Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Ken Bigley

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Magoo
    not very interested in getting into this but in a totally discreditable situation the leader doing the dirty work in a warped way is kinda creditworthy.
    I didn't want to get more moral outrage aimed at me, but I do kinda agree. You don't see Bush*, Blair, Howard etc down on the frontline....

*even when he was drafted!
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joeSoap
    so you think its cool that the leader personally got his hands dirty on this one??
    I believe it creditworthy in a normally run company if the MD or senior management roll up their sleeves and pack boxes or work on production lines, but this......please tell me you're kidding me.
    i knew this was gonna happen. Read the post again will you. I said the situation was discreditable... warped way.... yadda, yadda, yadda. I understand all these words mean so little now in the hyperbole age of the tabloid but please try an approach the thing objectively without the "sick *******" rhetoric
    "I don’t want to tempt fate, but Thierry Henry is not having one of his best nights." - RTE co-commentator Jim Beglin, minutes before TH struck the stunning winner.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    I know...I know...

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs up

I hope that this does not sound in any way patronising.
    With the exception of the mainly crass posts made in the first page, this thread is seriously and sincerely written.
    Hats off to these soccer fans who take time out to reflect on the world around them, and to go public like this with such excellent posts.
    Injustice anywhere threatens justice everywhere - Martin Luther King Jnr.

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    200 Posts
    Agreed, and also does anyone else think that the Saddam issue was very personal for Bush because of his fathers inability to finish the job in '91?
    Also didn't Saddam (or one of his agents) try and assassinate George Bush Mk1 after the first Gulf War.

Also did anyone see Mark Stein (who i think sometimes writes in the Irish Times) had his article on Bigley pulled by the editor of the Telegraph... even from someone so notorious it was written in pretty poor taste given the recentness and the nature of the whole incident.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    If you go to a country to earn 'danger money' then you can expect to possibly get killed.

Not gloating in the mans death but would you go to Iraq tomorrow ??
    Go lí cúnna ifrinn do thóin bheagmhaitheasach

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Well now you see if I was to go and make big bucks probably, but to help out hell no

This thread is starting to get cynically dense!
    j'accuse!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dortie
    If you go to a country to earn 'danger money' then you can expect to possibly get killed.
    Possibly killed....maybe caught in a crossfire, blown up in a bombing, the way most civilians die in wars, yes. To be abducted, abused, tortured and clinically beheaded, then....no!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Possibly killed....maybe caught in a crossfire, blown up in a bombing, the way most civilians die in wars, yes. To be abducted, abused, tortured and clinically beheaded, then....no!!
    everyone knew what the situation was, and theres no war there at the moment. the country is just in chaos and hundreds of people have been abducted. its just this guy is british.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ShedEnd.com
    its just this guy is british.
    Agree 100%
    Go lí cúnna ifrinn do thóin bheagmhaitheasach

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Maybe its just that it gets more publicity over here cos he was British. And we wouldn't be having this discussion if it wasn't so well publicised.Its a simple fact that, like it or not, we tend to listen more to British related news topics and take an interest in them because they're our only neighbouring country, speak the same language as us, and dare I say it, are very similar to us in most ways....oh shock horror to all of the Brit-Haters, look what I've just said....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Thank you....yet we are very quick as a nation to dispel any similarities or associations...when it suits us to, or when we've had a few pints too many and decide to be 'patriotic'....

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Magoo
    not very interested in getting into this but in a totally discreditable situation the leader doing the dirty work in a warped way is kinda creditworthy.
    You've got to ask for who's benefit is he doing this for? O.K . he might be doing it to shock the West but he's probably also doing it for the benefit of other fundamentalists. There has to be a power struggle within that group and by acting (however horrifically) at the front line rather than directing operations hidden in a cave somewhere he is putting down his mark as the leader of the fundamentalist movement.
    don't worry, they couldn't hit an elephant at this dis......

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    So, do you envisage a situation where these people do as they please and go unpunished? The human rights abuses they perpetrate against their own for not following the will of allah or whoever it is they worship should go ignored?
    No, if you look at the other posts I've made, I suggested that these people be punished, but also that there is an attempt to change the situation as a whole.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567