Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Noe Baba

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts

Noe Baba

Current captain of the Ireland u17 side and member of the u19 team too has just signed for Fulham from Castlebar Celtic apparently.

As highly rated a player to come out of Ireland in years
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    399 Posts
    Any relation to Baba O'Riley?
    No Somos muchos pero estamos locos.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    Current captain of the Ireland u17 side and member of the u19 team too has just signed for Fulham from Castlebar Celtic apparently.

As highly rated a player to come out of Ireland in years
    Fulham sign Noa Baba

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    His younger brother is supposed to be even better.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_oshea View Post
    Yeah Baba!

6. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Sure he must be a Baba?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    282 Posts
    Its Noe Baba...I thought we already had a thread on him in which I posted some of his schoolwork as a boy saying he wants to play for Ireland, but it was just a post in another thread.
    http://foot.ie/threads/161142-Daniel...=1#post1565007
    My Guarantee
    Am looking for old Irish matches on VHS, PM me if you have some and I'll upload them here

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    I heard their dog has even won Crufts.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    107 Posts
    Serious question on this lad's eligibility. Unless I'm missing something he was born in Cameroon to Cameroon parents (haven't heard otherwise?). Even if his parents fulfilled the naturalisation requirements and became naturalised citizens, I'm not sure how/if children can become naturalised citizens? Anyway, let's assume that his parents were naturalised and they passed this onto Noe.

With this in mind, I don't see how he fulfills the FIFA eligibilty statutes as they are written.
    http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affe...tutes2012e.pdf
    7 Acquisition of a new nationality
    Any Player who refers to art. 5 par. 1 to assume a new nationality and who has not played international football in accordance with art. 5 par. 2 shall be
    eligible to play for the new representative team only if he fulfi ls one of the following conditions:

a) He was born on the territory of the relevant Association;
    b) His biological mother or biological father was born on the territory of the relevant Association;
    c) His grandmother or grandfather was born on the territory of the relevant Association;
    d) He has lived continuously for at least five years after reaching the age of 18 on the territory of the relevant Association.

According to d) you need 5 years residence after the age of 18.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Irwin3 View Post
    Serious question on this lad's eligibility. Unless I'm missing something he was born in Cameroon to Cameroon parents (haven't heard otherwise?). Even if his parents fulfilled the naturalisation requirements and became naturalised citizens, I'm not sure how/if children can become naturalised citizens? Anyway, let's assume that his parents were naturalised and they passed this onto Noe.

With this in mind, I don't see how he fulfills the FIFA eligibilty statutes as they are written.
    Any Player who refers to art. 5 par. 1 to assume a new nationality and who has not played international football in accordance with art. 5 par. 2 shall be
    eligible to play for the new representative team only if he fulfi ls one of the following conditions:

b) His biological mother or biological father was born on the territory of the relevant Association;
    c) His grandmother or grandfather was born on the territory of the relevant Association;
    d) He has lived continuously for at least five years after reaching the age of 18 on the territory of the relevant Association.

Are you sure these aren't just the prescribed rules in relation to players who are changing their international allegiance i.e. if Baba, theoretically, had played for Cameroon prior to moving to Ireland? These regulations would have been relied upon by, for instance, Shane Duffy.

The fact that Noe Baba satisfies relevant Irish citizenship laws would be sufficient. And, on the basis of the article above quoted from his primary school days, he has been in Ireland since he was 11, at the latest. Hence, he has been ordinarily resident here for a minimum of 5 years.
    Last edited by Olé Olé; 15/11/2012 at 6:30 PM.

Reserves
    Punta Arenas, Puerto Montt & everywhere in between
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

To the best of my knowledge if his parents get naturalised then he will be able to apply for naturalisation/citizenship when he reaches the age of 18 & show to have residency permission for the 365 days immediately prior to the date of application plus 1,460 days in the 8 years prior to that period.
    "U've figured how to work the Google on the internet machine"

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olé Olé View Post
    Are you sure these aren't just the prescribed rules in relation to players who are changing their international allegiance i.e. if Baba, theoretically, had played for Cameroon prior to moving to Ireland? These regulations would have been relied upon by, for instance, Shane Duffy.

The fact that Noe Baba satisfies relevant Irish citizenship laws would be sufficient. And, on the basis of the article above quoted from his primary school days, he has been in Ireland since he was 11, at the latest. Hence, he has been ordinarily resident here for a minimum of 5 years.

As far as I understand it these rules are for anyone who acquires a new nationality. As in anyone assuming a new nationality regardless if they have or have not previously played international football.

Shane Duffy has got nothing to do with this since he is an automatic Irish citizen since birth.
    Last edited by Irwin3; 15/11/2012 at 7:24 PM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WexCar View Post
    To the best of my knowledge if his parents get naturalised then he will be able to apply for naturalisation/citizenship when he reaches the age of 18 & show to have residency permission for the 365 days immediately prior to the date of application plus 1,460 days in the 8 years prior to that period.
    That's what I thought (the over 18 thing), although it says exceptions can be made.

Now that he's joined Fulham he won't fulfill any residency requirement going forward if he hasn't already been naturalised.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    451 Posts
    He would not have been able to play qualifiers for the under 17s and 19s if he was not FIFA eligible. Its the reason certain lads play under 15 or 16 for us like james wallace formerly everton and then turn out to be ineligible

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liamoo11 View Post
    He would not have been able to play qualifiers for the under 17s and 19s if he was not FIFA eligible. Its the reason certain lads play under 15 or 16 for us like james wallace formerly everton and then turn out to be ineligible
    So was James Milner eligible for us or not? He did play u15 with Ireland, I think. (could be wrong, could be all in my head)

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liamoo11 View Post
    If FIFA have given him the approval (not sure if it will have been scrutinised for a UEFA underage competition) then I'm guessing it's because he has a passport and he has met the 5 year residence requirement even though he is under 18. I'm guessing the over 18 thing in the statutes is to stop child trafficking.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,611 Posts
    If he moves to Liverpool... Noe Baba and the Forty Thieves

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    107 Posts
    This is an appeal to DannyInvincible to put on his eligibility hat and to tell me how Noe qualifies for us.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    573 Posts
    This is an appeal to DannyInvincible to put on his eligibility hat and to tell me how Noe qualifies for us.
    If his parents are naturalised citizens, which they presumably are, then it is likely they applied for Irish citizenship on their son's behalf.

In this case, that of a naturalised parent applying on behalf of a minor child, the Minister for Justice and Equality has the power to waive one or more of the conditions for naturalisation. It's safe to assume therefore that Noe is already an Irish citizen, and qualifies by virtue of his citizenship.
    Last edited by The Fly; 15/11/2012 at 11:09 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    To be honest, his eligibility to play for us is something of which I'm not entirely sure myself, similar to Wilfried Zaha's eligibility to play for England. We had this discussion before in the eligibility thread in relation to other players in a similar situation, such as Victor Moses and the like, and I think we concluded that that regulation only applies to players who acquire a new nationality after the age of 18. Why it should be interpreted that way, I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure I recall Charlie Darwin and geysir providing some sort of reasoning. Possibly, they were just basing their interpretation on FIFA's evident practice rather than on the literal wording of the text. Perhaps they can come to the rescue again?

What is odd about it is that if you look at the wording of regulation 5, Baba doesn't appear to satisfy this one either:

"Any person holding a permanent nationality that is not dependent on residence in a certain country is eligible to play for the representative teams of the Association of that country."

His Irish nationality was obviously dependent on residence, so I'm not sure which regulation exactly he satisfies in order to play for us because the regulations don't explicitly mention anything about the age of 18 other than in relation to a player having lived in a particular country for five years beyond that age.

Shane Duffy has been an Irish national since birth, by the way, so could not have been deemed to be acquiring a new nationality.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast