Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Congratulations Sligo

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    sincere congratulations to all at Sligo.
    always good to see a new name on the trophy.

If Sligo can hang on to the bulk of their squad next season, and a good portion of the fans there today ,they will do well.
    Shamrock Rovers- Where trophies are won and envy is scarce

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Stand Up for the Bit O'Red. As a Hoops supporter living in the North West for the last ten years, I can only be envious of what Sligo have achieved this year. Fully deserved the title with the football they played. Their success puts into perspecitve the implosion in Tallaght. Well done to all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Cheers lads, still can't really believe it. Honestly never thought I'd see our rovers win a league.

From my vantage point in the main stand thought the penalty was incredibly harsh.

A big thank you to all the Pats fans who stayed on long after the final whistle to applaud, touch of class. It was a very nice gesture, now off ye go and win the cup.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Congrats to Sligo on winning the league and to both Pats and Sligo on producing a match and occasion that was as good an advertisement for LOI football as I have seen.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts
    The charlatan did a good job in the end PC.....!

Magnificent day yesterday. Thinking back to 3 years ago and we played Pats towards the end of the season up in Inchicore. Raf scored twice that day. That was to keep us up though. The work done by the club has been phenomal. Seeing the ground full and with such a great atmosphere was a joy. Particularly nice to see nobody getting on the players backs when Pats came back. Hopefully can get a lot of that crowd to keep coming back but every club has a problem doing that. Be nice to get through a round in Europe for a change as well.

Never thought I'd see us win the league. Brilliant.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by d rovers View Post
    Cheers lads, still can't really believe it. Honestly never thought I'd see our rovers win a league.

From my vantage point in the main stand thought the penalty was incredibly harsh.

A big thank you to all the Pats fans who stayed on long after the final whistle to applaud, touch of class. It was a very nice gesture, now off ye go and win the cup.
    Thought it was a penalty myself but sure I'm biased. Picture of it from below and his hands are pretty much up by his face to block it.

http://www.sportsfile.com/more-images/1210112/

Superb advert for the league. Pats definitely the best team we've played all season. Hope they win the cup.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    Magical day yesterday. suppose it was written in the stars we would finish it off.
    Fair play to Pats they are a really classy side and didn't get the rub of the green yesterday.
    I don't know if it transmitted to their players, I'm sure they could hear it going on from the dressingroom and the fans would have heard it but the self congratulatory tone of the half time speeches on the pitch were in bad taste I felt and really must have pushed Pats on that extra bit.
    Totally premature and unneccessry I felt and I was raging at the time to be honest.
    Not our players' fault though and although it looked like we would collapse we somehow hung in there by the skin of our teeth. How nervy would next week have been if that shot by Fagan (I think) had gone in.
    Ifs and buts now though. Comiserations to Pats and to John Russell. A really super footballer who still has a lot of fans down here I'm sure.
    These celebrations are only starting to get going down here. Twas nuts in town last night.
    Thank God for the LoI and the opportunity to have days like yesterday.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    I love that Sligo won it, i'll always want the technical, attractive showcase footballing team to win and Sligo have quality all over the park. Hope the town is hopping for the week and if you want to keep the crowds coming back just make sure to play the champions league theme choon at every single charity event. I though it was great for the whole year when City won in 2005, the way the team turn up everywhere, local businesses, music gigs, hospitals, everywhere ..... Enjoy it all, great feeling !!
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts
    Well done Sligo, and also Pats on producing a great game for us watching on tv. Good to see a team from outside Dublin win the title. Pats were a litle unlucky yesterday but over the season the title is going to the best team. Hope Sligo have not overspend to win the title and go the way of Shels, Bohs, Drogheda and Cork City.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wonder88 View Post
    Hope Sligo have not overspend to win the title and go the way of Shels, Bohs, Drogheda and Cork City.
    Hope so too, but it should also be noted the for Sligo Rovers FC, this is an 'in' for everywhere in town. Its perfect excuse to celebrate this with every business, community group, school, hospital, retirement home, bar, hotel, restaurant, etc.. Just turn up .... its the ground work for the sponsorship you'll be looking for over the next few years.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dong View Post
    Magical day yesterday. suppose it was written in the stars we would finish it off.
    Fair play to Pats they are a really classy side and didn't get the rub of the green yesterday.
    I don't know if it transmitted to their players, I'm sure they could hear it going on from the dressingroom and the fans would have heard it but the self congratulatory tone of the half time speeches on the pitch were in bad taste I felt and really must have pushed Pats on that extra bit.
    Totally premature and unneccessry I felt and I was raging at the time to be honest.
    I found them announcements unbelievely cringeworthy at the time.

Congrats to Sligo, best team overall this season!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts
    That guy on the P.A. should be banned from the ground. Trying his best to ruin the day. Mexican Wave and trying to tell people to stay off the pitch cause there's an under 19 game on.

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A face View Post
    Hope so too, but it should also be noted the for Sligo Rovers FC, this is an 'in' for everywhere in town. Its perfect excuse to celebrate this with every business, community group, school, hospital, retirement home, bar, hotel, restaurant, etc.. Just turn up .... its the ground work for the sponsorship you'll be looking for over the next few years.
    I don't disagree with you as such but the same possibilities were there for all those previous champions (less so for the Dubs with the size of the place) for all the good it did them.

Edit: Also, congrats Sligo.
    The ball is round and has many surprises.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    what on earth happened in the showgrounds at halftime during the match? Im intrigued.. I saw the mexican wave all right and was thinking it was a bit early when the game want decided..
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Congrats to Sligo. Well won over the season. Enjoy the celebrations.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    what on earth happened in the showgrounds at halftime during the match? Im intrigued.. I saw the mexican wave all right and was thinking it was a bit early when the game want decided..
    They were doing the official opening of the new stand behind the goals and kept going on about how this was such a great day for the club and how it was looking like it was a day that would remembered forever

18. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nah Nah Nah Nah View Post
    They were doing the official opening of the new stand behind the goals and kept going on about how this was such a great day for the club and how it was looking like it was a day that would remembered forever
    Poor decision but hey who cares now, enjoy it !!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Congrats all at Sligo, especially to those who over the years kept the show on the road. Also, you're one club who actually replaces one excellent manager with another. What's the secret ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts
    To be fair it was a very harsh penalty, if it went against us I would be raging.
    Pats were brilliant, by far the best team we played all season, they deserved a draw on their second half performance.
    It really would do them justice to win the cup now which im guessing they would have picked over a league title considering how long they have been waiting for the cup.
    So much credit must go to the people behind the scenes who keep the massive fundraising work on the road, the club has come on in all aspects so much over the past few years.
    Realistically we will not be still only be pulling 2000 next season I would guess, its difficult for us to push on from that figure on a regular basis when you consider the population centre of Sligo.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast