Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Keith Long

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Keith Long

Whats the story with himself? Has he been confirmed as Crolys assistant?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Did they not spend some time together at Pats previously? I've certainly seen him being named as his assistant pre the official announcement.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    He was very rumoured to but didn't want to go full time apparently

Now being linked with Pats assistant job.

Did he finish the season with Bray? I know he was down as Manager at the start of the season but not sure what happened when Gormley came back in
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Formerly: Rafa B
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Devo's earpiece so he will go when Devo goes.
    Lets talk about six baby

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Keith was missing for the last 4 games due to personal issues, hence Gormley coming back, although it's not the first time Keith has baled out , had issues with the boss before, Keith is not a yes man and likes to do things his own way, which is something that I like about the guy,another big loss to Bray IMO.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain2007 View Post
    Keith was missing for the last 4 games due to personal issues, hence Gormley coming back, although it's not the first time Keith has baled out , had issues with the boss before, Keith is not a yes man and likes to do things his own way, which is something that I like about the guy,another big loss to Bray IMO.
    I agree, Keith was good for the club and at some stage PD is going to have to move over and on. PD would not even be able to sit on the bench without somebody with the correct coaching badges beside him, hence the arrival of Eddie Gormley. That's why he is called director of football because under FAI rules he is not allowed to be manager. In fact officially PD is not team manager Keith was and I presume Eddie is now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Albatross View Post
    I agree, Keith was good for the club and at some stage PD is going to have to move over and on. PD would not even be able to sit on the bench without somebody with the correct coaching badges beside him, hence the arrival of Eddie Gormley. That's why he is called director of football because under FAI rules he is not allowed to be manager. In fact officially PD is not team manager Keith was and I presume Eddie is now.
    Thanks for that Albatross, I thought that was the reason for Eddie Gormley to be brought back above Garry Zambra, Graham Lawlor who were the first team coaches.It is not ideal to replace Keith with Gormley (no love lost there either), can understand the predictament with the badges, I presume Pat will be calling the shots, in fairness to Gormley I have always said he is a better coach than manager.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts
    Thanks for that Albatross, I thought that was the reason for Eddie Gormley to be brought back above Garry Zambra, Graham Lawlor who were the first team coaches.It is not ideal to replace Keith with Gormley (no love lost there either), can understand the predictament with the badges, I presume Pat will be calling the shots, in fairness to Gormley I have always said he is a better coach than manager.
    Exactly, EG will do what he is told and won't challenge PD, a bit like the way the administration is run. Not good for the club in the long term.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    To be clear about Long to Pats, it was only a rumour. One that was denied at the Pats POTY night on friday
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    as ive said on another thread here, eddie gormley went off and got his coaching badges so maybe he's be given another go

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lowflyingseagul View Post
    as ive said on another thread here, eddie gormley went off and got his coaching badges so maybe he's be given another go
    Does that mean that Devo has resigned as he implied in an interview a few weeks ago.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lowflyingseagul View Post
    and as I have said before he was dismissed for almost getting us relegated, and who paid the 7k for him to do his pro badge and paid him 52 weeks of the year in a 36 week league .....Bray Wanderers....how many more goes do you want to give him and ask him how many times he was back to the carlisle after he left ....answer SFA times.(except for when he did a bit for MNS)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    i personally wouldnt have him back but he seems that he's back

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts
    and as I have said before he was dismissed for almost getting us relegated, and who paid the 7k for him to do his pro badge and paid him 52 weeks of the year in a 36 week league .....Bray Wanderers....how many more goes do you want to give him and ask him how many times he was back to the carlisle after he left ....answer SFA times.(except for when he did a bit for MNS)
    Very interesting that this information is in the public domain but you are not wrong. Another ridiculous board decision considering most of it was paid after he left as manager.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    473 Posts
    There are people in a better position to comment than me, but I got the impression that Gormley was a good coach who fell out with the group of players we had at the time. Perhaps with the fact that there's pretty much an entirely new set of players to then (Is Massey the only regular left?!) he'll be able to do a job for us again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peadar1987 View Post
    There are people in a better position to comment than me, but I got the impression that Gormley was a good coach who fell out with the group of players we had at the time. Perhaps with the fact that there's pretty much an entirely new set of players to then (Is Massey the only regular left?!) he'll be able to do a job for us again.
    Fair point, there were players there earning more than the manager, journeymen professionals there for the money although they all would have been signed at the request of EG. So it remains to be seen if this crop of players will show more respect.