Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Final League Fixtures 26/10

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,695 Posts
    & if all else fails, boycott...
    I like high energy football. A little bit rock and roll. Many finishes instead of waiting for the perfect one.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts
    We could boycott the bohs foru.. hang on.
    Shamrock Rovers- Where trophies are won and envy is scarce

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    Now now Lads (and Lassies) lets not have another thread desend into "shams fans are scum / no we are not". Let fans tick the FOOT.IE shams excuse of choice (or incredulity)

(1) Could not be shams as no direct bus link between Tallaght and Sligo. Old but still comedy gold.

(2) never happened and any evidence/photos/eye witness accounts are all doctored to slur the good name of SRFC

(3) It was the pubs fault for (a) not having SAS trained doorstaff (b) steel window shutters (c) setting up business in Sligo

(4)SRFC have no idea who was involved and if they did they would take action* (*action may be pretend ban or up to a seat on the Board)

(5) sure its only a minority involved so lets all ignore it

(6) FAI will investigate the incident (as the bulge under the caprpet begins to touch the roof)

(7) sure Bohs fans attacked a pub in Derry years ago so there.

As regards the guard of honour, it is a matter for the club. It is a simple gesture designing to show respect for the new Champions and the League we are all part of. Absolutely no surprise therefore to see shams not partake.

Been a long time since I've bothered to login here..... Thanks for reminding why

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,695 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    We could boycott the bohs foru.. hang on.
    touche!

Quote Originally Posted by Calcio Jack View Post
    Been a long time since I've bothered to login here..... Thanks for reminding why
    stop taking life so seriously...
    I like high energy football. A little bit rock and roll. Many finishes instead of waiting for the perfect one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nailor View Post
    As someone who was in Mooney's before and after the game, I'm sorry to shatter some innocence, but there were two sets of scrotes throwing bottles at each other outside. I was outside having a smoke when the Larry bus crowd came down the road, they both started giving it the green street sh*te at each other and they both reacted in the same neaderthal fashion.
    Bottles came flying from both sides of the road, three windows got smashed, no bottles were thrown into the pub (btw sligoman).

Every club have their tw*t fans, but if you were to listen to some sligo fans on here you'd think they all go to mass before games and hold Padre Pio pictures in their hands at all times.
    Usual sh1te, the attack on Mooneys was a planned attack, why else did they get off 'Larrys bus' carrying an arsenal of missiles, if Sligo Rovers wanted to get all Green Street there was some Shamrock fans inside the pub from the attack happened until near KO whom we could have greenstreeted on in revenge if we were a similar breed of tramp, given that you know what bus the offenders were on before they came down the road, I would say it is likely that you were on 'Larry's bus' before you fired up that cigarette outside Mooney's or whatever it was you fired up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    As someone who was in Mooney's before and after the game, I'm sorry to shatter some innocence, but there were two sets of scrotes throwing bottles at each other outside. I was outside having a smoke when the Larry bus crowd came down the road, they both started giving it the green street sh*te at each other and they both reacted in the same neaderthal fashion.
    Bottles came flying from both sides of the road, three windows got smashed, no bottles were thrown into the pub (btw sligoman).

Every club have their tw*t fans, but if you were to listen to some sligo fans on here you'd think they all go to mass before games and hold Padre Pio pictures in their hands at all times.
    I dont usually post on here, but I was in Mooneys too, and you are wrong on several things,
    Only one set of fans threw bottles and glasses, also chairs and tables too, shamrock rovers fans.
    Only 1 window in the pub was broken, not 3.
    It was broken with a glass bottle that came through the window.
    I know this because I was daft enough to be looking out the window beside it when it was broken, a friend of mine was cut by the flying glass

Those shamrock rovers fans that attacked the people outside who were there to have a drink, and the pub itself which had people in it from age 8 to 80, only came to Sligo to cause trouble.
    There seems to be a culture surrounding shamrock rovers that accepts this type of thugery and a reluctance to stamp it out. I really dont understand that.
    There is never any trouble around that bar with any other set of fans, they are always welcomed.
    St Pats were there a couple of weeks before that, had their pints, sang their songs and as usual no problems.

7. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    Just before somebody else mentions it there was an incident with a Pats fan I think last season or the season before.
    The point is that it's the same story every time Shams come to town and it's never just one or two involved.
    Nothing ever changes because the majority are proud of that side of their support unfortunately and will never do anything to stamp it out. The fact that the perpetrators know the cops won't really sort it out in any meaningful way is an encouragement to the rest to keep it going.
    I actually enjoyed the pyro displays, apart from the chucking of stuff onto the pitch. I find it one of the best aspects of going to big LoI games these days but what goes on outside of that is a different matter and is sickening to be honest. Not implying the two are linked either, obviously.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Calcio Jack View Post
    As I am being so helpfull Jack - boycotts really only work if someone notices you are missing
    Last edited by marinobohs; 31/10/2012 at 11:57 AM.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redarmyfaction View Post
    Usual sh1te, the attack on Mooneys was a planned attack, why else did they get off 'Larrys bus' carrying an arsenal of missiles, if Sligo Rovers wanted to get all Green Street there was some Shamrock fans inside the pub from the attack happened until near KO whom we could have greenstreeted on in revenge if we were a similar breed of tramp, given that you know what bus the offenders were on before they came down the road, I would say it is likely that you were on 'Larry's bus' before you fired up that cigarette outside Mooney's or whatever it was you fired up.
    I'm a junkie now am I?

The Larry Bus is a nickname for a buch of little sh*tes who travel to an occasional game, I get the train when I go west and always stay over and always drink in Molloys before and after. As I have done for 25 years, most probably 10 years before you were born.

the Hoops fans who arrived into Mooneys 20 minutes before the glass started flying have nothing to do with the little cnuts, different coach. They were staring a bit of a singing duel which was good crack until these other little ferckers started.

If you think no shligo fan got involved, fair enough.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts
    I'm a junkie now am I?

The Larry Bus is a nickname for a buch of little sh*tes who travel to an occasional game, I get the train when I go west and always stay over and always drink in Molloys before and after. As I have done for 25 years, most probably 10 years before you were born.

the Hoops fans who arrived into Mooneys 20 minutes before the glass started flying have nothing to do with the little cnuts, different coach. They were staring a bit of a singing duel which was good crack until these other little ferckers started.

If you think no shligo fan got involved, fair enough.
    I am drinking in that Shop far longer than 25 years, only it wasn't Mooney's then but I digress you display the typical willful blindness or should I say sneaking regard that many at Shamrock Rovers have for their retarded element, you seek to characterise a planned and sustained attack with bottle, brick and stone on a pub and its unsuspecting customers as some sort of fifty fifty handbags. seeing as you seem to know the identity of those involved in the assault to the point where can confidently state their attendance levels at games perhaps you can break with this tradition by giving up those involved if not to the Police at least to your club. Though I suspect you won't, it is always a dialogue of the deaf between your lot and the fans of all other LOI fans when it is pointed out that you are the common denominator in these affairs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redarmyfaction
    you display the typical willful blindness that many at Shamrock Rovers have for their element, you seek to characterise a planned and sustained attack with bottle, brick and stone on a pub and its unsuspecting customers as some sort of handbags.
    Any other weapons you can throw in?? Bombs, Grenades, Machine guns??

There is trouble outside pubs in this country every weekend. It shouldn't happen, but it does. What are you supposed to do, lock yourself in and take cover?

seeing as you seem to know the identity of those involved in the assault to the point where can confidently state their attendance levels at games perhaps you can break with this tradition by giving up those involved if not to the Police at least to your club.
    I don't know anyone involved. I wasn't there, and I have never been in a Sligo pub. But those behind whatever trouble there was last week, will get the punishment the authorities deem fit. The rest of us will move on. So should you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mypost View Post
    But those behind whatever trouble there was last week, will get the punishment the authorities deem fit
    You're on top form in ths thread mypost. never change!
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Any other weapons you can throw in?? Bombs, Grenades, Machine guns??

There is trouble outside pubs in this country every weekend. It shouldn't happen, but it does. What are you supposed to do, lock yourself in and take cover?

I don't know anyone involved. I wasn't there, and I have never been in a Sligo pub. But those behind whatever trouble there was last week, will get the punishment the authorities deem fit. The rest of us will move on. So should you.
    Genuinely can't decide whether you are a balls out wind up merchant or a bit special.

Either way you are, as always, absolutely tremendous fun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge
    You're on top form in ths thread mypost. never change!
    Sorry, but I read the link in Post 38. My mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Lim till i die
    Genuinely can't decide whether you are a merchant or a bit special.
    And like most quotes of my posts, I have no idea what exactly the response to it is about. So I edit quotes and split posts when it's my turn.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Sorry, but I read the link in Post 38. My mistake.

And like most quotes of my posts, I have no idea what exactly the response to it is about. So I edit quotes and split posts when it's my turn.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts
    Is Tallaght the whited spelchure for Shamrock, awful place to go to, and looks a GAA ground on TV, hard to sell tickets for next year.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    I don't know which is more confusing, your misspelling of 'sepulchre' or your claim that Tallaght looks like a GAA ground.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    I don't know which is more confusing, your misspelling of 'sepulchre' or your claim that Tallaght looks like a GAA ground.
    That wasn't a spelling mistake it was an anagram, when people get forensic on spelling and grammar it is perhaps they cannot refute the essential argument, whether Tallaght looks like a GAA stadium is neither here nor there, though a grass mound at each end would set it off nicely, my main point is that it is not an likable ground and with Shamrock playing unattractive and unsuccessful football in that brutalist arena tickets will be hard sold. Shamrock could longer claim to be Ireland's most charismatic club after Sligo Rovers brought a larger and more joyous support into the your backyard for the 2010 fAI cup and that sowed the seeds of bitterness which came to ugly flower last Saturday night, it is unlikely that ye will ever become the darling of Dublin soccer because many Dubliners when they are confronted with a green and white hooped shirt can envisage the wearer climbing through the shattered remains of a plate glass window at the wrong end of O Connell Street clutching a pair of runners, I always do anyway.

I do honestly think, windups aside that there is a fear out there and not just among the Loola Hoops that the Tallaght Rovers brand is going prematurely stale.

I forgot to add

Matthew 23:
    Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.
    Last edited by redarmyfaction; 02/11/2012 at 7:24 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    Baaaaaaaaaaa

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redarmyfaction View Post
    I do honestly think, windups aside that there is a fear out there and not just among the Loola Hoops that the Tallaght Rovers brand is going prematurely stale.
    They'll probably win the league next season and have the highest average attendance in the league while their doing it
    Here on a technicality.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast