Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Sligo Rovers turn on club over failure to offer deals

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Post Sligo Rovers turn on club over failure to offer deals

SLIGO ROVERS’ senior players have rounded on the club for failing to offer them deals for next season.

After tonight’s game with last year’s champions Shamrock Rovers, Sligo will collect the league trophy they secured with a 3-2 victory over St Pat’s courtesy of Mark Quigley’s last-minute penalty. But the achievement has been a little tarnished, with defender Jason McGuinness and Quigley both unhappy they have not yet been offered terms for next year.

Quigley said: “I’ll be signing on the dole on Monday, as usual. That’s a bit of a comedown, from scoring a winning peno to signing on the dole a week later. But that’s the way it is in this country. I haven’t even got an offer, so it doesn’t look like I’ll be here.”Quigley and McGuinness are wanted by the managerless Hoops, where both had previous spells — while the striker also has an offer from MLS outfit FC Dallas.

Read more at www.thesun.co.uk
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A face View Post
    SLIGO ROVERS’ senior players have rounded on the club for failing to offer them deals for next season.

After tonight’s game with last year’s champions Shamrock Rovers, Sligo will collect the league trophy they secured with a 3-2 victory over St Pat’s courtesy of Mark Quigley’s last-minute penalty. But the achievement has been a little tarnished, with defender Jason McGuinness and Quigley both unhappy they have not yet been offered terms for next year.

Quigley said: “I’ll be signing on the dole on Monday, as usual. That’s a bit of a comedown, from scoring a winning peno to signing on the dole a week later. But that’s the way it is in this country. I haven’t even got an offer, so it doesn’t look like I’ll be here.”Quigley and McGuinness are wanted by the managerless Hoops, where both had previous spells — while the striker also has an offer from MLS outfit FC Dallas.

.....player seeking contract offers. WOW

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,657 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A face View Post

Good for Rovers. A smart, fiscally sound approach. They might lose a few players due to delaying but some/most of them will return once a contract is offered. Greedy players and stupid clubs are a match made in heaven.

4. Thanks From:

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    821 Posts
    Hed be stupid not to go play in the mls I'm sure the pay would be good and think of some of the players hed be facing also the coverage of the mls is better than loi so he might even make a name for himself over there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    He's a "homebird".
    He's been telling this to anybody who will listen ad nauseum all season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Players right to look for the best deal straight after winning a title - strike while the iron is hot. Club right to look after long-term interests. No panic - it'll all find its level. Meanwhile our national media will continue as always to look for bad news stories out of the LoI.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts
    Great to see.