether you like it or not, you are going to have to put up with that which offends you at nearly every game.

Now, I'm happy to draw a line there if everyone else is.
    No problem, it's a pity I didn't get to have that drink with you.
    Last edited by patsh; 01/10/2004 at 5:48 PM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Plonker

don´t tell me that tosser is still going on about what happend up in dublin. For the life of this. He started all the s--t that happend up there . That manb is a ****-- and he nose it as well.
    Let's get it going for this year the away support.

thecorner
    Quote Originally Posted by ian
    don´t tell me that tosser is still going on about what happend up in dublin. For the life of this. He started all the s--t that happend up there . That manb is a ****-- and he nose it as well.
    would u get back out and enjoy ur last day of the sun

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    FWIW, your new mate NY Hoop is only backing you up because he's OBSESSED (see the Ultras forum for details.)

As for the "banter" b0llocks, I didn't consider it banter, and Barry (who, being a 'keeper and a professional footballer, has seen his share of "banter", not to mention abuse, over the years) didn't consider it banter. In fact, he allegedly threatened to thump someone, and would have been within his rights. I think the common thread here is the disparity between what's considered civilised behaviour amongst most human beings, and the equivalent standard of behaviour amongst Cork City fans. Draw your own conclusions.

We had some proper banter with Owen Heary earlier in the season, a DC fan on the Riverside shouted a comment at him in jest, he (and the players around him) laughed, Heary replied (while the game was still going on) and got a huge cheer. The tone last Thursday was considerably different.

Anyway, I reckon this topic's been done to death. I, for one, have ventured just about as far into the festering well of sociopathy that appears to be the mindset of (far too many) Cork City fans as I'm willing to go. See you in a few years, hopefully.
    I'm obsessed?! With what? Check the Ultras forum for what details? I would put it to you that you are obsessed with my contributions here and with anybody who disagrees with you.

As I said before I'm "backing up" the cork fans cos I know where they are coming from. We also have been down this road of being abused by a club chairman and being called all kinds of names.

You think our ex keeper would be in his rights to thump someone cos of a bit of banter? Get help pal and quick. So its only banter in your eyes if its in "jest"?!!

Here's a bit of advise from someone who has supported his team for 20 years in every ground in this league and Europe. Either get out more (and I dont mean thursday nights on your own in a deserted tolka), seek help, meet some females fast or go to a public house and have a drink. Do not be taking things so seriously.

I've witnessed World Cups and matches all over Europe and there will always be abuse and/or banter because that is the nature of the beast. If you are disgusted with it go and follow chess in a library or something. Please leave the rest of it for us the fans who support proper clubs and please disappear back to the LSL because you and your club have contributed nothing.

KOH

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NY Hoop
    there will always be abuse and/or banter because that is the nature of the beast. If you are disgusted with it go and follow chess in a library or something. Please leave the rest of it for us the fans who support proper clubs and please disappear back to the LSL because you and your club have contributed nothing.
    hear hear

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patsh
    Sheridan,
    you have been a welcome addition to this and other forums for the last year or so. However, your posting over the last few weeks is of a level bordering on the ludicrous.
    A few points . . . .
    This thread has become tiresome to read. But I am really glad I returned to it to read this post by Patsh. This is a well written post. The sort that makes the Foot.ie forum a pleasure to return to.
    Injustice anywhere threatens justice everywhere - Martin Luther King Jnr.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456