Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: The Troubles re-surfaced today

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The Troubles re-surfaced today

shankill loyalist Ken B*rret admits that he killed Pat Finucane in front of his wife and children as they ate their dinner.
    Pat was never in the IRA, simply defended people who were suspected of being in the IRA- as part of his job. The only thing he was ever concluded of being was a Husband, a father of three and a Catholic.

Sir John Stevens, the Metropolitan Police Commissioner, found there was collusion between loyalist paramilitaries and the security forces in the murder of Mr Finucane and that of student Adam Lambert.

In his report, Sir John said: "I have uncovered enough evidence to lead me to believe that the murders of Pat Finucane and Brian Adam Lambert could have been prevented.

"I also believe that the RUC investigation of Pat Finucane's murder should have resulted in the early arrest and detection of his killers.

"I conclude there was collusion in both murders and the circumstances surrounding them. Collusion is evidenced in many ways."

The horror and cold-blooded killings of 1989 re-surfaced as Pat Finucane's family told how they "wern't interested in who pulled the trigger-but who pulled the strings".

With peace talks re-sumiong this week this incidant makes it harder for the people of Northern Ireland to leave the Troubles behind.

RIP Pat Finucane.
    Long live the Pope! Free Burma (NLD/SNLD), Free Tibet (Burma Campaign/Free Tibet Campaign Alliance), Free the Rossport 5! (ACCOMPLISHED 30/09/05)

BOYCOTT TOTAL OIL-Please Read!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liam88
    shankill loyalist Ken B*rret admits that he killed Pat Finucane in front of his wife and children as they ate their dinner.
    Pat was never in the IRA, simply defended people who were suspected of being in the IRA- as part of his job. The only thing he was ever concluded of being was a Husband, a father of three and a Catholic.

Sir John Stevens, the Metropolitan Police Commissioner, found there was collusion between loyalist paramilitaries and the security forces in the murder of Mr Finucane and that of student Adam Lambert.

In his report, Sir John said: "I have uncovered enough evidence to lead me to believe that the murders of Pat Finucane and Brian Adam Lambert could have been prevented.

"I also believe that the RUC investigation of Pat Finucane's murder should have resulted in the early arrest and detection of his killers.

"I conclude there was collusion in both murders and the circumstances surrounding them. Collusion is evidenced in many ways."

The horror and cold-blooded killings of 1989 re-surfaced as Pat Finucane's family told how they "wern't interested in who pulled the trigger-but who pulled the strings".

With peace talks re-sumiong this week this incidant makes it harder for the people of Northern Ireland to leave the Troubles behind.

RIP Pat Finucane.

Theres no surprise to this, particularly from Republicans.Collusion between Britain and Loyalists was always common knowledge.
    Go lí cúnna ifrinn do thóin bheagmhaitheasach

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dortie
    Theres no surprise to this, particularly from Republicans.Collusion between Britain and Loyalists was always common knowledge.
    Aye sad but true I guess
    At least now it has been admitted and is out in the open will be f some condoulence to the families....
    Long live the Pope! Free Burma (NLD/SNLD), Free Tibet (Burma Campaign/Free Tibet Campaign Alliance), Free the Rossport 5! (ACCOMPLISHED 30/09/05)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Strange how double agent Brian Nelson's slow death through cancer speeded up so that he died just a couple of day's before Steven's started his investigation.
    Its crazy to see people be what society wants them to be but not me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Aye sad but true I guess
    At least now it has been admitted and is out in the open will be f some condoulence to the families....

Another example is the Eddie Fulerton (Sinn Fein/Buncrana) case. The UFF managed to cross the border to Donegal, kill him and escape back to the North, and this was when we had fortified border checkpoints ...ack aye they went by dingy across the foyle

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sylvo
    Strange how double agent Brian Nelson's slow death through cancer speeded up so that he died just a couple of day's before Steven's started his investigation.
    Aye good point sylvo.
    Dortie re. the border, what's it like now? Still got troops on?

Under GFA that murderer b*rret isn't going to get long at all. Not right and that goes for anyone who murders.
    That's not a stab at the GFA, just saying it's really not going to help the families of the victims one bit. The peace process hsould be about people not political releases. Having said that many may argue that the peace process stopped being about the people the day of Omagh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Aye good point sylvo.

(
    No troops on the border, however their bases, their watch-towers and their helicopters are as evident as 10 years ago.

As for prisoners there over 100 republican prisoners in Jail at this present time.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dortie
    No troops on the border, however their bases, their watch-towers
    Are these all unmanned?
    Take it there are bording-crossing points with troops? Or are these open acess?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    Are these all unmanned?
    Take it there are bording-crossing points with troops? Or are these open acess?
    There's nothing on the borders any more.
    But they still have bases and watch towers around the place.
    Have you ever won the treble?

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Aye good point sylvo.

Under GFA that murderer b*rret isn't going to get long at all. Not right and that goes for anyone who murders.
    That's not a stab at the GFA, just saying it's really not going to help the families of the victims one bit. The peace process hsould be about people not political releases. Having said that many may argue that the peace process stopped being about the people the day of Omagh
    It's certainly unpleasant but I still wouldn't argue that Barret should be inside for life for what was essentially a political killing. This was a war even if it was a picnic compared with Yugoslavia or what is going on now in Iraq.

Did you see Patrick Magee last night? Now he should get life...failing to kill that b*tch in Brighton. OK. Poor taste joke, and I apologise for it, but that seems to be crack with NI. Innocent people killed on all sides, including it has to be said the five killed at Brighton. Looking at the programme I'd forgotten what a dark period it all was - the 'troubles' for me started when I was 3. Magee put up a good argument and is now working with the daughter of one of his victims in a charity reconcilling victims of 'terror' with their killers. Shame that these only include victims killed by the likes of Magee and Barret. Danny Morrisson also shut-up Peter Taylor's rant about democracy, telling him to take his lecture elsewhere. Dan told him: From the 'bribed' dissolution of the Irish Parliament in 1801, through 3 home rule attempts, and the attempts to gag SF, the words British and democracy are incompatible when they are spoken about Ireland. How true!
    This is the cooooooooooooolest footy forum I've ever seen!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lopez
    the 'troubles' for me started when I was 3.
    Memories of the Troubles then; I was born 88 so by the time I was old enough to remember it was coming up to GFA.
    I remember leaving a tube with ma parents because of a bomb scare and I remember the british Grand NAtional being stopped ebcause of another scare.....I had a quid on that one
    Not to sure I actually remember any attacks except Omagh and Vauxhall station.
    Ma brother remembers a big IRA funeral on tv-I think it was the one where they played Black Velvet Band while they were carrying the coffin-any ideas who it was?

All a bit strange for me-having learned about them I became angry at what went on against the Irish only to find that massive majority of people in the Republic have been through that and have now moved on and want to put it in the past.
    Obviously things were a lot different by the time I 'came on the scene', if I was born 20 years earlier I could have worn a Nord Iron shirt when they played, marched after Bloody Sunday and been with the 'Brits Out' movement.
    Not saying i'm not greatful to have been born after the rough times were over-just had a very different experience of the Troubles having been born a generation after most of you if ya get what i mean?