Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Dear FAI, your league has started...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mypost View Post
    FA's don't market leagues.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A face View Post
    The NFF (Norwegian Football Federation) paid for the making of this - which is played before each Tippeligaen game - as well as using it for the theme to the nightly National Highlights programme (Fotballkveld / Football Night)

Kom Igen, FCK...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Réiteoir View Post
    The NFF (Norwegian Football Federation) paid for the making of this - which is played before each Tippeligaen game - as well as using it for the theme to the nightly National Highlights programme (Fotballkveld / Football Night)
    Just looking at that clip and it has to be said she's it's very very tasty indeed !!!!
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A face View Post
    Just looking at that clip and it has to be said she's it's very very tasty indeed !!!!
    Certainly increased my interest in erm... Norwegian Football

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    If the FAI just did a 2 min LOI version of the promo they (or rte) did after the 2002 WC to a-Houses "here come the good times" song and played it regularly between 11pm and 6am like they did for the wc2002 one, that would go a long way. I reckon it would attract new fans and lapsed fans (back) to the league. It would be cheap, easy and effective.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    It would only be cheap with RTE's co-operation, and we've already established RTE don't give a damn.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts
    Lads, close the thread, I've realised why the FAI haven't been promoting the league online. They were busy organising a friendly between Liverpool and Celtic for next summer in the Aviva. According to the Sunday Times, they've been in negotiations about the appearance fees for both clubs for some time.

When do the English FA have their Mervue vs Limavaddy friendly penciled in for Wembley again?

8. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    473 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by adamd164 View Post
    Lads, close the thread, I've realised why the FAI haven't been promoting the league online. They were busy organising a friendly between Liverpool and Celtic for next summer in the Aviva. According to the Sunday Times, they've been in negotiations about the appearance fees for both clubs for some time.

When do the English FA have their Mervue vs Limavaddy friendly penciled in for Wembley again?
    I'm torn over this one to be honest. This will make a tonne of money for Irish football, and as far as I'm concerned, barstoolers are a fair target for a fleecing. On the other hand, yeah, promote your own league, guys!!

10. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Don't care how much money it makes them when absolutely none of it will be seen in our own league. It's disgraceful stuff. Utterly sickening.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

12. Thanks From:

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Remind me to be out of the country that day.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    Christ almighty.

In fairness, with the right WMD it's an opportunity to rid Ireland of approximately 50% of its scumknackery...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peadar1987 View Post
    I'm torn over this one to be honest. This will make a tonne of money for Irish football, and as far as I'm concerned, barstoolers are a fair target for a fleecing. On the other hand, yeah, promote your own league, guys!!
    Both clubs will get a huge fee and enhance their 'Brand', scarves/hat/badge sellers will fly in from Liverpool/ Glasgow for a big payday and the pubs and (especially) offies all around Dublin 4 will make out like bandits. Delaney et al will get to rub shoulders with "real" football people and another bunch of day trippers will get to see the Aviva.

And there will be no benifit whatsoever to Irish football. Low lie the fields.............

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peadar1987 View Post
    I hope this was sarcasm? How much of the money do you really think will go into irish football?

From the Man Ure friendly (first game in the aviva) then the 2 aviva tournaments, I doubt any of the money went back into the game, reckon it went to JD plan of getting the FAI debt free by 2020.

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    The FAI paying off its debts is good for Irish football. Once they get to that point they'll have more money to spend on other stuff.

Not sure this is the way to do it of course but since most of our clubs jump at any chance to make money off the popularity of cross channel clubs we can't complain too much when the FAI do it.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

18. Thanks From:

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr A View Post
    we can't complain too much when the FAI do it.
    Course we can.

20. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    It's not the making money part I have a problem with, its the ****-sucking.

Still never forget reading the programme from the Carlsberg tournament in lansdowne in 1998 involving Leeds, Liverpool, Lazio and (the then LOI champs) Pats.

FAI chairman Michael Hyland wrote about he was a lifelong Liverpool fan etc etc. Its the fact that nobody in the FAI head office can see how this message doesn't help irish football that bugs the hell out of me
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    BTW for those wondering. Amount of League of Ireland tweets since the FAI account told us to follow the LOI accoutn that didn't involve a score update:

FAI account; zero
    LOI account; zero
    ---

23. Thanks From:

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    Totally agree on the lack of respect for the league shown by people in the FAI at times obviously.

A little bit on the league launch / promotion that I wrote elsewhere:

The start to the Airtricity League season was somewhat underwhelming as there was little in the way of hype. I welcome the idea that most clubs are now making a profit as we desperately need stability but it’s not the hook I would have picked to try to sell the league to a sceptical public. Instead I would have perhaps concentrated on the number of the current and indeed past international squads that have spent time in the league and encouraged people to come and see the next generation. Working forward from the likes of Paul McGrath to Seamus Coleman and Shane Long you could have put together a super montage of moments for the Boys in Green and in the league. Like everywhere else money is undoubtedly tight, but I think an opportunity was missed here. Sentiment towards the international side may not be as high as it might be at the moment but they’re still the flagship of Irish football and the portrayal of Irish football as a cohesive whole can only be a good thing for both league and country. Throw in bits that emphasise the joys of actually being there at live football with people talking about atmosphere and craic and you just might get a few people thinking about the game here in a more positive light. A strong league can only improve the national side in the long term so it’s a hard to understand any lack of focus from the powers that be in promoting the league.
    Maybe the FAI should employ the guys that did GUFC's DVD that time to promote the league. As mentioned above.. the most frustrating part is that despite all the players the league has provided to the national side that it still struggles to be taken seriously even within the FAI.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    For the record

10 irish born players played for the Irish side that drew in Sweden. 6 of them played in the LOI. (ts 5/8 for players born in the Republic of Ireland).

Tomorrow's starting 11 is 5/8 irish born from the LOI or 4/6 for players born in the LOI.

How can they not see the connection?
    ---

26. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    For the record

10 irish born players played for the Irish side that drew in Sweden. 6 of them played in the LOI. (ts 5/8 for players born in the Republic of Ireland).

Tomorrow's starting 11 is 5/8 irish born from the LOI or 4/6 for players born in the LOI.

How can they not see the connection?
    None so blind as those who cannot see..

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast