Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Trap Out and/or Delaney Out

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,271 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Noelys Guitar View Post
    Getting hammered 6-1 at home would be a good start for breach of contract.
    Not unless "You can't lose 6-1 at home" is explicitly written into his contract.

2. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,713 Posts
    On extratime.ie he says he'll stay until there are no positives left. Damn you Andy Keogh!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the doc View Post
    A defeat or even a draw against the Faroes and Trap will go.

I will be sorry to see him go an honour to of had him as Ireland's manager.

Whoever comes in may shuffle the pack but I doubt it make much improvement.

Lack of players coming through at all levels, lack of investment in the youth development.

Tough times ahead but we will be back ready to fight for Ireland again.
    Then Tuesday may well be his last game because on current form I think the Faroes at home will fancy taking a point off us at least.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbyrne View Post
    a gent like mick deserves better than being subjected to our arrogant media and deluded fans again
    The media aren't the greatest and a lot of them seem to be following their own agenda, I'll give you that, but delusional fans? You seem to be happy with the current regime and regularly take issue with the likes of me who say we haven't performed on any meaningful occasion since late 2009. You value results over performance, but performance leads to results and results have been muck recently. What sort of fan do you think is delusional?

My aims for Ireland are realistic: not to collapse like a minnow against top sides and to give mid-ranking teams a competitive game, all of this in competitive fixtures, when it really matters. We haven't been reaching that marker for 3 years now. We've been looking worse than we actually are for a while now, punching below our weight. I'm not hoodwinked by qualification and by beating Estonia. I'm not satisfied with qualification if we offer nothing when we get to a tournament. For what it's worth, I would rate Kerr's two campaigns as better than the previous Euro campaign in terms of results relative to opposition, and that's not setting the bar particularly high.

Quote Originally Posted by jbyrne View Post
    germany are a brilliant team. better than spain imo
    Recent tournaments would suggest otherwise, but that's neither here nor there. There are more important things to be discussed.

6. Thanks From:

Formerly: vega007 Colbert Report's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    163 Posts
    I really wish people would cop themselves on. The problem isn't the manager. We could have had Messi and Ronaldo out there and we still wouldn't have had a chance against Germany.

8. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colbert Report View Post
    I really wish people would cop themselves on. The problem isn't the manager. We could have had Messi and Ronaldo out there and we still wouldn't have had a chance against Germany.
    I think u might have got the analogy wrong there dude. Its meant to be 'we could have had mourinho etc.... obviously if we had messi and ronaldo we would have had a chance against germany unless the manager was trapattoni whould would've only played 1 of them!

10. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,657 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Strongbow10 View Post
    Fed up listening to this kind of defence of Trap. Anyone with 2 eyes can see that the guy is tactically stagnant. He is a manager who has not evolved with the times, he is no longer a relevant football mind. His major success was in the 80's and early 90's FFS.

The man is given respect that is simply over the top. If you actually go to Ireland games and analyse how things play out in front of your eyes you can see the systematic tactical ineptitude on display. Even the most basic things in the game.

The one criticism thrown out against anyone wanting him gone is "we don't have the talent to be able to be more expansive". That is fine, but how about maybe bringing in someone who can address our dreadful defending at times? Trap's Ireland is not the defensive machine people make out either.

There are deficincies all over the pitch.

Midfield is a shambles and has been for the majority of his reign. We have neither the defensive shield in our midfield nor do we have any presence to support our attack. Whelan and Andrews are at best proficient at holding their shape in the middle of the field, and thats it. They do not pass and they do not tackle. They hold their position in the middle of the field urging opposition to try and play through them and the good teams do just that.

The amount of times tonight our 3 man midfield sat off the germans asking them to try and break us down and one simple pass would take all 3 of our midfield out of the game. And this has happened time and time again. Trap has always been a manager who shapes his side in straight lines, nobody ever drops in between the lines, either in front of the defence or in front of the midfield behind the striker. Its a feature of his sides. And quite simply its a flawed and dated philosophy. Players that operate between the lines are the ones who cause problems.

The last side to do this with great effect at Landsdowne were the Russians. Advocaat knew exactly how to maul ireland so the blueprint is there.

Nobody thinks Ireland can play like Barca FFS. But we can be defensively efficient and intelligent in our supporting attacking play.

The players dont engage the opposition at all in games, they sit off and invite opposition to break us down if they are good enough. And its the same for every game, there is never any variation.

People mention trap in the same vein as Fergie, they are both in their 70's but thats where the comparison ends. Fergie has proven himself capable of reinventing himself time and time again, adjusting his philosophy to the modern game. Trap hasn't. FAI wages are his retirement fund.

I bet if you sat down with him he could not tell you anything about many players we have playing in England. He is not actively watching games, he has no natural inclination to see whats out there for us in terms of players who may improve areas we are weak.

He insists on selecting some god awful players for every squad- Darren O'Dea, Paul McShane, Stephen Ward, Paul Green, Stephen Hunt, Andy Keogh, Simon Cox and then has the cheek to insist this is the hand he has been dealt.

No doubt Coleman will be axed again due to his shaky performance tonight, whereas the likes of Ward has been shaky for 2 years yet he still gets his game guaranteed. Its a farce.

We need to bite the bullet and blood these younger players now, let them make mistakes in big games if need be, at lease it will iron out the creases in the hope of maybe something better in the long term rather than persisting with such rubbish.

Out with the names above and in with the likes of Aidy White, Shane Duffy, Ciaran Clark, David Meyler, Robbie Brady, Greg Cunningham, Jeff Hendrick et al.
    Key roles in the first XI for Coleman, Gibson, McCarthy and Long and give them the faith shown to some of the perennial underachivers.

Defend as a team and attack as a team.

Anyway rant over.
    Thank you for this post. It's good to know I'm not the only one who sees the same things you list. Great post.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,916 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    Thank you for this post. It's good to know I'm not the only one who sees the same things you list. Great post.
    I see, the great posts are the ones that agree with your vision

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,271 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colbert Report View Post
    One of the most bizarre posts on here in a long time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    FAI are too ****ed financially to pay off the c€1.5m left on his contract. Trap is too stubborn to go. This could be a long one.
    "If you don't work harder I'll pull you off at halftime,"
    “Crikey, at Manchester City all we get is an orange and a cup of tea,"

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by youngirish View Post
    Then Tuesday may well be his last game because on current form I think the Faroes at home will fancy taking a point off us at least.
    He said he will not resign even if we get beaten on Tuesday. This is all about getting his payoff in full.
    http://www.independent.ie/sport/socc...i-3258506.html

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    214 Posts
    The end is in sight. The mood of foot.ie is a good indicator. Once 90% of the international forum posters wants you gone your on borrowed time. I'd say it was 50/50 after Euro 2012.

He just needs to lose the majority of the dressing room & Delaney will have to act.

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    879 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker1982 View Post
    He just needs to lose the majority of the dressing room & Delaney will have to act.
    That ship has sailed too surely ? I mean is a dressing room minus so many players available for selection likely to be a happy one still ? Is a team who have begun conceding in the manner Ireland have of late not already collectively tuned out of Traps verbal meanderings? I think we have been privy to only some of the player/manager fallout, as I posted somewhere before. That dressing room is a mess for a while now.

Delaney gave this contract and its tough for him to come out of this looking good politically after such a financial and personal misjudgment. So he's fudging. If a senior player or two were to tell the truth, it would change/hasten things maybe.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    154 Posts
    I think he has totally lost the dressing room. Delaney appears very quiet and I haven't read about him saying that Trap has his support publicly. It appears that Delaney is waiting for Trap to make the decision, which won't happen. I think this could linger on until March. Alternatively, we could get through Tuesday and then try and get a new manager in, who will have at least one, but maybe two friendlies under his belt, before the games in March.

I went to the game with my 82 year old dad - a man who has played football and coached football to a decent standard and has given up thousands of hours of his time to coaching young lads and girls, even long in to his 70's. I have watched him talk depressingly about how the FAI suits wouldn't listen to guys like him and their ideas for change. He was preaching about kids playing in smaller goals and with 6/7 side 20 or 30 years ago. On Friday, we took our season ticket seats at the very top of the West Upper and I watched as he struggled to make it to the seats. He has recently had 2 very bad vertigo attacks, but nothing was going to stop him from watching his beloved Ireland and to also see a fantastic German team. Towards the end of the game, he turned to me and said that he hoped we are awful in the Faroe's game, so that Trap would leave. He was close to tears. I suppose when you get to his age and love football, you don't think what will Ireland be like in 10 years time....you just are living for each day. My father, even in the darkest days would never have wanted Ireland to play badly. When Trap and the FAI lose supporters like him, then you know things need to change.

I hope we win on Tuesday and if you asked me I would rather us win by 5 or 6 with fast paced German type football, then win 2-1 with a late goal after a horrendous performance. No matter how he win (if we do), there will be a few lads backing Trap. Some will point to Sweden winning there 2-1 and Austria drawing in Kazakhstan. Good luck to you lads. I admire your loyalty, but I despair at your naivety. In some ways, your blind loyalty is part of the problem. Ireland will never change if we set our standards so low that regular trashings by admittedly brilliant teams become acceptable, even in Dublin or if we point to poor results by other teams. All on sites like this, or on YBIG are here because we care about the national team. We have different opinions, but we all care. After the Euro's, I was torn between Trap staying or going. No I cannot for the life of me fathom how anybody would support him. The most annoying thing is that Trap won't play his best 11. There again, you wonder has he even seen Wilson play at Stoke, or has he made the trip to see Hoolahan and maybe speak with Pilkington at Carrow Road. Has he gone to the Hawthorns and seen Long rip very good defenders a new one. I doubt it. We are not Spain, we are Ireland. We need to maximise every little bit of talent that we have at our disposal and not alienate half the team.

Ireland does not have the world class players we used to. However, we have mostly decent enough premiership players, who should form the basis of a decent team. One poster talked about some of Sweden's team and it's players and rightly said that it isn't on the whole much better than ours, bar Ibrahimovic. We are a mid-ranking decent European type team i.e a country that should be challenging for qualification and be able to give every team a game, home or away. However, we are now sliding towards not just mediocrity, but minnow like status if we can accept the performances of late.

19. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts
    What we need is a disciplined manager who commands respect, who is obsessive enough to follow the club progress of every Irish player, who plays organised, modern, technical football. And who is at the stage of their career where an international job is interesting. And who doesn't cost the Earth. And who speaks good English.

Doesn't exist, you say?

Co Adriaanse is out of a job.

This man took Willem II (who? exactly) to the Champions League and AZ Alkmaar to the UEFA Cup semi-finals. He is the saviour of the underdogs and refuses to let small teams roll over. He is exactly the manager we need.
    Last edited by brine3; 14/10/2012 at 2:09 PM.

21. Thanks From:

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    The mood of foot.ie is a good indicator. Once 90% of the international forum posters wants you gone your on borrowed time.
    Is there anyone left here who wants Trap still in charge in November? And who can seriously make a case for what he can do for us with the future in mind (2013, 2014 and beyond)?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Mr Trapattoni has not lost the dressing room, he still knows where it is!
    I'd say the players are still 100% with him and Marco.
    Some of the players who aren't being picked have only themselves to blame in my opinion.
    They should stop bleating to the media and be accountable for their part in not being selected.
    If you turn up when you feel like it, then you can't expect to play.

Loyalty works both ways.

I'm backing the Boys in Green, are you?

In Trap we trust!

24. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    214 Posts
    Well the Trap keeps picking you Sean so your bound to want him to stay!

26. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    214 Posts
    Mypost and Owlsfan would still be loyal to the Trap at a guess. I've not seen them on here since Friday night, probably heading to the Faroes as I type this but I know they've defended him in the past.
    Last edited by shakermaker1982; 14/10/2012 at 6:20 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    577 Posts
    Mypost and Owlsfan would still be loyal to the Trap at a guess. I've not seen them on here since Friday night, probably heading to the Faroes as I type this but I know they've defended him in the past.
    Who are they supposed to be?
    Last edited by The Fly; 14/10/2012 at 6:30 PM.

Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast