Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Richard Keogh D Forest Green Rovers b.1986

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Yeah, the four of Dunne, O'Shea, Clark and Wilson are nailed on if we were picking our best squad right now. I would prefer Wilson at full back even though he hasn't been great for us recently. With regards Delaney, it just depends on the way O'Neill is thinking. He will be 35 by the time the Euros come along. On current form nobody could begrudge him though. Maybe we could do without Dunne and/or O'Shea this time around to pave the way for Keogh/Delaney/Pearce. I must admit I have seen little or nothing of Pearce recently.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    I think O'Shea and Dunne will be at the forefront of O'Neill's thinking. I have a feeling that Delaney may be sacrificed to ensure that the age profile of our defenders swings more to the balance of youth (relative). Looks like it would be between Pearce and Keogh in that regard and a couple of press pieces have indicated that Keogh is in O'Neill's thoughts. I do have to say that I would have Delaney and someone else at the back on current form.

It's going to be very interesting to see who the new/ish faces (if any) are in the squad.

Eunan O'Kane, Harry Arter, Daryl Murphy, Keith Treacy, Shay Given, Sean Murray, Chris McCann and Shane Duffy all within a realistic shout.

Maybe even Willo Flood judging by current press reports, Shaun Williams for his versatility or young Jack Grealish if they want to be really daring.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    672 Posts
    I'd be very surprised by any of those names, excepting maybe Murray, McCann and Duffy. Guess it depends how experimental or even off-the-wall they want to be for this friendly.
    Ou-est le Centre George Pompidou?

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SwanVsDalton View Post
    I'd be very surprised by any of those names, excepting maybe Murray, McCann and Duffy. Guess it depends how experimental or even off-the-wall they want to be for this friendly.
    O'Kane was on standby for the previous squad so you'd think he'll be in the mix too given recent performances (although I think he may have been injured at the weekend).

5. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Yes, I have seen Clark playing this season and it's been a bit of a mixed bag to be honest. Similarly to Keogh, pre-McClaren, he really isn't helped by those around him. He is a far better defender than Baker in my opinion. If I was to drop anybody on current form, from the games I have seen, it would be Wilson. I posted this in the previous page by the way:

Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean View Post
    He may be playing at a lower level than, say, Ciaran Clark right now but I suspect he would be less prone to costly errors. I like Clark and think he has huge talent, but he is still pretty raw in his approach.
    What is with the tone of your post anyway? You're upset because I think Clark should be in the squad or because I admitted to seeing little of Pearce... hang on while I download some Reading games
    Last edited by DeLorean; 20/02/2014 at 9:12 AM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    Why does everyone have a boner for Pearse? He's yet another who seems decent, but no more at this stage. I haven't seen much of him tbh but I saw him live against Oman. He had a bit of Gary Doherty about him I thought.

I think Dunne and O'Shea are our best two CBs, with SSL a very reliable third choice. Delaney strikes me as a good backs to the wall defender but lacks finesse, and I'd say Keogh is in that mould too. It's hard to tell whether either is better than McShane. O'Dea has got too much flak.
    Fair assessment, but I'd add that SSL will be pushing both Josh and Dunney for a start, which is good for us as we need them all throughout the campaign ahead.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Why did you delete your post doc?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts
    No comment from Keogh himself though. I can't believe it means so little to him.

11. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    No comment from Keogh himself though. I can't believe it means so little to him.
    It has only been a few hours since the squad announcement, Stutts. Give him a chance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Whoosh!
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    The intrepid sports reporter from the Derby Telegraph has finally been able to collar the elusive Richard Keogh, since his inclusion in the 28 man squad for the game against Serbia.

"It is a really proud moment for me,” said Keogh. “It’s nice to be back involved and is something I have been working hard towards.”
    “This is a new era for the senior team, an exciting time and, hopefully, I can be a big part of it but I’ve just got to make sure I keep playing well for Derby, that is the main thing"

McClaren adds (not unwilling to share in the glory),

“Richard has been playing well,He has become a strong leader in the group, on the field and off it."
    “He has surprised me not just as a defender but the way he can come out and play with the ball.
    We want to play football and it really helps when you have centre-backs who can come out and play. Richard and Jake Buxton are doing it very well.
    Martin O’Neill and Roy Keane have been to see our games. I think they were at the QPR game when Richard was immense.
    Richard is developing that concentration and focus which is the key to defending at the top.
    I think it will be great for him to get an opportunity to work with that management team and play at international level, that just improves you even more as a player.”

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    We are well stocked with centre backs playing regularly at a high level so he might have to wait for his chance. Very impatient this guy!

Reminds me of Richard Stearman thinking he would just walk into the team once he got his passport.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    Yes indeed, Richard saying he "hopes to be a part of it" undoubtably demonstrates his arrogance that he thinks he can just walk into the team.

17. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post
    Yes indeed, Richard saying he "hopes to be a part of it" undoubtably demonstrates his arrogance that he thinks he can just walk into the team.
    "hopes to be a big part of it"

I actually seen this but didn't post the link because (a) it is par for the course and (b) because I was trying to avoid this exact thing right here.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    Yes indeed, that's a good spot TOWK. Incredible arrogance from Keogh to think he could possibly play a big part, never mind the bit part he should rightfully aspire towards, namely helping Roy to lay the cones out before practice.

20. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    You should be happy to progress through the divisions in English football to play any part for your country without constantly harping on about being given a chance. As soon as he got a call up, he was talking about hoping to start! Put your head down and compete like Damien, Alex, McShane and O'Dea.

I was genuinely amused - and a little irritated - by the clockwork like precision of Keogh's comments about his latest call up and the rest of the defensive options' combined silence.

geysir, I may be a bit neurotic over all of this. Accept my foibles as I accept yours.
    Last edited by TheOneWhoKnocks; 22/02/2014 at 6:28 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    A fairly to-the-point article on Derby's settled defence and it's importance in their push for promotion.

Settled back four has been key to Ram's success

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Dunne, O'Shea, Delaney, Wilson, McShane (when he was fit) all playing well at a higher level. Clark is technically better. Duffy (standout in a resourceful Yeovil team), Kiernan and Hoban have big years ahead of them. Pearce has PL experience and is younger. O'Dea has been good whenever he has played.

Don't see the need for him really. He didn't inspire much confidence in the two starts he got. He looked really shaky against Serbia.

Edit: I forgot St Ledger. He has been solid for Ireland.

My point is that Keogh is a good player but he is not any better than the options we have and their are myriad of them. If he performs in the PL when and if Derby get promoted then I will change my tune but until then I don't think it's prudent to build a defence with him in it when he is inexperienced at this level, didn't make the impact i.e. St Ledger has in his past auditions and we already have at least 6 other options that are far more inexperienced just 5 months removed from our qualifying campaign.
    Last edited by TheOneWhoKnocks; 15/04/2014 at 4:13 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Why do you feel the need to reiterate your stance on Keogh every time he's mentioned? I posted an article which was relevant to the guy... not everything has to come back to whether he's fit to do a job for us from time to time or not.

Your previous stance (a liability even at Championship level) has been proven to be miles wide of the mark so I'm not sure you have much credibility when it comes to all-things-Keogh anyway!
    Last edited by DeLorean; 15/04/2014 at 4:49 PM.

25. Thanks From:

Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast