Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 478

Thread: Richard Keogh

  1. #41
    Coach BonnieShels's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Elm Valley, Blackpool
    Posts
    11,839
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,232
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,564
    Thanked in
    1,766 Posts
    Just like Lord of the Flies.
    Poor Delorean.
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

  2. #42
    Reserves
    Joined
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    790
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    75
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post
    It's the dumbest line of argument we've had since the Doc, but at least it was obvious the Doc was parodying himself, intentionally or not.
    Easy tiger, why bring me into the argument?

    Then again Parody is my middle name!!!!

    Reading through some of the posts i think we're all becoming a bit stir crazy,

    Roll on the Euro draw and up and coming matches, we all could do with that.

    COYBIG

  3. Thanks From:


  4. #43
    Capped Player
    Joined
    May 2004
    Posts
    17,031
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    5,700
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,735
    Thanked in
    2,126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the doc View Post
    Reading through some of the posts i think we're all becoming a bit stir crazy,

    Roll on the Euro draw and up and coming matches, we all could do with that.

    COYBIG
    Hear Hear

  5. #44
    Capped Player DeLorean's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Hill Valley
    Posts
    10,155
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3,801
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,913
    Thanked in
    1,864 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Poor grammar. I nominate DeLorean as the next foot.ie fall guy. TOWK is off the hook
    Feck, I hate that. I would have thought with the foundations belonging to foot.ie, an apostrophe would have been necessary. Obviously not and good to know.
    Last edited by DeLorean; 10/02/2014 at 12:22 PM.

  6. #45
    Capped Player
    Joined
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    14,465
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,580
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,520
    Thanked in
    1,718 Posts
    It takes a brave man to pick on grammar, but no doubt (by now) Charlie's mouth is big enough to accommodate his foot.

  7. Thanks From:


  8. #46
    Capped Player
    Joined
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Maígh Eó
    Posts
    14,840
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,871
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    840
    Thanked in
    669 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    Hear Hear
    Where there?
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

  9. #47
    Capped Player DeLorean's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Hill Valley
    Posts
    10,155
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3,801
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,913
    Thanked in
    1,864 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOneWhoKnocks View Post
    Jeff Hendrick and Conor Sammon don't seem to have a propensity to be asked questions about Ireland with the same frequency as Keogh.
    Hendrick dropped out of the Sweden/Austria squad through injury and was still injured by the time King picked his squad. As soon as he was available again, lo and behold, he came out with with this.

    Sammon was in every squad other than King's in the last year. By the time he was excluded from the Ireland squad he had lost his place at Derby, hardly a basis for reminding the world of his availability.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheOneWhoKnocks View Post
    He is club captain (I believe)
    One would think such a frequent visitor to Pride Park would be in no doubt.

  10. #48
    Banned Crosby87's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2008
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    3,533
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    302
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    539
    Thanked in
    373 Posts
    Pride marches?

  11. #49
    Capped Player DeLorean's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Hill Valley
    Posts
    10,155
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3,801
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,913
    Thanked in
    1,864 Posts
    Haha maybe that's why the were so eager to rename it the iPro for a pretty modest sum.

  12. #50
    Capped Player
    Joined
    May 2004
    Posts
    17,031
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    5,700
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,735
    Thanked in
    2,126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean View Post
    Hendrick As soon as he was available again, lo and behold, he came out with with this. [URL="http://www.herald.ie/sport/soccer/jeff-im-out-to-impress-oneill-29822329.html"]
    What a whinger

  13. #51
    International Prospect tricky_colour's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Nottingham.
    Posts
    8,830
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,612
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    885
    Thanked in
    613 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean View Post
    Feck, I hate that. I would have thought with the foundations belonging to foot.ie, an apostrophe would have been necessary. Obviously not and good to know.
    I agree with you it's seems perfectly logical, problem is seems language developed before logic.

    Sometime I find when writing a complicated statement that it would be much easier to do in a computer language
    which has clearly defined consistent rules.


    For example

    "John gave the ball to peter and then he went home"

    Who went home? And why? And how do you change it such the other person went home?

  14. #52
    Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    17,892
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3,705
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    5,052
    Thanked in
    3,190 Posts
    John went home because he's the subject of the sentence. To change it you say Peter went home.

  15. #53
    Capped Player
    Joined
    May 2004
    Posts
    17,031
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    5,700
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,735
    Thanked in
    2,126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tricky_colour View Post
    Sometimes I find when writing a complicated statement ....

    For example

    "John gave the ball to peter and then he went home"
    Sorry, do you think that's complicated?

  16. #54
    Capped Player DeLorean's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Hill Valley
    Posts
    10,155
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3,801
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,913
    Thanked in
    1,864 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    Sorry, do you think that's complicated?
    I would say it's Tricky

  17. Thanks From:


  18. #55
    International Prospect tricky_colour's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Nottingham.
    Posts
    8,830
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,612
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    885
    Thanked in
    613 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    John went home because he's the subject of the sentence. To change it you say Peter went home.
    So if it was

    John kicked Peter in the head and he fell to the ground.

    Who falls to the ground?

  19. #56
    Apprentice
    Joined
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    72
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    70
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    12
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    What sort of ball is it?

  20. #57
    International Prospect tricky_colour's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Nottingham.
    Posts
    8,830
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,612
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    885
    Thanked in
    613 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    Sorry, do you think that's complicated?
    Yes it is not very clear to me or at least there are cases where things are not clear.
    Might not have been the best example.

  21. #58
    International Prospect tricky_colour's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Nottingham.
    Posts
    8,830
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,612
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    885
    Thanked in
    613 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by texidub View Post
    What sort of ball is it?
    On the balance of probabilities it is was probably a tennis ball as he gave rather than kicked it.

  22. #59
    Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    17,892
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3,705
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    5,052
    Thanked in
    3,190 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tricky_colour View Post
    So if it was

    John kicked Peter in the head and he fell to the ground.

    Who falls to the ground?
    Peter must have a pretty solid head because John fell over. Language is obviously flexible so you could take it either way and in the context you'd probably assume Peter fell.

  23. #60
    International Prospect tricky_colour's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Nottingham.
    Posts
    8,830
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,612
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    885
    Thanked in
    613 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Peter must have a pretty solid head because John fell over. Language is obviously flexible so you could take it either way and in the context you'd probably assume Peter fell.

    Well this is what I mean, things are not as clear as they could be, I mean kicking so high might have unbalanced John
    causing John to fall to the ground.

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Pip Keogh...
    By Xlex in forum Longford Town
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05/05/2017, 8:50 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •