Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Respect for Mr Trapattoni please

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    542 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_oshea View Post
    Its funny how the Trap brigade go on about everyone else saying that its Trap, and not the players and all this, don't give an inch on Trap himself. Those of us who are seen as anti-trap are seen as though we don't give an inch, where that is not true at all, we are willing to cede ground where improvements have been made, pointing out where trap needs to change is hardly a stance of being anti-trap no matter what. I think those who are so quick to defend him need to see the wood from the trees - in the sense of our arguments.
    as one of the pro-trap group I have also been critical, be it here or elsewhere, of some of his decisions / selection policies. i have been critical of him before for playing his wide men on their unfavoured side for whatever reason he does it for example.

however, my support of trap is based a lot on the fact that whatever follows him will probably bring us back to the 2002 to 2008 era when I believe better squads achieved far less than traps have. i also believe that many anti-trap posters believe our squad quality is far better than it is and blame all / most of our woes on him rather unfairly.

2. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,747 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    I'd imagine Trap's decision was influenced by a similar situation against Macedonia when Doyle was on a yellow at 2-1 and got himself sent off, something I think everybody saw coming for about 20 minutes beforehand. Long was very much in the same state of mind.
    Yes, he was. We've all been over this a dozen times though. The situation at hand demanded something very different to what Trap actually did. Trap was maybe influenced by other home performances where we've given up a lot of ground and chances and got away with it, thinking we'd simply get away with it again.

Anyway, thinking of Austria again is making me angry! I have given credit to Trap for what happened subsequently and I'm cautiously optimistic about September. If he doesn't budge an inch from how he has approached other games this optimism would decline, but I think he will be willing to adapt a little bit. I do think that there are wild cards like Pilkington and Brady that will come into the equation, as well as Hoolahan even if only as sub.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    Saying bennocelt has a point when he blatantly didn't? Wasting a post saying Osarusan was saying the same thing twice, when he wasn't. And so on...

Just like this is a waste of a post I suppose but inane nonsense is a pretty fair description of some posts on here recently. It's a shame if you see people making rational arguments as being self-indulgent, whereas nitpicking on minutiae isn't. I don't agree.
    Hang on, if anyone's nitpicking it's not me...

As for being 'inane', who are we to judge others...
    Also sometimes the arguments aren't overly 'rational', not yours especially btw.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    What do you mean by "not yours especially btw"?
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,747 Posts
    Whatever. I've obviously deluded myself as to the rationality of my posts. I don't expect people to agree with me, but I try to make points that can actually be subjected to scrutiny and which are as objective as any fan's comments can be expected to be. I think I usually only lose my rationality when I get wound up. Let's move on.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts
    Fine by me. Like I said, we appear to mainly agree.
    As per #47.

8. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    414 Posts
    You guys should have a weekly hour call in radio show on satellite radio.
    No Somos muchos pero estamos locos.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts
    Surely 5 minutes would be enough, if you believe some on here.

NB. NOT a go at any individual, in case anyone gets the wrong end...

11. Thanks From:

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    918 Posts
    Trap has riled up the good folk out Derby way now.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23002807

Lost in Giovanni Trappatoni's Tactics Board
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    132 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CraftyToePoke View Post
    Trap has riled up the good folk out Derby way now.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23002807
    Another Club marked off his long list
    My Country is My Club.

Republic of Ireland Forever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um_ZvP2cUdo

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    918 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by back of the net View Post
    Another Club marked off his long list
    It's funny really, unless of course you are connected to Derby, looking back at it, basically said, I can't believe Sammon & Hendrick play for Derby cos they are actually quite good.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    He said they should be playing in a higher league. Only somebody who's trying very hard to be offended would take that as anything other than a compliment to the players involved.

16. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Agreed. Any Derby pretty much took it in that way too despite the slightly misleading headline.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    Came here to say what you said Charlie. Can't see how they could get offended at that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    414 Posts
    For some reason i was surprised to find that nigel clough was capped by England 14 times in the early 90s.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts
    Wasn't that for Forest though?

And even more of a tangent;once broke down on the way to a stag do in a car of which the same N.Clough had been the previous owner of...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    414 Posts
    You mean Jon Voight?

Off topic but here is a good "stag situation", funny you mention that word while i am reading it. This blurb oddly made the paper here this morning from Reuters:

A brawl in Ireland among two women brought out a few slack jawed yokels as if it were a stag party.
    The two ladies, who were both said to be generously endowed, got into a fist fight with one another in the early morning outside a school they had just dropped their children off at in the rural Irish village of Doon. As the rest of the parents looked on in shock, the fight escalated into the tearing off of clothes, and soon the two women were topless. "Me and a few other Dad's were going to break it up and then the clothes started getting ripped off and we thought let's give it a minute." Said one man sheepishly. "The fathers who had just dropped their kids off wouldn't do anything. They were enjoying the action." Fumed a woman who said she urged the men to break the fight up. "You know how women fight," said another smiling father, "they tear and rip at things, and they had loose clothing on, and one thing led to another...."
    As authorities arrived, the two women spilled over into a large mud pile and were soon stark naked. "My wife is not going to be happy but it was like watching two strippers in the mud," Said a man who asked not to be identified, "But how this can happen just outside the school is beyond me but it was quite a sight." Authorities arrested the women when they finally got them seperated, as school staff scrambled to find something to put over them as they lay naked and mud covered in handcuffs, torn clothes about. The charges were pending the Village said.

HA! Can honestly say i have never heard of Doon.

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,010 Posts
    This documentary is on Japanese TV right now. Trap doesn't come across as a very humble person, in my opinion, but watch for yourself.

His tenure as Irish manager is briefly included also, ending with Ireland hoping to qualify for Euro 2012.

Last edited by osarusan; 22/06/2013 at 3:25 PM.

23. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,376 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Crosby87 View Post
    You mean Jon Voight?

Off topic but here is a good "stag situation", funny you mention that word while i am reading it. This blurb oddly made the paper here this morning from Reuters:

A brawl in Ireland among two women brought out a few slack jawed yokels as if it were a stag party.
    The two ladies, who were both said to be generously endowed, got into a fist fight with one another in the early morning outside a school they had just dropped their children off at in the rural Irish village of Doon. As the rest of the parents looked on in shock, the fight escalated into the tearing off of clothes, and soon the two women were topless. "Me and a few other Dad's were going to break it up and then the clothes started getting ripped off and we thought let's give it a minute." Said one man sheepishly. "The fathers who had just dropped their kids off wouldn't do anything. They were enjoying the action." Fumed a woman who said she urged the men to break the fight up. "You know how women fight," said another smiling father, "they tear and rip at things, and they had loose clothing on, and one thing led to another...."
    As authorities arrived, the two women spilled over into a large mud pile and were soon stark naked. "My wife is not going to be happy but it was like watching two strippers in the mud," Said a man who asked not to be identified, "But how this can happen just outside the school is beyond me but it was quite a sight." Authorities arrested the women when they finally got them seperated, as school staff scrambled to find something to put over them as they lay naked and mud covered in handcuffs, torn clothes about. The charges were pending the Village said.

HA! Can honestly say i have never heard of Doon.
    Doon disco would be well known in Limerick
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    594 Posts
    Does anyone think we'd be doing worse as a footballing nation without Trap?
    Folding my way into the big money!!!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast