Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Explosive comments from Stephen Kelly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bungle View Post
    Come on mate. Like I've said on other posts, Trap has done some very good things for the team, most of them within the first two/three years of his reign, when he turned a joke of a team into a team that deserved to qualify for the World Cup and then did qualify for the Euros.

However, even his most ardent supporters must accept that his communication skills are a joke and he has alienated some very good decent guys like Kelly. Guys like Gibson and Ireland are one thing but a quiet good pro like Kelly is quite another. His management of Wilson and McCarthy could have lost them to the North or to Scotland, were they not totally committed to playing for us. He makes Don Givens seem like a world class diplomat does our Trap.
    Gibson took a petulant huff because Trap gave Green a run ahead of him at the Euros; that's Trap's decision to make, whether we or the players disagree with that or not. He's the manager. Gibson's reaction was immature in the extreme and he's lucky Trap still has time for him, as indicated by Trap's continued communication with Gibson.

Trap didn't alienate Ireland. Ireland retired from international football during Staunton's reign. Trap and Brady actually attempted to convince him to make himself available again.

The Wilson thing seemed to be a case of mistaken identity, which is shoddy and careless, granted, but things were patched up and Wilson since re-asserted his full commitment. For what it's worth, Wilson never entertained the notion of declaring for the IFA. No need scaremonger.

How did Trap alienate McCarthy exactly? McCarthy never once indicated he was considering a switch to Scotland. He missed a couple of games due to a niggling injury concern; nothing Trap could have done about that. He brought him in against Macedonia when he felt he was ready. What's the problem?

There's more to come on the Kelly story. It was initially reported that Kelly was rested, but was Kelly then asked to join the squad at a later date? If so, what reason was given for not joining up with the team?

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,695 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dr_peepee View Post
    to throw the dodi out of the pram..
    I think he was thrown out of a car actually.

Is anyone really that surprised by Trap anymore? He's a complete joke.
    I like high energy football. A little bit rock and roll. Many finishes instead of waiting for the perfect one.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts
    But I reckon I could do almost as good a job as Trap - ArdeeBhoy - you sound like any one of a hundred meeja hacks who are acting "in the public interest". Remember the crowing of the meeja when they knew 100% he was gone, then suddenly when he turned up at matches it was because of THEIR pressure. Winning a league with Manchester United on FM 2011 doesn't make you fit to manage internationally, despite what it may feel like.

This is the latest in a long line of crap from the Irish meeja that anyone older than 10 and with half a brain cell has experienced many times before. Apparently Irish rugby was the best in the world and Triple Crowns were not enough, the meeja ruined one manager and now are trying their best to get rid of another. Charlton was hammered for not picking the media darlings and ruling with a fist of iron. McCarthy was dead after Saipan as sponsors and media needed "Keano" in the fold. Brian Kerr realised that his bessie mates would turn on him in a second once he no longer became useful to sell airtime and newspapers.

The irish meeja have turned into a horrible version of the english tabloids and what would go on locally (build someone up to knock them down) now happens nationally and our football media and supporters become a joke. Unless results on the pitch warrant otherwise, I don't see how this drummed up nonsense of "communication" being thrown in the mix time and again should have anything to do with the situation. Kelly is no choirboy, nor saint, yet today we're being told he is the 22nd coming of christ on a bike with Messi's skills!

5. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,695 Posts
    Jesus Spud, if you want to rant about meeja agendas then you'd want to lay off the tabloid sensationalism.

Did Kelly release that statement with a journalists pen to his head? Also "yet today we're being told he is the 22nd coming of christ on a bike with Messi's skills!" - no one has said anything of the sort.

Either way, there is a litany of issues that any fan over the age of 10 and with half a brain cell would take great exception to. He's a bluffer and a spoofer.
    I like high energy football. A little bit rock and roll. Many finishes instead of waiting for the perfect one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    So it's media's fault...

I don't think so.
    Yeah man, they call gambling a disease, but it's the only disease where you can win a bunch of money.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    594 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    I think he was thrown out of a car actually.

Is anyone really that surprised by Trap anymore? He's a complete joke.
    Sources tell me what actually happened was a horse's head was thrown into Kelly's bed
    Folding my way into the big money!!!

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,922 Posts
    A thread dies a rational death, when Sku claims that anyone over the age of 10 who doesn't agree with him, hasn't got more than one half a brain cell

Apparently some of these lads would believe anything, so why not the horse's head story?
    Tardelli could do that, couldn't he? anyone with half a brain cell can see that?

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    586 Posts
    Anyway, it seems clear that either Trap or Kelly are lying here - not just misleading or misunderstanding, lying - because he either made himself available or he didn't. Regardless, it was unnecessary to put it out into the public sphere, especially with the already strong unhappiness with the Trapattoni regime.
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

11. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,695 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post
    A thread dies a rational death, when Sku claims that anyone over the age of 10 who doesn't agree with him, hasn't got more than one half a brain cell
    Did you not notice that I took it from Spuds post above my own?

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,922 Posts
    I'm not talking to you right now, my <1 braincell can't process info that fast.
    but he said it differently,
    you said it like you meant it and that was believable because you've form on that level of debate

14. Thanks From:

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    790 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brine3 View Post
    Jesus, he presided over the worst home loss in the history of Irish football.

We all know he'd have been sacked already but the FAI can't afford to pay off his contract. He's a lame duck manager.
    Two campaigns and a quarter so far unbeaten away from home with a team made up primarily of journeymen Premiership and Championship players. Blasted lame duck manager!

Why would Trap say it if it were not true? I suspect Kelly has joined the ranks of the prima donnas who now feel that a starting place on a mighty Reading side (having been warming the Fulham bench) entitles them to a starting place in an international side. It's the lemmings syndrome. One breaks rank and many now decide to follow. However, Trap should have dealt with it internally instead of opening his mouth.
    Forget about the performance or entertainment. It's only the result that matters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,695 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post
    I'm not talking to you right now, my <1 braincell can't process info that fast.
    but he said it differently,
    you said it like you meant it and that was believable because you've form on that level of debate
    Sure. It was a harmless reference to his post above mine. Not sure why you try and paint me that way but whatever you're into. I just try to put my points across when I have them. I thought thats why we're all here.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer82 View Post
    Sources tell me what actually happened was a horse's head was thrown into Kelly's bed
    I heard he woke up one morning and there was a Tesco burger on his pillow.

18. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts
    #TrapOut #KellyOut #DelaneyOut #EveryoneOut

I think I covered all the bases. I love a good moan....

20. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts
    Oh wait #HoolahanIn

22. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    594 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlsFan View Post

Why would Trap say it if it were not true? I suspect Kelly has joined the ranks of the prima donnas who now feel that a starting place on a mighty Reading side (having been warming the Fulham bench) entitles them to a starting place in an international side. It's the lemmings syndrome. One breaks rank and many now decide to follow. However, Trap should have dealt with it internally instead of opening his mouth.
    Of all the players that have fallen foul of Trap, I suspect Andy Reid, Kevin Foley and now Stephen Kelly are far from prima donnas
    Folding my way into the big money!!!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts
    Now that i think about it, didn't Kelly have a fall out with Pullis at Stoke too??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    414 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dr_peepee View Post
    Now that i think about it, didn't Kelly have a fall out with Pullis at Stoke too??
    He loved Dandy Andy Wilkinson
    http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk...#axzz2KKCSiZMp
    No Somos muchos pero estamos locos.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts
    How many all in?
    Stephen Reid
    Andy Reid
    Shane Long
    Kevin Foley
    Daron Gibson
    Kevin Doyle (Sort of)
    Stephen Kelly
    Ian Harte (arguably)
    Joey O'Brien
    Mark Wilson

Anyone else??
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer82 View Post
    Of all the players that have fallen foul of Trap, I suspect Andy Reid, Kevin Foley and now Stephen Kelly are far from prima donnas
    Last edited by dr_peepee; 08/02/2013 at 3:22 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    Kelly is a very good pro, and a very decent man. Certainly no prima donna. Don't think he ever played for Stoke.
    Always look on the bright side of life

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast