Quote Originally Posted by redarmyfaction View Post
That wasn't a spelling mistake it was an anagram, when people get forensic on spelling and grammar it is perhaps they cannot refute the essential argument, whether Tallaght looks like a GAA stadium is neither here nor there, though a grass mound at each end would set it off nicely, my main point is that it is I not an likable ground and with Shamrock playing unattractive and unsuccessful football in that brutalist arena tickets will be hard sold.
I don't think a single Rovers fan would claim the football this season has been anything other than caveman-like. O'Neill's team played some lovely ball, especially in Europe, despite the insistence of many Sligo fans to the contrary.

Shamrock could longer claim to be Ireland's most charismatic club after Sligo Rovers brought a larger and more joyous support into the your backyard for the 2010 fAI cup and that sowed the seeds of bitterness which came to ugly flower last Saturday night, it is unlikely that ye will ever become the darling of Dublin soccer because many Dubliners when they are confronted with a green and white hooped shirt can envisage the wearer climbing through the shattered remains of a plate glass window at the wrong end of O Connell Street clutching a pair of runners, I always do anyway.
Most Dubliners when confronted with a green and white shirt will say "ah, another Celtic fan like myself." The club doesn't have a great reputation but it would be no exaggeration to say the majority of football fans in Dublin and Ireland are blissfully unaware of said reputation by virtue of their total apathy towards domestic football. Yes, it was great that Sligo brought lots of fans to the Aviva in 2010 (no way there were more red shirts than green) but if both teams were locked in a real battle for the title there is no doubt which club would attract more bodies in the gate.