Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Signings and Re-signings

FORMERLY: City till I Die Aaron's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    What is Limerick's squad as it currently stands?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    Very worrying to be honest only 16 players signed alot are nowhere near good enough for prem football season starting in 3 weeks we have one striker ( that's good enough) no wingers or backline is extremely worrying.
    I don't know what the club is playing at come 3 weeks time cork will wipe the floor of us as it stands now we will not be staying up about prob 6 or 7 players out of the 16 are good enough the rest are below average.
    Gaffney
    bradley
    gamble
    o leary
    folan
    tracey
    Kelly
    That's it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    What is Limerick's squad as it currently stands?

Barry Ryan
    Shaun Kelly
    Pat Purcell
    Stephen Folan
    Brian O’Callaghan
    Shane Tracy
    Joe Gamble
    Stephen Bradley
    David O’Leary
    Jeffrey Judge
    James McGrath
    Steven McGann
    Barry Sheedy
    Garbhan Coughlan
    Dominic Foley
    Rory Gaffney

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Craig Burns thing to be sorted today according to his twitter.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    pat purcell still has a lot to offer and barry ryan is an experienced keeper who isnt that bad.i agree that the rest of the squad is very weak and it does need strengthening soon.its going to be a long hard season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Craig Curran and Robbie Williams signed today. Currans is a loan deal from Rochdale.
    Last edited by Shannonsider; 15/02/2013 at 2:45 PM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    Good good some movement at last hopefully more to come. Anyone know anything about them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Jesus, Curran's goalscoring record is brutal for a striker. Still good to see some new faces.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Robbie Williams is a good player. Good solid left back and he is good going forward seen him play a good few times. I know Currans name from his time at Carlisle but thats all i know im afraid.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewhitearmy View Post
    Robbie Williams is a good player. Good solid left back and he is good going forward seen him play a good few times. I know Currans name from his time at Carlisle but thats all i know im afraid.

I reckon he will be played centre half with folan he can play anywhere across the backline that is unless we sign another top centre half. I just think purcell will struggle this season time has caught up on him.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    League two players im not convinced they will be big additions at least they are bodies hope they work out.. still need more quality for me but at least things are happening now need a few more in the next few days..a bit worrying to see all signings from across the channel..

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Treaty Gooner View Post
    Jesus, Curran's goalscoring record is brutal for a striker. Still good to see some new faces.
    He most recent spell was a loan to Chester, 7 goals in 11 appearances is a good return.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Bird View Post
    League two players im not convinced they will be big additions at least they are bodies hope they work out.. still need more quality for me but at least things are happening now need a few more in the next few days..a bit worrying to see all signings from across the channel..
    In fairness what standard did you think we could attract? We are a team playing their first season of LOI premier in 19 years.

Most signings are coming from across the channel because there isn't much if any quality left around the league at the moment. I'd say you would struggle to find 5 out of contract decent players left in the LOI. Sligo, St.Pats, Shamrock Rovers, Derry and Drogheda snapped up all their best players from last season within a few weeks of the end of last season.

13. Thanks From:

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    last season we attracted two former senior internationals and a league of ireland premier team of the year member.. playing in jackman park now we are in the premier league playing in thomand park and we are signing league 2 journeymen thats my point and i think it is a fair one..what was the club doing when all these quality players wer moving around getting snapped up?? touting names like phil browne etc i feel sorry for stuart taylor he is in a tough predicament because its fair to say the squad was bigger and stronger last season than now.. but hopefully he can pull a few more signings over the next few days and strenghten in depth!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    last season we attracted two former senior internationals and a league of ireland premier team of the year member.. playing in jackman park now we are in the premier league playing in thomand park and we are signing league 2 journeymen thats my point and i think it is a fair one..what was the club doing when all these quality players wer moving around getting snapped up?? touting names like phil browne etc i feel sorry for stuart taylor he is in a tough predicament because its fair to say the squad was bigger and stronger last season than now.. but hopefully he can pull a few more signings over the next few days and strenghten in depth!!
    Ya former internationals, one who signed from Hartlepool who are in League 1 now. Stephen Folan signed from Newcastle who are in the Premier League in England. Obviously it was easier to attract Gamble and Foley as they are based locally. How do you know he won't sign another 3 or 4 players in the next few days. If we got Irish players that weren't great it would be a disaster and now we attract players from one of the strongest footballing countries in the world and people still complain?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    As I said all those players re-signed with their current clubs or were snapped up by the likes of shamrock rovers within a few weeks. We were never going to be able to compete with them at the moment. We still have those two internationals and a former premier team of the season player in our squad also which shows how strong a base taylor had to build on. we also managed to hold onto O'Leary and Gaffney.

Curran can hardly be called a journeyman, he is only 23.

Danny North -League Two and then conference before coming to Ireland and being a success.
    Gary Twigg - a few lower league English and Scottish clubs has been one of the best strikers in the league
    Rory Patterson - lower leagues in England and played Irish League, a dangerous striker
    Christy Fagan - lower league England and Hamilton in Scotland, one of the best strikers in the league.
    Last edited by Jofspring; 15/02/2013 at 5:26 PM.

17. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    Hope the signings work out. Haven't seen any of them play. I can only concur with Jofsprings comments.
    https://foot.ie/forums/117-Kerry-FC
    A Championship: 4 years - 8 first teams - 0 financially ruined. First Division '14: 7 first teams.
    Opportunity lost for new clubs/regions to join the LoI family.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    fagan/patterson/twigg/north all great examples of success stories but how many have failed?? whats the chances of finding one of the them from players getting loaned and released from league 2 or scottish 1 unless its a young lad coming back from a serious injury and they want him to play through the summer.. all im saying is we wer more organised last season and now we are premier its all over the place and losing to a div 1 team who had 10 men for an hour only compounds that worry.. also faherty signed for dundalk last night we would have blown them out of the water to get a player we wanted..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    We have gone from scraping together a team of not even the best junior players in the city to signing people form English clubs and fairly handy English clubs and people are still not happy, wow.

What do you expect Sea Bird? Where do you honestly expect us to get the players from? The fact we have 2 ex internationals means nothing one was coming home from a league one team and the other was as good as retiring and wanted a few more years of football while living in Charleville they were hardly current internationals or anything.

At least wait til you see the players to make a judgement.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    Taylor was on the radio this morning saying all transfer signings have been kept private and that there is a few more players to come in yet that they have agreed deals for players in the UK and are just waiting on them to fly over and sign the contract then the club will annonce it. Sounded promising.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Mike Ahern also said from the players he has heard mentioned they are bigger signings from a limerick fc perspective than what has come in already also.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast