Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Section O Supporters Club Membership

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts

Section O Supporters Club Membership

As some of you might know there's a few of us from Section O who are getting involved in the Supporters Club this season. After a meeting with Carmel Browne and Seamus Leavy at the match yesterday one of the ideas discussed was a "Section O Membership" of the Supporters Club.
    The idea came about to basically increase membership of the Supporters Club particularly to attract some younger members and give them a voice within the club. Membership to Section O will basically be the same as membership to the Supporters club but Section O will be seen as a branch of the Official Supporters Club.
    For those who are away from Longford during the week and not able to attend the Supporters Club meetings held on Monday nights, we plan to hold our own monthly meetings, if there is an interest, to discuss any issues or questions which anyone may have. The idea is that any issues discussed at our meetings can then be brought up to the Official Supporters Club at their meetings by those attending.
    We will also be using the meetings to discuss issues such as fundraisers we intend on holding in conjunction with the supporters club, player sponsorship, planning away trips, new flags etc. We will be looking to sponsor at least one, but hopefully two players for the coming season so we will be looking for people to help out raising money for that. Also discussed was the possibility of Section O having their own section on both the club's website and in the club programme with pictures and different articles.
    The Supporter's Club commented that it was great to see the numbers and support in Section O both home away last year and this is something they want to encourage. They are also very eager to attract some young blood into their ranks.
    Membership is the same as the Supporters Club, €10 for Adults and €5 for Students and Carmel Browne said that they will be able to get special Supporter's Club Membership cards with Section O on them. For anyone who wants to join and get involved, just get onto me or Cabs as we hope to start collecting membership during the first few games of the season. For anyone who has already joined the Supporter's club just let us know and we will organise for you to have one of the Section O cards.
    I'd encourage anyone who isn't already a member of the Supporter's club to join as the whole idea is to raise money for the club. This is also a great opportunity for Section O to get official recognition from both the club and Supporter's club for the effort that has been put in over the years with atmosphere,flags etc.
    If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    Ha, I quite like that idea actually, good job guys.

4. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    Just want to echo Bosco's post above.. we really hope this initiative takes off, but it will only be a success if people get involved in the venture! We have plenty of ideas we would like to see implemented over the season, and its time the younger section of the club got a chance to have their voices heard. We're hoping to run buses regularly to away days, perhaps have a section O page in the programme, among other ideas.. We are always open to new ideas so i'd encourage anyone to feel free to share any thoughts or ideas they may have!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts
    Howya lads, I can run off a few Section O cards for free if you need some? Was thinking of putting in Fanzone section, and Section O news in a subsection.
    'Fascists dress in black and go round telling people what to do, where as priests.....'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts
    There should be an official club email sent out to members maybe, giving details about meetings, minutes, upcoming events, etc., stuff that might not be in the public domain. Could have a supporters club and Section O section too.

There probably is a top secret emailing list already for the privileged.

Watchyas think guys?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    Who is going to do that?
    Sporting F*ck All!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    I can't see there being any kind of secret emailing list. Any information the club want to release will be told to the Supporters club i'd imagine.

And Pauro, I think Carmel Browne said there is someone to do it already but I'll ask her and get back to you...cheers man!
    If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.

10. Thanks From: