Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 218

Thread: Noe Baba

  1. #81
    Capped Player DannyInvincible's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Derry
    Posts
    11,511
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3,389
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,734
    Thanked in
    2,280 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyc View Post
    I was reminded of Baba last night when watching The Football League show on BBC. They did a bit on Zaha and the whole will he opt for England or Ivory Coast debate. The clip of that tool Mark Clement putting pressure on a seemingly humble and reserved character like Zaha to commit his future to England in front of a live audience was highly inappropriate and made for uncomfortable viewing.
    Isn't there a thread for this type of discussion?

  2. #82
    Youth Team
    Joined
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    121
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    37
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyInvincible View Post
    Isn't there a thread for this type of discussion?
    According to you, this one.

  3. #83
    First Team
    Joined
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,890
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    440
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    175
    Thanked in
    103 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyc View Post
    I was reminded of Baba last night when watching The Football League show on BBC. They did a bit on Zaha and the whole will he opt for England or Ivory Coast debate. The clip of that tool Mark Clement putting pressure on a seemingly humble and reserved character like Zaha to commit his future to England in front of a live audience was highly inappropriate and made for uncomfortable viewing.
    Exactly - we could do with a few interviewers like that.

  4. #84
    Capped Player DannyInvincible's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Derry
    Posts
    11,511
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3,389
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,734
    Thanked in
    2,280 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyc View Post
    According to you, this one.
    I see you've relaxed your definition then...

  5. #85
    Youth Team
    Joined
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    121
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    37
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyInvincible View Post
    I see you've relaxed your definition then...

    No, but feel free to private message me any further insight you might have. We should really only post Baba related stuff in here from now on. Good lad.

  6. #86
    Coach tetsujin1979's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Dublin, originally from Limerick
    Posts
    17,811
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    882
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,386
    Thanked in
    2,156 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddy Garcia View Post
    Exactly - we could do with a few interviewers like that.
    why? the last thing we need are questions that alienate players.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on twitter and facebook

  7. #87
    Reserves
    Joined
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Wexford
    Posts
    975
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    337
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    291
    Thanked in
    162 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    why? the last thing we need are questions that alienate players.
    Think it may have been a reference to TOD's Trap out line of questioning. Maybe.

  8. #88
    Capped Player
    Joined
    May 2004
    Posts
    16,909
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    5,585
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,680
    Thanked in
    2,095 Posts
    Not a bad club for Noe to be heading to for now but I worry abit about Fulham despite their good form this season. The EPL is likely to introduce Financial fair Play / financial break-even type rules soon. Fulham are one of the only clubs resisting, because they know that having to break-even financially would hit their performance hard and maybe even relegate them.

  9. #89
    First Team
    Joined
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,890
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    440
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    175
    Thanked in
    103 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    why? the last thing we need are questions that alienate players.
    Actually I was joking.

    Even so a bit of passion from the management would not go amiss s it would:

    a) show we care and
    b) remind me of Jack getting McAteer up against the wall by his throat and securing his commitment to play for us.

  10. #90
    Banned Crosby87's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2008
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    3,533
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    302
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    539
    Thanked in
    373 Posts
    His Wiki page is in danger of being deleted.

  11. #91
    Coach tetsujin1979's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Dublin, originally from Limerick
    Posts
    17,811
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    882
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,386
    Thanked in
    2,156 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Crosby87 View Post
    His Wiki page is in danger of being deleted.
    that's the real tragedy here
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on twitter and facebook

  12. Thanks From:


  13. #92
    International Prospect
    Joined
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,232
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,142
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    570
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Besides the debate on his relative eligibility, this thread is rubbish!

    Seriously.

  14. #93
    Capped Player DannyInvincible's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Derry
    Posts
    11,511
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3,389
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,734
    Thanked in
    2,280 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Crosby87 View Post
    His Wiki page is in danger of being deleted.
    He doesn't satisfy the site's notability criteria.

  15. #94
    First Team
    Joined
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,878
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    759
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    441
    Thanked in
    297 Posts
    he didnt get a game for fulham under 18s testerday against the pool. One of the other centre halves that played is irish o Reilly. O halloren came on as a sub for fulham under 17 player for us wide man but played up top yesterday.

    Dan cleary was sub for pool who is a right full or centre half but very tidy footballer and no sign of o hanlon. I know o hanlon has had a lot of expectation but when u look at the players he is up against to play wide for the pool under 18s you have Ibe who is maybe 6 months older played for wycombe first team as a 15 year old and cost pool at least 1million and ojo who is a year younger and cost 2 million from mk dons both of whom are physically miles ahead of o hanlon and are beasts of men for their age.

    English academies spend so much money on buying players the pool had at least 5 players yesterday in there under 18s that they bought in from other clubs prob costing 3 or 4 million in total. Even fulham had 2 or 3 european players in there under 18s and a striker they bought from mk dons who was youngest player to score in fa cup when he played for the dons first team last year! Life is not easy in premier league academies

  16. Thanks From:


  17. #95
    Reserves
    Joined
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    767
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    71
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    187
    Thanked in
    112 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liamoo11 View Post
    he didnt get a game for fulham under 18s testerday against the pool. One of the other centre halves that played is irish o Reilly. O halloren came on as a sub for fulham under 17 player for us wide man but played up top yesterday.

    Dan cleary was sub for pool who is a right full or centre half but very tidy footballer and no sign of o hanlon. I know o hanlon has had a lot of expectation but when u look at the players he is up against to play wide for the pool under 18s you have Ibe who is maybe 6 months older played for wycombe first team as a 15 year old and cost pool at least 1million and ojo who is a year younger and cost 2 million from mk dons both of whom are physically miles ahead of o hanlon and are beasts of men for their age.

    English academies spend so much money on buying players the pool had at least 5 players yesterday in there under 18s that they bought in from other clubs prob costing 3 or 4 million in total. Even fulham had 2 or 3 european players in there under 18s and a striker they bought from mk dons who was youngest player to score in fa cup when he played for the dons first team last year! Life is not easy in premier league academies
    Thanks for that liamoo11. I was looking for information on O'Hanlon and Cleary to see how they've been doing and came across the article below. As you say, the competition at top clubs is immense. Cleary seems to be doing well which is good to hear. I know there was a huge amount of talk of O'Hanlon and Jack Byrne of Man City which was apparently very justified from what I've heard of them talent wise, but it is a major burden for lads of that age to be spoken of so highly. In fairness, O'Hanlon would still be a u16 or u17 player, so maybe we shouldn't be too disappointed he isn't a regular for the Liverpool u18s.

    http://www.thisisanfield.com/2012/10...der-18s-squad/

  18. #96
    Seasoned Pro swinfordfc's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Swinford
    Posts
    2,930
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    15
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    52
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    He not moving over till January!

  19. #97
    Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    17,833
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3,685
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    5,029
    Thanked in
    3,172 Posts
    I was going to say that. It's a bit harsh to be criticising him for not breaking into the U18s when he's not even eligible for two more months.

  20. #98
    Seasoned Pro SwanVsDalton's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Derry - London - Belfast
    Posts
    3,254
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    764
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,247
    Thanked in
    667 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    I was going to say that. It's a bit harsh to be criticising him for not breaking into the U18s when he's not even eligible for two more months.
    Still - why hasn't Trap gone to see him not play?
    Ou-est le Centre George Pompidou?

  21. Thanks From:


  22. #99
    International Prospect tricky_colour's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Nottingham.
    Posts
    8,757
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,566
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    871
    Thanked in
    602 Posts
    He has produced some interesting artwork.
    http://www.noebaba.com/works.html

  23. #100
    First Team
    Joined
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,878
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    759
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    441
    Thanked in
    297 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    I was going to say that. It's a bit harsh to be criticising him for not breaking into the U18s when he's not even eligible for two more months.
    No critisism here good sir simply stating a fact that he did not play for fulham on saturday and a bit of a comment on those who did play. Best of luck when he does move

  24. Thanks From:


Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •