Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ronan seery says city fans are no better than lowlife scum

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    505 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Éanna
    I think the intention was to distract him and gain an advantage for City.
    And there was me thinking that it was the guys on the pitch that were supposed to play the game! And they don't even charge the club for their services to the game, how charitable! (I've seen this behaviour at a couple of games. It's like watching kiddies in a creche.)

adam

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xtreme rebel
    This guy sounds like he could be the "unique" supporter me and Colm spoke to on the way out. This guy is on cloud nine as well if it is him cos we abused nobody, nor did we do this
    That's him alright I'd say. He seemed like an alright bloke at the time but looking at what he posted all I can say is.... what a loser!
    To underline the fantasy world this guy lives in, he also told one of us there was over 400 people at the game. There was 150 at the very very most.
    He was unique though!

Quote Originally Posted by dahamsta
    I've seen this behaviour at a couple of games. It's like watching kiddies in a creche.
    Come off it Adam, you know better than to say something like that unless fun, atmosphere and banter is now suddenly wrong at football games?!
    Champions!

thecorner
    You had gay pictures to send him?
    ever hear of a thing called google. u can search anything and get it in seconds even gay pics

thecorner
    but he way...did we miss something up at the game thursday...the way things are going u swear that we murdered sombody

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xtreme rebel

It's a pity we don't get to play them again.....
    Is it? Glad to see them suffering. I for one hope that shower never 'grace', or indeed darken the doorstep of the Premier Division ever agaiin.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    505 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colm
    Come off it Adam, you know better than to say something like that unless fun, atmosphere and banter is now suddenly wrong at football games?!
    I call chanting and singing fun and atmosphere. I call messing with each other banter. I call trying to distract the players interference with the game.

How would you like it if some ignorant tosser came up to you when you were trying to do your job and shouted in your ear, and made personal remarks about your family, or a drug habit?

Like I said, it's like watching children in a creche. Or shell-suited, shadow-mustachioued muppets on a street corner.

adam

thecorner
    I call chanting and singing fun and atmosphere. I call messing with each other banter. I call trying to distract the players interference with the game.

How would you like it if some ignorant tosser came up to you when you were trying to do your job and shouted in your ear, and made personal remarks about your family, or a drug habit?

Like I said, it's like watching children in a creche. Or shell-suited, shadow-mustachioued muppets on a street corner.

adam
    u need to get out more

havent been to a game for a while

Sheridan
    (The relevant thread has been locked, so I just want to clarify some of the circumstances surrounding comments made about me on this one.)

whats that got to with us? we didn't throw anything at him.
    You honestly don't see the security risk here?

Game A: Goalkeeper is targeted for abuse by fans in the new stand, behind his goal. This goes unchecked and eventually escalates to the point where objects are thrown, endangering the goalkeeper's well-being.

Game B, a couple of weeks later: The same goalkeeper is targeted for abuse by fans standing mere feet away.

I didn't see that (was probably putting flags away or something) but that kind of thing shouldn't happen. Find it hard to believe that City fans WOULD behave like that, but their mood was undoubtedly fuelled by the behaviour of Seery, nevertheless, nobody should be bothered if they're just going about their business.
    Here's a brief précis of what happened after the game.

I remained in my seat for ten minutes after the game, as is my wont (I like to observe the players' and manager's body language during the warmdown, and also to wallow in defeat.)

The Cork players came out to warm down and a bunch of boisterous Cork fans emerged from the main entrance beneath me, cheering and applauding their players as any good fan would. Several caught sight of me sitting above them and one shouted "Dublin c*nt!" (at which point, perhaps coincidentally, a Cork player began to applaud the fans.) In fairness, this WAS actually a kid, as opposed to someone who should have known better acting like one.

I decided to leave as there was no sign of our players coming out, so I stood up and moved quickly down the steps (at which point the CC fans immediately turned and left, for some reason.) As I strolled towards the Drumcondra exit, Roddy, Terry and the DCFC players began to emerge, and were greeted with a torrent of swearing and abuse from a handful of Cork City fans hanging around the Drumcondra end of the main stand. Now, what precisely was the reasoning behind this, Éanna? How did this behaviour manifest support for their team? The game was over. It would be a long time before the teams met again, if ever. This was just sheer loutishness.

Nonethless, being a magnaminous soul, I was just about to shout "well done, lads", as I passed these fans (who have since, interestingly, identified themselves on this forum), when one of them caught sight of me and shouted "Here comes Dublin City's only fan, lads", or words to that effect. Not wishing to start any trouble, I stopped, turned, approached him and offered my hand (in a semi-ironic) fashion, still prepared to have a casual chat as I do with fans of every club after game. Immediately, however, he began to make sarcastic comments about me and my club, while his mates sniggered in the background. I was still not in the mood for an argument, so I just ignored him, muttered a few words and turned to watch the warm-down. He persisted however, grabbed the scarf around my neck, and shook it whilst saying "You must be very proud of your club." At this point, he was not only acting the sarcastic boll0cks, but invading my personal space in a manner that would have earned him a slapping, had he done it to 90% of football fans other than myself. At the very least, it was an extremely uncouth.

Not wanting to cause trouble, I walked away from him, leant on the barrier for a while, and then left (at which point he proffered his hand again, which I accepted because to do otherwise would have been petty.)

If you honestly think there was nothing wrong with the behaviour of your fans last night, there's not much I can do to help.
    Last edited by Sheridan; 25/09/2004 at 2:58 PM.

thecorner
    u seem to forgot when we were passing some of your stewards and chairman by the main stand at the end of the game to shouts of cork scum and giving us the finger.also a few dublin city fans there

maybe its not being mentioned because it was you...just maybe

Sheridan
    Quote Originally Posted by thecorner
    u seem to forgot when we were passing some of your stewards and chairman by the main stand at the end of the game to shouts of cork scum and giving us the finger.also a few dublin city fans there

maybe its not being mentioned because it was you...just maybe
    I didn't call anyone scum or give anyone the finger. I sat on my own during the second half and left on my own.

Are you making an allegation?

thecorner
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheridan
    Are you making an allegation?
    read above::::::::::::maybe is not allegation

im just saying what happened

thecorner
    lads lets get a grip here for a second
    it was a bit of banter...nobody was killed or anything,everybody got home safely for work the next day

dont worry sheridan ,u have seen the back of us for while.a long while id say

our paths wont have to cross while ur down the 1st division

enjoy life down there

with that much support,could u play in the senior league up in dublin

ffs even queenstown have more fans

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    505 Posts
    It doesn't look harmless from where I'm sitting. If it was harmless, this thread wouldn't exist.

adam

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheridan
    ("Here comes Dublin City's only fan, lads",
    Well you are the only DC supporter here posting?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

.................................................. ......

Is it possible that people have gone over board on this one ??
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A face
    Is it possible that people have gone over board on this one ??
    I honestly don't think so - how can someone who is supposed to show a proffesional side call people scumbags, and stick up his finger at supporters.

You remember Bosnich (or some player like that) stuck his fingers up at supporters in England a few years ago - he was fined and rapped by the FA. I think that situation is along the same lines as this.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    at the enf of the the day Ronan Seery has his opinion, City fans dont agree with it, Obviously he has not been to many football games. We should not have to encounter him again .

Fcuk him sometimes you get out of life what you deserve Division 1 football next season which which will mean smaller gates if that is possible.
    First Division Champions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    505 Posts
    Any more garbage or personal attacks in this thread and it's going back in the bin permanently. Attack the post, not the poster. Especially if the poster is an admin.

adam

thecorner
    well lads,its monday afternoon. surely mr.seery has been into the office by now and checked his e-mails. anybody get a reply

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thecorner
    well lads,its monday afternoon. surely mr.seery has been into the office by now and checked his e-mails. anybody get a reply
    nope. wouldn't hold my breath.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast