Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Oscar Traynor Trophy 2012/13

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the truth View Post
    to my knowledge the game you are referring to was an away fixture against the Cork AUL on a wednesday night approx 4 years ago when Martin Reddan and Denis Keehan were at the helm. Since then, under Aidan Ryans watch Limerick OT have always had a full compliment of players.
    i would also like to advise you that no Tipperary player refused to play against the AUL last year. The decision not to play the game was made by the league in conjunction with the management. I think it is very unfair to blame players when one is not aware of the full facts.
    the TSDL gave a walkover because ST MICHAELS players were playing FAI the following week and that's a fact,the TSDL should have fulfilled the fixture without them and thats a fact,are they the only players playing in TSDL,The Limerick boys fulfilled their fixture and Pike were playing the following week also in the FAI.Why didn't they fulfill the fixture seen as your in the know????.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    [FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=#000000]The Oscar Traynor fixture Sligo Leitrim DSL v Inishowen will take place on Sunday 21st Oct 2012 KO at 2.30pm Venue Ray Mac Sharry Complex Cranmore Sligo.[/COLOR][/FONT]
    'I can live with disappointment, its the hope I cant handle'

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hotspur View Post
    the TSDL gave a walkover because ST MICHAELS players were playing FAI the following week and that's a fact,the TSDL should have fulfilled the fixture without them and thats a fact,are they the only players playing in TSDL,The Limerick boys fulfilled their fixture and Pike were playing the following week also in the FAI.Why didn't they fulfill the fixture seen as your in the know????.
    Minesapint made the statement that "it didn't seem much of an honour for the tipperary lads last year when they refused to play".
    i have stated that no Tipperary player i.e. TSDL player refused to play in that game. The decision to play or not play was taken out of the players hands as the League made a decision in the interest of all clubs involved i.e. St. Michaels Peake Villa and Clonmel Celtis not to play the game. They are the facts and I invite Minesapint to comment on same.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    It was taken out of their hands because players from the tipp league refused to play ie the St michaels, peake villa and clonmel celtic, and the manager would not play with out hes full side, if it was a big honour all players would play, why are counties pulling out?.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    we the desmond league knew nothing about not being entered into this years oscar traynor until we saw the draw on this site,after winning the competition 4 years ago its a step backwards in my opinion,apparently there was an ad put in the local paper, no one applied so they didnt bother entering one.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Surely if the offered expenses then they would have had plenty volunteers ..

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Sligo/Leitrim 3 - 6 Innishowen

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longshanks View Post
    Sligo/Leitrim 3 - 6 Innishowen
    What did you make of Sligo selections and tactics - pretty poor game in truth?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    agreed poor enough game, I only landed as Innishowen went 3-2 up.....Sligo seemed to be on top for most of what I seen, poor mistake for the 4th goal and the heads seemed to go down after that. Their number 9 looked like a handful. As for tactics I suppose being down to 10 and chasing the game through that out the window. The selection seemed to be same old same old players who have been around the block. I heard there was only 8 at training the week before and 2 of those were keepers.....

What was the red card for????

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    agreed poor enough game, I only landed as Innishowen went 3-2 up.....Sligo seemed to be on top for most of what I seen, poor mistake for the 4th goal and the heads seemed to go down after that. Their number 9 looked like a handful. As for tactics I suppose being down to 10 and chasing the game through that out the window. The selection seemed to be same old same old players who have been around the block. I heard there was only 8 at training the week before and 2 of those were keepers.....

What was the red card for????
    Missed the red card and knowing who was sent off I didn't even bother to ask!

There is huge dissatisfaction with the selection process of the Oscar Traynor team. Hopefully, Sligo get bet by Mayo and a change a la Trap will happen -- along with a change at the top.

Yeah the Inishowen no 9 was lively - but it doesn't help when you have two of your back four (along with obvious criticism re fitness etc) not being defenders!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    John Gaffney missed a header and Clive Somers took the forward down as last man - no arguments - no cartron player on panel , 1 boyle player , 8 city united players started , 1 glenview , 1 st johns and the boyle lad .
    i have never seen the manager at a super league match (and i go to a lot of matches) .
    Time for change.
    Well done to inishowen but i dont think they would have beaten a properly managed sligo leitrim team.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligored View Post
    John Gaffney missed a header and Clive Somers took the forward down as last man - no arguments - no cartron player on panel , 1 boyle player , 8 city united players started , 1 glenview , 1 st johns and the boyle lad .
    i have never seen the manager at a super league match (and i go to a lot of matches) .
    Time for change.
    Well done to inishowen but i dont think they would have beaten a properly managed sligo leitrim team.
    There are 'country' players, eg Aughanagh, and those in lower division eg Gurteen, that could/should get onto this side - the top-heavy representation from City was kack. 4-5-1 to protect dreadful defence, then just meant Nibber was not a real threat. Tactics, selection and management simply don't appear to be the strong point of Oscar Traynor management team - any posters like to comment as to same situation pertains in their area?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Dont want to 'dis' anyone involved, and I'd say that anyone involved gave their best, but I just dont think that the Oscar Traynor carries much weight in Sligo. This year is the first year that I can recall that there was a squad selected from a wide scope of clubs, not just the 'town' clubs. I'd say the OT squad has suffered because of a legacy of being 'town' dominated. Anyhow this years squad contained 5 City Utd, 5 Boyle, 4 Cartron, 3 Merville, 3 Aughanagh, 1 Carrick, 1 Ballisodare, 1 Yeats & 1 Dromore.....so it had a decent spread of representation, there was also a call out to anybody who think they had something to offer to turn up for training.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Dont want to 'dis' anyone involved, and I'd say that anyone involved gave their best, but I just dont think that the Oscar Traynor carries much weight in Sligo...so it had a decent spread of representation, there was also a call out to anybody who think they had something to offer to turn up for training.
    1. The manager - should be at the Premier league games to decide for himself.

2. Re 'a call out' -- that means, if ever club manager was to send say, a left back, you would have 20 odd left-backs, which goes back to the point the OT manager should select the team.

3. I think a panel, after a few trial games, should select the OT team. Get a few players from Sligo Rovers along with Sligo/Leitrim to select side.

4. I spoke to a lad who was at OT training last year and he picked Sligo/L team before the game and informed me about the way it is run -- simply, a complete farce, training and selection.

There are players eager to play but not under the current administration.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Cant really argue with any of that. I couldnt imagine someone answering the call out unless they were in the know in the league. I know I certainly wouldnt have(in fairness that would be 15 years ago). There definitely should be a series of trail games. Its a big improvement on 10 yrs ago when the OT manager didnt drive, but the should be a concerted effort from the top down to sort something out with the OT in the area, either bin it or put more effort into it

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Best of luck to Clare tonight it's a tough ask.. Prediction 3-0 limerick

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts
    Best of luck to the cork aul team tonight against the defense forces

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtfree View Post
    Best of luck to Clare tonight it's a tough ask.. Prediction 3-0 limerick
    Can u post result later and the teams if possible. cheers

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    Limerick 2 Clare O, Jonathan grant, john teirney.

Limerick should of been 4 or 5 up at half time missed sitters hit the bar they eased off 2nd half Clare were very poor.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Have you got the teams for the game?? Any stand out performances?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast