Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627

Thread: Richard Keogh D Forest Green Rovers b.1986

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liamoo11 View Post
    That's fair , amazing effort to get himself back playing at a good level ascwell
    Hang on, how is that fair and what I said "victim blaming"? It's basically the same thing!

Anyway, if it's an Ireland squad night out and, say, Connolly and Parrott are going driving at 3am or whatever I'm expecting Seamus Coleman to demand their keys and talk some sense into them, not hop into the back seat and say "away we go lads".

That's all, he obviously didn't deserve what happened to him subsequently but I would have expected a lot better judgement from a senior pro/club captain. For the life or me I can't see what's harsh about that.

And absolutely, it's a credit to him that he was able to recover to play again. He's been a brilliant professional over the years.
    Last edited by DeLorean; 02/10/2021 at 5:21 PM.

2. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean View Post
    Hang on, how is that fair and what I said "victim blaming"? It's basically the same thing!

Anyway, if it's an Ireland squad night out and, say, Connolly and Parrott are going driving at 3am or whatever I'm expecting Seamus Coleman to demand their keys and talk some sense into them, not hop into the back seat and say "away we go lads".

That's all, he obviously didn't deserve what happened to him subsequently but I would have expected a lot better judgement from a senior pro/club captain. For the life or me I can't see what's harsh about that.

And absolutely, it's a credit to him that he was able to recover to play again. He's been a brilliant professional over the years.
    That's fair !!

4. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    My guess, Richie just hopped into the back seat on auto pilot because that's what he's been doing all his life, cadging lifts from his mates. He probably still hasn't passed his driving test. It's without doubt that Derby sacked him for financial reasons and chance their arm on the legalities.
    It was reported Richie didn't put on his seat belt, if so that was an act of carelessness, he didn't own up that in the interview, however that's not evidence that he isn't taking any responsibility for what happened. After all, he's hired a life coach!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,306 Posts
    It was careless on his part, but it's up to the driver to make sure all passengers are using seat belts.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    544 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post
    My guess, Richie just hopped into the back seat on auto pilot because that's what he's been doing all his life, cadging lifts from his mates. He probably still hasn't passed his driving test. It's without doubt that Derby sacked him for financial reasons and chance their arm on the legalities.
    It was reported Richie didn't put on his seat belt, if so that was an act of carelessness, he didn't own up that in the interview, however that's not evidence that he isn't taking any responsibility for what happened. After all, he's hired a life coach!
    Pretty sure it was reported at the time that there were a load of golf clubs and other junk across the back seats, which meant he was sitting awkwardly on top of them and the seatbelts weren’t accessible and his knee was in a really vulnerable position because of the way he was sprawled on stuff

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    It was careless on his part, but it's up to the driver to make sure all passengers are using seat belts.
    The driver has a responsibility but ultimately under UK road law the 'unbelted' passenger is legally culpable and is liable for prosecution.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Blackpool Head Coach Neil Critchley praises Keogh's contribution on and off the pitch (18 Feb). As benefit games are no longer so necessary, it's a pity there isn't a way of marking the special contribution of Keogh and others to the BIG before they fade from view.
    Neil Critchley praises the impact of former Derby County man Richard Keogh as Blackpool defender faces spell on the sidelines | Blackpool Gazette

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    A groin injury during a pre-season friendly v Everton has kept Keogh (35) out of the Blackpool team in recent weeks. Derbyshire Live reports that Ipswich (EFL 1) have made a couple of offers during the summer and that Keogh is keen to move, to be closer to his family. He was with the Ipswich academy as a youngster.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Third outing of the season for Keogh, all in the FA Cup; this time at home to Rotherham, including Peter Kioso.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,094 Posts
    Interview with Richard Keogh and Kieran McKenna by Paul Rowan in the Times today.

I knew McKenna was a GAA man from Fermanagh but he refers to watching Keogh at the Euros "I watched the Euros as a supporter in 2016 and he was such a part of that."

McKenna also grew up a United fan and Roy Keane was his hero.

One for the shortlist of options for future Ireland manager.
    Last edited by Olé Olé; 30/04/2023 at 10:12 AM.

13. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olé Olé View Post

One for the shortlist of options for future Ireland manager.
    Aye. Reading Jonathan Wilson's book Two Brothers at the moment and the way Keogh came back (even with a big cash settlement) and I can tell you he won over hugely sceptical Huddersfield fans, his character would remind you of another stubborn centre-half who managed Ireland successfully.

I like a guy with a chip on his shoulder and always something to prove.

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    779 Posts
    Funny thing is that many Ipswich fans were calling for McKenna's head when they slipped to third in January. A few astute signings in the window and they have been virtually unstoppable. Supporters aren't always right.
    Forget about the performance or entertainment. It's only the result that matters.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    557 Posts
    I wonder is Richard Keogh managerial material ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts
    McKenna is probably already beyond our reach. But seems an ideal eventual replacement for Kenny.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Keogh (36) has been released by Ipswich Town, after just 4 starts in the 2022/23 season. (EADT, today).

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    425 Posts
    With him turning 37 in August he'll surely call it quits this summer.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JR89 View Post
    With him turning 37 in August he'll surely call it quits this summer.
    Not at all! Signed for Wycombe Wanderers, new manager Matt Bloomfield's first addition to the squad. Keogh kicks off summer signings! - Wycombe Wanderers (wwfc.com)

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Having been told that he would probably get less minutes on the pitch during the rest of the season, Keogh has left Wycombe Wanderers. (Derby Country News, 17 Jan).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,306 Posts
    Signed for Forest Green Rovers
    https://www.fgr.co.uk/news/keogh-signs-for-rovers

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627