Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: What now for Andy Reid?

Beanie

What now for Andy Reid?

With the passing of the transfer deadline, Andy Reid remains a First Division player, in a club that he no longer wants to play for, his comments in the media have slammed Kinnear the Chairman, and the clubs ambitions in general, he feels cheated for being priced out of the market (and so he should), He is the clubs best player, yet his position seems untenable, The January window must seem a long way away...

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by davros
    Just have to get his head down & keep up his best form.......& not act like a primadonna.......If he's that good,eventually he will get the big move he seeks......btw,good performances for Ireland in the WCQ's is a good 'shop window', n'cest pas?
    I think that's exactly how he'll react. He has no choice now, does he?
    "Can I have a Kit-Kat, chunky?"

"you mean a big one"

"No a normal kit-kat you fat bitch"

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I think 5 million isnt vastly overpriced, Reidy has got slightly carried away with all the media hype and should get back to playing for the team, till January anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I think he will be part of Kerr's plans out on the right for a right few matches. It gives him a good stage to show his talents and ability and if he keeps putting in the performances for Ireland, he will be playing in the priemership in Janurary no sweat

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Reid has been grossly priced out of the market. Take Carrick or Murphy both goin for around 2 million. reid is untested at premiership level and thus is a risk to managers who want to see instant returns. As we all have witnessed at Landsdowne Andy Reid is an excellent footballer but he has not been playin at the highest level .........friendlies against Brazil and the Czechs are not the real deal no matter what anyone says. Thats not to say he doesnt deserves to be playin in the premiership as he obviously does. Its early days his time will come. I think he has the right attitude to overcome this setback and become stronger. Lets hope he can put himself in the shop window in the next couple of games.........