Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Limerick FC and a little bit of art this Thursday..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    516 Posts

Limerick FC and a little bit of art this Thursday..

Chances are none of you will be interested but I thought I'd give this a little mention anyway..

Every year, LSAD which I am nearing the end of my 4th year printmaking degree with, holds its own exhibition for past and present students called the LSAD Drawing Awards, usually around 3/400 entrants submit work, and 100-150 or so are then chosen to be on exhibit for a month within the colleges art gallery, which is the main church area within the old Magdalene laundry's.

As you may have guessed I have some work on show, two pieces in fact, and the opening is this Thursday, but the work will be available to the public to walk in and view at any time for the month or so following.

The reason I thought I'd mention it here is the two prints I have in the show are about football, and the LOI in fact, one an image pertaining to Flancare Park, and the other is a woodblock image of your very own Barry Ryan after conceding V Wexford Youths at the end of last season, it isn't often you get to see art work about sports and certainly not the LOI, but that's basically what my entire final year project will be about. They'll also be free wine and beer, which is always a good thing, and it isn't an exclusive artist/invite only event, anyone can come in and see the show, I'll double check what time the show opens at and post it up in a bit, but anyway that's me doing my part to raise the profile of the league and Limerick FC

Edit: Show opens at 6pm Thursday the 28th
    Last edited by Acornvilla; 27/02/2013 at 12:08 AM.

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Will put this up on our forum acornvilla, unless you want to do it yourself?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    What time is kick-off for the opening of this exhibition?
    Fight the good fight!

(Now with my very own account on foot.ie - How cool am I? - 15/02/07)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    516 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofspring View Post
    Will put this up on our forum acornvilla, unless you want to do it yourself?
    Yeah feel free to!

Kick off is at 6pm this Thursday, and below heres a link to a tiny bit more information on the event itself if anyone's interested, I've actually had work on show there every year for the last 3 years but I decided seeing as football is a way of life and all, its about time I start doing work on something important In June I'll be having my degree show which will hopefully have even better work on display so this is a bit of a taster of what's to come.

http://visualartists.ie/listings/lim...hibition-2013/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    516 Posts
    Heres a photo of one of my prints in the show at the moment, this being good ol' Barry, thought it'd be worth linking here, had an awful amount of trouble uploading it onto foot for some reason thou, had to upload to twitter instead and link the URL but meh..

6. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    516 Posts
    http://www.behance.net/gallery/Woodc...eepers/7801587 a few better photos of the work and another print Featuring Dave Ryan.

8. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    516 Posts
    Seeing as I've been occasionally giving you lot random updates about artist stuff that's happening in Limerick. I thought it might be worth mentioning that the LSAD degree show opens this Saturday.. That and I'm graduating this year so I'm in the show!

Every year, the Limerick School of Art and Design on Clare street becomes a huge Art gallery showcasing the work of well over 100 4th year students graduating from the college who studied the disciplines of Printmaking, Painting, Sculpture, Fashion, Graphics and Ceramics.

The show opens this Saturday at 3pm and is open to the public, It will then be open again from the 3rd-8th of June from 9:30-5pm every day. So, if you can't make the opening, you're more than welcome to pop by and have a look around the place later in the week. We finished putting the show together over the last few days and it's wonderful as always, well worth a look!

Heres a link to the events Facebook page which includes some more information, the odd poster/photo as well as teaser videos. Some of the Viscom (Graphic design) students' work has also been uploaded over the last day or so onto youtube and is well worth having a look at. LINK

I'm from the printmaking course so you'd get to see my work up close and personal as well as all the other talented folk in the year! There are also some very nice prints made by the 4th year printmaking class on sale in a side ''editions exhibition'' with all proceeds going towards Pieta house.

My works still all the football stuff I've been working on for the past year, I have a topic in the Longford forum about it, as a lot of my degree show is directly about the Irish Domestic game and has pictures from our stadiums, so if you wan't to read more have a look at this topic, this post is probably long enough already.

Anyhow, I felt it was worth mentioning as some of you might want to head down to the college one of the days next week and have a look around!

10. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Was there last Saturday, Congratulations some lovely photographs