Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Donovan

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Donovan

Garreth O'Donovan has been released by henderson because he booked a weekend away this weekend while they have a free weekend, henderson didn't like this idea (why not when they have no game???) and told him he won't be involved anymore, a bit harsh from henderson especially when they have no game this week and the fact that they play all through the summer and get no holidays !!!!!!! i'm not sure about hendersons man management especially after the way he treated cuthbert aswell ? wot ye think ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    If that's totally accurate then it's a disgrace. I know Henderson and wouldn't have thought he'd be that bad. That's just being a d1ck trying to show who's the boss.

If he keeps that up then he won't last long. Looks like he's got a lot to learn about management AND how to treat people.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    here buddy i heard gareth and wolfe left the club because they didn't wanna stay?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda01
    Garreth O'Donovan has been released by henderson because he booked a weekend away this weekend while they have a free weekend, henderson didn't like this idea (why not when they have no game???) and told him he won't be involved anymore, a bit harsh from henderson especially when they have no game this week and the fact that they play all through the summer and get no holidays !!!!!!! i'm not sure about hendersons man management especially after the way he treated cuthbert aswell ? wot ye think ?

If thats the case then O'Donavan should bring them to the cleaners ! a fcuking joke if that is true.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    From What I gather Gareth was told in the middle of the season that he could leave the club.

Wasn't he also one of the players that went on holiday the week of the Cup game so he did have holidays.

I agree that Cuthburt should have been treated better but Gareth is always a loose cannon I think if he is not going to play him move him on.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    ya he was on holidays for the athlone cup match.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Discipline at the Pit? Never.

Lads, lets be honest, Gareth was never ever really up to eL standard. He will do very well in the MSL though.

Fair play to Henderson for stamping his authority early on.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.

thecorner
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary

Fair play to Henderson for stamping his authority early on.
    would he have used the same approach if it was yelverton

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cobhrambler 16
    here buddy i heard gareth and wolfe left the club because they didn't wanna stay?

"here buddy" wolfy didn't leave the club or wasn't asked to leave, or told he won't be involved for the next 10 weeks, even though he's gone away for the weekend with donovan, it's a case of one rule for some and one for others. i hope he takes them to the cleaners,

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The decisions of the new man are a little bit obscure. Don't know who he will use as cover in the defence.

If he was going to adopt this type of management he should have one rule for all and let everybody at the team meeting know his policy.

hally11

Talking

fair play to hendo for gettin him out.garth has been a waste of time at the club for da last two seasons.wenever he played or came on he either looked dodgy or got himself into trouble.good decision,not EL standard,MSL he will fit in.its up to hendo now to try and get a decent centre back partner for murphy!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    did ye ever think that he was relased so a better player could be brought in on his wages . gareth was never up to much anyway he had one good season under hilly and that was it . and he was on holidays already, if you read the interview with henderson he said if players went on hoildays during the season the wernt welcome anymore and he also said some of them cost hilly his job when the went on hoilidays.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I don't even know the guy but if you lose your "job" because you took a holiday then there's something wrong.

It's not as if this is the Premiership and they are full time pro's. With the way the league runs now all the way through the summer, when exactly are they meant to have a holiday?? January or something when it's freezing??

Fair enough try to take your holidays around a time when there's no game but if not..... then it's not the end of the world.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    O'donovan Already Had Two Week Holiday In August And Missed Games Including The Cup Game In Athlone Where Cobh Were Lucky To Field A Team.
    I Can Understand Henderson,s Stance On This But Am Still Wondering Why He Dumped Cuthburt And Brought Judas (hennessy) Back To The Club After What He Had Done.