Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Tennis 2013

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by swinfordfc View Post
    Something wrong somewhere cause Louk Sorensen is up to 175 in the world ..... his highest ever! ..... Bravo
    Lots of people above him must have skipped a week and lost points I would assume. Great news for Louk thou, he'll be seeded at most challengers now at this stage, one or two good results between now and end of season could even see him seeded in the Aussie open Qualification.

McGee still hasn't competed since the USOpen the hoor, I know he has very little points to defend, but sure he'd already be in the top 150 had he played a few comps!

Think Cluskey has taken the week off, has dropped down to 201 now even thou he's had a great last month. Very little points for him to defend for the next 6 months however so I'd expect him to be bombing back up around 150 sharpish.

Glancy lost in the 2nd round of qualies in Metz afterwards in a 3rd set tiebreak. Would have been one hell of an achievement for him to make Q3.
    Last edited by Acornvilla; 16/09/2014 at 10:39 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    I see on twitter that McGee and Cluskey are going to be playing doubles together over in the USTA circuit for the next three weeks or so. California up first!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    Irish top two won their first games in America this week - on the same side of draw as well!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by swinfordfc View Post
    Irish top two won their first games in America this week - on the same side of draw as well!
    Cluskey is over there too, playing with Freddy Nielsen of all men! So if he can't win a few rounds playing alongside a former grand slam champion he may give up! They're playing a decent pairing today thou, I'm going to try and give the match a watch, should be a good one.

Louk should win tonight, I'd say McGee will lose in a tight 3 set match, it'll be interesting, the lad he's playing is Jordan Thompson, the 3rd best young Aussie behind Kyrgios and Kokkinakis, they've been taking very good care of these lads, there's a lot expected of Jordan, he won two sets off Janowicz at the Aussie open this year!
    Last edited by Acornvilla; 08/10/2014 at 2:26 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Acornvilla View Post
    Cluskey is over there too, playing with Freddy Nielsen of all men! So if he can't win a few rounds playing alongside a former grand slam champion he may give up! They're playing a decent pairing today thou, I'm going to try and give the match a watch, should be a good one.

Louk should win tonight, I'd say McGee will lose in a tight 3 set match, it'll be interesting, the lad he's playing is Jordan Thompson, the 3rd best young Aussie behind Kyrgios and Kokkinakis, they've been taking very good care of these lads, there's a lot expected of Jordan, he won two sets off Janowicz at the Aussie open this year!
    Louk lost last night and McGee won and is in the quarter final - but he won this match

6. Thanks From:

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567