Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Good fans

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Good fans

You're the driest old white crusty sh*tes to ever grace a football ground.I've had enough of home games.It's the last time I'll sit in silence while 3-0 up.F*ck the lot of yiz corporate boring suit c*nts.
    I don't care if this is thrown into rubbish you'll see it there. ban me I couldn't give 2 ****es I've had enough with Ireland fans and there stuck up celtic tiger ponsy f*ck off b*llox.If your looking for the cricket game they play in white and probably arent very good.Anyone who was at the game today and didn't sing when there was a song starting around them I'm talking to you.Overconcious c*cknobs.F*ck the lot of yiz.eL fans I thought yous 'show up the rest of the stand' acoording to one poster today.Yous were crap today barely heard a tune out of ye (the odd group,fair play lads).

And thats my opinion.that felt good.

Ar se ho les
    <insert witty remark>

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    it came across the same on the tv.....silence for most of the game......stunned silence when morrision scored
    Ignore Max Power, he is no more, the future is Ron Burgundy. I'd love to be Ron Burgundy but they won't let me........

thecorner
    yeah lets all get angry. i can tell ye that city fans started chants and got no response

oh wait...we did....we got the finger off a few pats fans

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Thought they just had the sound down in the pub!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Red face

Apologies for my drunken tirade which I now regret
    <insert witty remark>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The less said about Fran Rooneys pathetic attempts to create a plastic atmosphere the better. If you think giving out a few wigs and sticks and getting some clown to sing Ballads is going to create an atmosphere than there's something wrong, and the Carlsberg Band were just taking the ****.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    everyone has the right to be tired and emotional now and then!

but seriously - what is with all this "organised" support; only saw the game on TV but I read in the papers today that we are now resorting to the German habit of playing music after each goal. Give it a break lads. We are Irish. We do not need "organised" support.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    it is impossible to falsely create atmosphere at a match. attempts to do so actually only do the opposite as genuine fans can only cringe at whats going on around them!!
    a few points about what went on yesterday....

1. Any chance the crowd had of belting out Amhran na bhFiann was destroyed by the fact that the bands playing of it was broadcast over the pa system. no point even tryin to sing it as no chance of being heard!

2. why do they feel the need to play that awful music after a goal! surely the one time you dont need to encourage the crowd is when a goal has been scored???!! great moments of Irish sport will be replayed on tv in years to come with some tacky euro pop tune drowning out the crowd!

3. the "carsberg band" only seemed interested in entertaining themselves. at one stage as we were about to take a free kick on the edge of the box the band started up a drum roll as you would hear at a circus!!

to be honest... its a waste of time posting on boards such as this as it wont have any effect whatsoever. the only way is for genuine fans who are appalled at whats going on to drop a line to fran rooney and co. and let them know we want rid of all the razmataz!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts
    'Hey Baby' after a goal has to stop. I watched the match on TV, I didn't hear any band?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    That 'You'll never walk alone' is a joke also.
    As for playing a song after a goal, agreed, there's no need for it. They tried it a few times at the Brandy last season, no took any notice of it. They don't play it anymore.
    Have you ever won the treble?

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    i hate "you'll never walk in scumlone" !!!!

if you want atmosphere before a game you need to build the spirits....u2 pride is a perfect example of a song that brings out the "pride" in our nation.....we need atmosphere not the likes of westlife and d side that were played at the last game i was at.

i do music for our club and one cd is all classic stuff, singalong if you will, with van morrison, the beatles etc.....

another one is all rock "atmosphere" bowie, queen, U2, thin lizzy, etc.....average crowd at a game are men in their 20/430's rhis is their music, not fcukin westlife....

Amhran na bhFiann isn't known by a lot of the crowd if the truth was told, needs to be loud as in their wisdom, landsdown only has a sound system in the stands and none in the "terrece" so the sound has to travel.....
    ballads are pointless and just put people to sleep.....

music after a goal is scored....eh well, we do it and so do a lot of other EL teams but we don't have 35,000 peole to cheer....not needed on a live game with that maybe people...

rant over, your thoughts

your thoughts on the above........
    Ignore Max Power, he is no more, the future is Ron Burgundy. I'd love to be Ron Burgundy but they won't let me........

thecorner
    Quote Originally Posted by max power
    i hate "you'll never walk in scumlone" !!!!

was laughing at that as well
    would not join in

i mean like how the fcuk did they associate that with the republic of ireland

and as for this eurostar feen ...dont get me started on that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Can't wait for Wednesday when the people who burst a gut to get to the away games make sure they get the most out of it by singing their hearts out. The atmosphere at Lansdowne hasn't been great for a while now.
    Have Boot Disk, will travel

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    i'd love to see the atmosphere in there if all the players were from el teams, our own if you will......too many fools on "scotish" jersies wanting ingerland to lose and not getting behind their own nation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    too many fools on "scotish" jersies wanting ingerland to lose and not getting behind their own nation.
    The problem for most is that they want to sit for the entire game and because they have Sky Sports at home and the only live game they see is Ireland in Lansdowne they don't know how to participate. It's something they're not used to.
    If you buy a ticket for an Ireland game you have a duty, an obligation to contribute to the atmosphere.
    A few blasts from Eric on the megaphone would sort them out!
    Have Boot Disk, will travel

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    or maybe if they went to see football in their own league

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    said it before on another thread, too many people turn up without the right top on. Our team doesn't wear green and white hoops.

As for the Corporates, The FAI have begun to embrace these 'infidels' with their pretnetious and arroagant demeanours. MONEY talks now, not truth and honesty. Real fans and people don't count anymore

Gone are the days, when we used to sing the rebel songs, or the tacky renditons of Jacky's Army, and OLE, OLE
    Gone are the days, when we used to raise our voices and hands, and rejoice the victories over our foes, or cry and console ourselves over our pints, when defeated.
    Never eat yellow snow!!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    the only jersey i will wear to n ireland game is my club one, i won't wear the irish one with that big eircom logo on it.....simple as that.

sing what ya like i say, just leave the rebel songs at home.....not a big fan of them personally....but more noise is needed and all are agreed on that, otherwise zombie nation is here to stay.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i'd love to see the atmosphere in there if all the players were from el teams, our own if you will......too many fools on "scotish" jersies wanting ingerland to lose and not getting behind their own nation.
    Oh really the problem is people who wear Celtic tops, not those who turn up in suits and are at the game so that they have a chance to let their mates down the golf club know about it . Catch yourself on a bit, most of the Celtic fans I know who go to the games do sing and try to create an atmosphere (a chance to get in a cheap jibe about the booing is presenting itself here.)

Problem is at games like Cyprus the noise level tends to low anyway, as all over the football world, games where you expect your side to win are harder to get excited about, so the FAI try to do something about this, now I'm not going to slag them for this, however any attempt to produce an atmosphere from above tends to be looked down on by fans. What we should look at doing is (through the varous supporters clubs) doing things to produce an atmosphere ourselves, look at the way that this done on the continent, can you imagine Roma club officals having to try to help their own fans produce an atmosphere?
    Where am I now? I'm over here,
    I've got those empty pockets and I can't afford a beer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beavis
    Apologies for my drunken tirade which I now regret
    Agreed with every word of it
    Where am I now? I'm over here,
    I've got those empty pockets and I can't afford a beer.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast