Quote Originally Posted by passinginterest View Post
The plan looks pretty promising. It will be hard to implement but good to see the effort to align the structures and have a joined up system. I'm glad I filled in the survey because it feels like they have listened to the feedback. It's all well and good having nice plans of paper though. Actually getting the leagues and particularly the schoolboy leagues on board will take some doing. I'm hoping by all the talks of the FAI club standards and league standards that will be a way of ensuring that funding only goes towards clubs that align to the plan and if you want to stay outside then you can't get funded/registered/involved in official leagues etc.
As you saying trying to get everyone to agree to anything is the difficulty. There is very little joined up thinking within football in the country right now so attempts to address that need to be applauded, but its going to be an uphill battle.

Just as an example of different organizations within Irish football pulling in different directions is in Galway. In the run up to the season opener for Galway Utd against Pats last week the Galway FA held 7 games in 10 days on the pitch in Terryland in brutal weather. By the time the Pats game came around the pitch was a mess and the weather on the night made it even worse. That sort of crap should not happen