Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Some advice please!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Some advice please!

Hi lads, my first trip to richmond park on Saturday and I am looking for some advice. Where is the away section in richmond and where is the entrance to it? Also where can I buy the tickets for the game, is the ones specificly for away fans? Where would be the safest place to park, preferably close to the away section and the other city fans?
    Thanks lads , any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfhound
    Where is the away section in richmond and where is the entrance to it?
    Going on the last Rovers game, on the shed end (Right hand side as you stand in it of the main stand) the entrance will be to the right of McDowell's bar, not the main entrance.

Also where can I buy the tickets for the game, is the ones specificly for away fans?
    There was a ticket booth outside the away entrance last time

Where would be the safest place to park, preferably close to the away section and the other city fans?
    the ground is directly behind a row of houses and McDowells bar, there's no 'away' parking, it'll just be one street parking around the ground.

It seems to me you're a bit nervous. To be honest I don't forsee any trouble, and of the away games I've been to I've never had a bad experience with rovers, there'll be a lot of noise and colour and that's about it.

Park the car a bit away, walk up and come into McDowells for a pint beforehand, then follow the city fans, you'll be grand, and will want to repeat the performance right away after again.
    Cork City: Making 'Dream Team' seem realistic since 2007.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Hope there's a big crowd travellin up. Dont expect any trouble either

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    246 Posts
    Hi lads, my first trip to richmond park on Saturday and I am looking for some advice. Where is the away section in richmond and where is the entrance to it? Also where can I buy the tickets for the game, is the ones specificly for away fans? Where would be the safest place to park, preferably close to the away section and the other city fans?

there are normally plenty of stewards/gardai outside the ground who make sure the various supporters go to the relevant end/section of the ground.

directly facing the ground (you turn at the church)there is a road called bulfin rd that leads into a residential area where there is loads of parking.
    enjoy the game

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I don't know whether it was for safety reasons - to allow away fans to have an entrance of their own (down the side of the ticket booth) - or if it was because Rovers fans wouldn't darken the Pat's part of the ground but Rovers fans have stuck to congregating in the traditional 'away' section (left side of stand as you're going in from the back) so visiting fans are at the right... the opposite end to where they would be if Pat's were at home!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the 12 th man
    there are normally plenty of stewards/gardai outside the ground who make sure the various supporters go to the relevant end/section of the ground.

directly facing the ground (you turn at the church)there is a road called bulfin rd that leads into a residential area where there is loads of parking.
    enjoy the game

last time we parke dthere the guards told us never to do it again..they said park out on the main road that way they can see the car and stuff..they said theres flats in behind the church and its too dodgy to park there

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    246 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Citygirl
    last time we parke dthere the guards told us never to do it again..they said park out on the main road that way they can see the car and stuff..they said theres flats in behind the church and its too dodgy to park there

the first hundred yards of the road has garda cones saying no parking but after that you can park.
    its a residential area the same as anywhere.i've never seen anybody messing about with the cars.
    there is simply not enough room out on the main road (as i'm sure you know).
    Last edited by the 12 th man; 10/09/2004 at 10:20 AM.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Relax! Despite what certain people write on message boards, there is never any trouble at Richmond. We have had no 'incidents' all season and only one - Bohs last September - last season. The way some people talk about it you'd swear that you're risking your life going to a Rovers game in Richmond!
    Park the car in the housing estate near the church (it gets pretty full there so try and get there early), go and get your ticket from the hatch early (queues can build up pretty quickley), get into McDowells for a pint (the Horse and Jockey is the Rovers pub, they've even painted it green and white! McDowells is for away fans and Pats fans) and enjoy the game.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    If you're sitting in the stand looking out onto the pitch, you will be on the far right hand side, we will be on the far left hand side.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Lightbulb

Where would be the safest place to park, preferably close to the away section and the other city fans?
    Should be plenty of parking on a saturday afternoon/evening on the City/Kilmainham side of Richmond Road. Not sure if its pay parking or not at that time.
    Can also park down by the community college & houses around that area towards south circular road but if willing to walk 5 mins Richmond Road options best bet.

I wouldn't recommend parking down by the flats.

Theres rarely any trouble at Richmond. Standard aprking rules for dublin, not leave items in sight to tempt thieves...