Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MNS return Monday 11/3/2013

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    305 Posts

MNS return Monday 11/3/2013

How was it for you? Too quick? with the highlights neatly compacted and Heary interview and Fai junior cup draw towards the end.
    I would like to see the weekends highlights spread over the hour and Stuey Byrne to stay forever

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    288 Posts
    The repeated jokes about Bossekota and Williams were cringeworthy.

Has been said time and again but, more highlights and less ****etalk.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gufcfan View Post
    The repeated jokes about Bossekota and Williams were cringeworthy.

Has been said time and again but, more highlights and less ****etalk.
    The highlights are so poorly constructed its baffling! Just one example was the end of the Shams Dundalk game when Massey gets sent off. Its in the 90th min and Rovers have a free right on the edge of the box, instead of showing it, it just cuts to full time. Even if the free was a poor one, its the build up of anticipation that makes the viewer want to see it but no rte manage to cut it out altogether. Another example was the Bray goal, all they show is the cross from Waters and the finish, blink and you miss it.. No build up to the goal, no replay of the finish, nothing.

Other than the Lim-Cork game which had already been broadcast live, there was no more than 3 or 4 worthwhile clips of the other games. They are obviously not bothered analysing the games properly or don't want to pay anyone to do it. Surely it could be made easier or money saved if the cameraman/woman (lets be political correct) at the games just noted times on the video where controversial/good incidents and goals happened it would be much easier and lead to decent highlights showing the league much more favourably?

4. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by noddy102 View Post
    Another example was the Bray goal, all they show is the cross from Waters and the finish, blink and you miss it.. No build up to the goal, no replay of the finish, nothing.
    There was a pretty good build-up to the goal, probably won't make a contender for GOTM because all you see is the cross and finish..point well made Noddy.
    Last edited by A face; 13/03/2013 at 12:57 PM. Reason: Fixed quote tags

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts
    Kill the techno soundtrack!!!! For the love of god, kill it!!!!

7. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by adamd164 View Post
    Kill the techno soundtrack!!!! For the love of god, kill it!!!!
    Kill it with fire.

Destroys the highlights for me when they have music belting out. Can't hear any sort of atmosphere whatsoever.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

9. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Tony O'D appears to think it's Patrick and Shane McIlhenny, but not as bad as Kerr's Axel Foley gaffe, to be fair.

And Peter Collins seems to think a penalty scored after being touched/kicked more than once by the taker would count? Surely that's not right...

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    RTE sports shows are addicted to analysis. They managed to tack an hour and a half onto the end of the Champions League match tonight, it's crazy. I don't think it's even responding to demand either, there just seems to be this sincerely-held belief that we want to listen to these people talk for hours and hours.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyInvincible View Post

And Peter Collins seems to think a penalty scored after being touched/kicked more than once by the taker would count? Surely that's not right...
    That would be like touching it forward a foot or two and then blasting it into the net - so clearly not right.

However - I thought MNS was very good on Monday. Nice report on Limerick and a good idea to have a guest like Heary in the studio. I thought what he had to say was interesting. Byrne and Sadlier are good pundits who are not afraid to speak their mind. RTE's coverage of the game in Ireland puts the reset of the media (by which I mostly mean the newspapers) to shame.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts
    ... I very much liked the use of archive film from the early 80's Eoin Hand era on the Limerick report. (Even though they chopped off the top and bottom of the footage to make it fit into widescreen - which always drives me mad).

14. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts
    The report on Limerick was good. Looked like they put all the effort into that though, the rest of the episode was poor, badly edited highlights.

Sadlier is a good analyst but christ he's depressing. Does he ever smile?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by adamd164 View Post
    The report on Limerick was good. Looked like they put all the effort into that though, the rest of the episode was poor, badly edited highlights.

Sadlier is a good analyst but christ he's depressing. Does he ever smile?
    My thoughts exactly. I have to say I really like Sadlier. He's growing into the grouchy mode well.
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    One thing that annoys me is the camera position at the Brandywell, they didn't even show the fans or the good side of ground, sometimes i think RTE want to give a bad impression of the league just so they won't have to show games

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    RTE sports shows are addicted to analysis. They managed to tack an hour and a half onto the end of the Champions League match tonight, it's crazy. I don't think it's even responding to demand either, there just seems to be this sincerely-held belief that we want to listen to these people talk for hours and hours.
    How right you are how right, I always turn down Dummy and Piles or whoever at half time and turn off after,OTOT the MNS coverage is so badly edited and disjointed that you don't get a sense of what a fame was like.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blueblood View Post
    One thing that annoys me is the camera position at the Brandywell, they didn't even show the fans or the good side of ground, sometimes i think RTE want to give a bad impression of the league just so they won't have to show games
    Your conspiracy theory doesn't make sense. If they didn't want to show any games, they'd simply not bother with MNS or live fixtures at all.

They only ever erect a main camera on the Lone Moor Road side of the Brandywell when broadcasting live games as I'm pretty sure it entails constructing a make-shift platform rather than using the already-suitable-but-lower vantage point in the new stand. They obviously see little merit in such expenditure for a highlights package. I think it's fair enough.

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    Your conspiracy theory doesn't make sense. If they didn't want to show any games, they'd simply not bother with MNS or live fixtures at all.
    They have to show live games and MNS as part of the agreement with the FAI giving them coverage of the internationals (competitive games at least).

That was one good thing the FAI did, in fairness.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Pretty sure it's part of the international contract (and costs are actually netted off the international rights price). They have to do MNS. Not being a TV production expert, I suspect that live games are actually easier for them, fill a couple of hours TV relatively low hassle, whereas highlights take time in editing down (to do it well at least), which they don't seem to bother. Easier to do "analysis/ opinions".

They waste so much time talking on MNS, but then when it comes to live games, coverage starts with feck all build up and feck all analysis after the game.

The only thing I will defend them on is camera positions - if clubs want it on a different side, it's up to them to provide the spot.
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

22. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

They only ever erect a main camera on the Lone Moor Road side of the Brandywell when broadcasting live games as I'm pretty sure it entails constructing a make-shift platform rather than using the already-suitable-but-lower vantage point in the new stand. They obviously see little merit in such expenditure for a highlights package. I think it's fair enough.
    The temporary structure stayed there last season - after first live game - because it was more cost effective for them to hire it for the season than dismantle it after one game. Or at least that's the derry rumor.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by osarusan View Post
    They have to show live games and MNS as part of the agreement with the FAI giving them coverage of the internationals (competitive games at least).

That was one good thing the FAI did, in fairness.
    Ah, maybe there is something to the theory then, ha... Sorry, blueblood!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Awful awful show... Con Murphy is also a big loss. Afaik rte offered the Fái money not to have mns start in the first place. Shows how much they are interested in the league.
    Harry and Liam, Harry and Liam, Harry and Liam, Harry and Liam.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast