Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Major Takeover Rumour

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Major Takeover Rumour

Ha Ha Ha.........at least it got you looking!!
    Whats gone wrong with this forum...nobody posts here any more
    I'm resigned to having to spend more and more tiime in the off topic section...come on lads, surely theres something to talk about.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Is there many of ye coming up to terryland friday night?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    I read in the paper that Michael O'Sullivan announced at Saturdays game that there would be 4 new directors on board for next season. Is this true? Does this mean that it is not an actual takeover and that MOS and his crew will still have a presence next season? Anyone know the latest?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

takeover

Ya the paper quoted him as saying that there will be mor directors coming on board..It looks like he will still be there according to the Local and it also said that someone to come on board with Mike kerley who has LOI experience but i cant see Kerley sticking around if that happens...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    We're living season to season at this stage. At least there is a good chance of still being in the league next season. Remember the uncertainty in the close season? There was also talk that the FAI would not allow us to play at the Pike next season. Is this still the case?
    "It's impossible to make a man understand something when his livelihood depends on him not understanding" Upton Sinclair

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Im not sure but Jackman Park is being re-developed with stands on both sides and up to date floodlights and theey stated on the paper that they havent been approached by Limerick FC to use the Pitch but then again they are a shower of ******* who have no time for anyone but themselves ...It would be great thoughif Limerick were to get back to Jackman Park (a redeveloped one of course)because it is a very central location ...parking probably the only problem.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy
    parking probably the only problem.
    My memory on this was that when Limerick FC went in there it was hoped to redevelop the ground and do a Turners Cross on it where the senior side had a long lease from the junior administration. Limerick FC were to have been a catalyst to get FAI funding. This didn't work out because (from what I remember) the Jacks could not get a Uefa license because of the lack of exits. There is only one entry and exit - and the ground is surrounded on all sides by the station and houses, so they would be unable (without permission from CIE) to get another one. And even then the entrance would be through the station - not on really.

So if they do develop it will only be for junior, inter-firm and inter-pub finals.
    "It's impossible to make a man understand something when his livelihood depends on him not understanding" Upton Sinclair

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    AAAAAHHHHH....The auld inter-pub finals....I can remember a team who 'trained' (seriously) for the inter-pub, scoured the town for non-signed quality players, paid them, and still got beaten in the second round by a regular bunch of alco's...

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LFC in Exile
    My memory on this was that when Limerick FC went in there it was hoped to redevelop the ground and do a Turners Cross on it where the senior side had a long lease from the junior administration. Limerick FC were to have been a catalyst to get FAI funding. This didn't work out because (from what I remember) the Jacks could not get a Uefa license because of the lack of exits. There is only one entry and exit - and the ground is surrounded on all sides by the station and houses, so they would be unable (without permission from CIE) to get another one. And even then the entrance would be through the station - not on really.

So if they do develop it will only be for junior, inter-firm and inter-pub finals.

Oh right i did not realise That Sorry...its an awful pity though ..Back to Hogan park seems to be the only option so i suppose ..the markets field and Thomond Park are definute no nos although Pike have big plans dont they?? Cant see that happening in the near future either..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I dont know if any of ye have been to Station Road but it has only one entrance/exit and got UEFA licensing this season. Kildare County are tennents of Newbridge Town, sounds like there might be some room for manouvere down ther after all.

Although what was that I heard about the redevlopment of the Pike? Sounds like ye might have a nice ground after all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    is thomond park a definite no no though? id say if it was pushed hard enough and made worth their while they may go for it especially with the majority of celtic league games played in cork and shannon starting to play more and more games in Coonagh if it was pushed you never know because im sure the MRFU will welcome any funds they can get to contribute towards players wages

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Limerick FC would be lost playing in Thomond though, it'd be depressing. Big Stadium, no fans, but I suppose it'd be better than what we have at the minute. At least we'd be playing on Friday and Saturday nights.

I can't stand the Pike SC cos basically it is in a hole. Public transport to there is non existant because of its surrounding areas, and thus it is impossible to get to. That is one of the main reasons I don't get to many games, where as I went to loads in Jackman Pk and Rathbane, and I bet there are more than a few like me. This playing on saturday afternoon has to stop as well, its ridiculous - how are people who are working supposed to see the games? What was wrong with Sunday afternoons? Wherever we end up moving to, floodlights have to be a priority as at the moment the club is doing itself no favours on the days it is currently choosing to play its games.

I still think Hogan Park would be a class ground and the best option if it was developed. Ah well........

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i read somewhere that jackman park when redeveloped would hold 10k this cannot be for pub cup finals surely.the only team to ever possible attract that sort of crowd must be limerick or you have some bloody big pubs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthCroydon
    i read somewhere that jackman park when redeveloped would hold 10k this cannot be for pub cup finals surely.the only team to ever possible attract that sort of crowd must be limerick or you have some bloody big pubs
    Theres a pub in Limerick for every day of the year....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

more sat problems

Just went around postering the city and none thats none of the pubs will let me put up a poster in there premises, cos theres a big game on telly and they dont want anything taking away from their crowed. I understand their views but this is yet another reason why we have to move from Saturday afternoons and 100 croweds to Friday night football back in Rathbane or other Everyone try and make it on Sat though as our merchandice is fast selling so if you want something, jersey scarf pin badge whatever come along and get it!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rumours abound that the LDMC have visions of starting an eL U21 team. There were 2 in Limerick. Limerick FC disbanded their's, so that leaves 1 vacancy.
    Developing Jackman Park could be the start of a bid by LDMC to run the senior team in Limerick.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

dream on

not trying to be rude or anything 'cotty' but the only reason the LDMC scum would put in an under 21 team is to stop Limerick fc having one. As for developing "de jacks" their latest €2 million plan has stands everywhere (one is a CIE flyover which will cover one side of the ground. Just imagine all the supporters standing around lit barrels, it would look like a scene from strumpet city with all the homeless bums, ahh the irony in itself makes me laugh.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Lads Forget about the LDMC and their Poxy Pitch. We have bigger Fish to Fry. We will be completly independent from now on with our own Pitch and Facilities and underage Teams as well. Now lets get some players on board who will give a S**T and play for us

JohnD
    "How Can you lie there and think of England when you don't even know who's in the team"-- B.Bragg

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Lads, All I will say is that you underestimate some of the committee members of the LDMC at your (Limerick FC) peril. There are some savvy politicians in there.