Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637

Thread: Trap Out and/or Delaney Out

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by centre mid View Post
    Indeed. Delaney on Newstalk with Pat Kenny now
    To be fair he has his eye on the ball and got rid of i'm in a timely manner .... is this the first time we have seen an instance where "the money talked and the BS walked"
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Darklordsbane View Post
    I good friend of mines son was involved with the under age Irish emerging talent squad a few years back (Traps 1st year) the kid passed the ball along the ground, between 2 defenders his left winger crossed they scored, his emerging talent coach told him off, later he chipped the ball over the backs head for his right winger who crossed the ball they scored again, got told off again (it's not what they are looking for stop doing those Hollywood passes) later he passes straight through the 2 center halves, the striker scores, crowd clap, couch eats the head of him and plays him at left back for the rest of the match, my friend was furious he asked the couch what was going on, his son was a very creative midfielder who set up 3 goals what more do you guys want, couches reply was,
    THIS IS COMING FROM THE VERY TOP, IT'S NOT WHAT THIER LOOKING FOR, IF THERE IS NOTHING ON, PASS IT BACKWARDS DON'T TRY THOSE HOLLYWOOD PASSES, (looks/sounds very familiar just like the Irish team)
    needless to say the kid never played for any Irish team, and has like so many others got so dis heartened he gave up football, this is why Trap has no players coming through the Irish under age set up, it is only when players have gone elsewhere, or come from Scotland and Northern Ireland that we get any creative players,
    it's true what they say you reap what you sow
    That's the longest sentance I've ever read.

3. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    594 Posts
    Well we're gonna need to find out the name of this kid and get him back into football. He can start beside Wes in our new look midfield
    Folding my way into the big money!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    McDonnell's piece is very amusing; well worth a read.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Sky Sources: Martin O'Neill is FAI's first and only choice to succeed Giovanni Trapattoni as Republic of Ireland manager. More on #SSN

Our sources also say that O'Neill is interested in the job & the deal could be done next week #SSN

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,922 Posts
    O'Neill would be the convenient appointment of least resistance.

I'd go for the long haul, the 3 man interview panel and a 200 page thread. It's a rare treat to have a new manager's thread, with posts on well trodden paths of references to Wikipedia stats to argue and counter argue about potential manager candidates that we can really only have a guess about.
    Last edited by geysir; 13/09/2013 at 12:54 PM.

9. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Darklordsbane View Post
    I good friend of mines son was involved with the under age Irish emerging talent squad a few years back (Traps 1st year) the kid passed the ball along the ground, between 2 defenders his left winger crossed they scored, his emerging talent coach told him off, later he chipped the ball over the backs head for his right winger who crossed the ball they scored again, got told off again (it's not what they are looking for stop doing those Hollywood passes) later he passes straight through the 2 center halves, the striker scores, crowd clap, couch eats the head of him and plays him at left back for the rest of the match, my friend was furious he asked the couch what was going on, his son was a very creative midfielder who set up 3 goals what more do you guys want, couches reply was,
    THIS IS COMING FROM THE VERY TOP, IT'S NOT WHAT THIER LOOKING FOR, IF THERE IS NOTHING ON, PASS IT BACKWARDS DON'T TRY THOSE HOLLYWOOD PASSES, (looks/sounds very familiar just like the Irish team)
    needless to say the kid never played for any Irish team, and has like so many others got so dis heartened he gave up football, this is why Trap has no players coming through the Irish under age set up, it is only when players have gone elsewhere, or come from Scotland and Northern Ireland that we get any creative players,
    it's true what they say you reap what you sow
    Surely this is made up?

If not, the coach is an idiot. I can see the sense in teaching kids to hold onto the ball and that's to be encouraged. But you can't completely strangle creativity out of kids either.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by barney View Post
    Surely this is made up?

If not, the coach is an idiot. I can see the sense in teaching kids to hold onto the ball and that's to be encouraged. But you can't completely strangle creativity out of kids either.
    I stopped at 'couch eats the head of him'. never seen a couch do that before

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637