Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

View Poll Results: Will Cork City win the league next year?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

16 26.23%
  • No

45 73.77%

Thread: Will City win the league next year?

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Will City win the league next year?

Will City win the league next year?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

city winning the legue next year

well there you go a resounding no what does that say ...............................
    save the sheep shaggers bring back beheadings for waherford

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by exile
    well there you go a resounding no what does that say ...............................

More people voted no than yes!?

Thankfully League titles aren't awarded based on the results of an Internet poll.
    Have Boot Disk, will travel

thecorner
    dont fall for the bait lads

give shelsman ammo to wind us up

dont think so

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I for one won't be voting on this poll.

Who knows if we'll win the league next season. It depends what new players we'll sign in the off season, it depends if our current players continue to perform well, it depends what players Shels and Bohs sign in the off season, it depends whether or not our players and management and fans keep a positive frame of mind, it depends on whether or not we're unlucky with injuries and suspensions, it depends on whether the eircom league make another mess of our fixtures and if we have to play three games in a week but a month later not play any games for 3 weeks! All of those things and plenty more need to go our way, it's impossible to just say yes we will or no won't win the league. We all hope we will and I believe Dolan can deliver but whether that is next season or 2 or 3 years down the line who knows. The three year plan states it should be next season but things don't always go to plan!
    Champions!

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colm

Who knows if we'll win the league next season. It depends what new players we'll sign in the off season, it depends if our current players continue to perform well, it depends what players Shels and Bohs sign in the off season, it depends whether or not our players and management and fans keep a positive frame of mind, it depends on whether or not we're unlucky with injuries and suspensions, it depends on whether the eircom league make another mess of our fixtures and if we have to play three games in a week but a month later not play any games for 3 weeks! All of those things and plenty more need to go our way, it's impossible to just say yes we will or no won't win the league. We all hope we will and I believe Dolan can deliver but whether that is next season or 2 or 3 years down the line who knows. The three year plan states it should be next season but things don't always go to plan!
    I wasn't asking you to predict the future and put your house on it, just take a guess as to how you think things will pan out based on performances this year and what Dolan has done so far.

I wasn't trying to use this poll as ammo against ye, just trying to see what people REALLY think will happen. Of course City fans HOPE that they will win the league next year, that's why I didn't start a poll on that!!!

thecorner
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelsman

I wasn't trying to use this poll as ammo against ye, just trying to see what people REALLY think will happen.

ya right.....

and thats why u didnt start one for waterford,bohs etc....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    Ye are of course the biggest club in the country
    If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosco
    Ye are of course the biggest club in the country
    Wow, humour-that's worn him out for the week. You'd better take a lie down now Bosco!

( That was actually quite amusing )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Unhappy new players

i don t want answer to the question wether or not cork will win but there was a french man on trial a few month ago in limerick then in cork and it seems not good enough for Pat Dolan and now he scored 10 goals in 11 matches for galway.....

bye DAMO...

Quote Originally Posted by Colm

GavinZac
    hi looping welcome to the site, this topic is about "will city win the league next year?", not about Dupuy. the topic a few lines down entitled "dupuy" is about dupuy. just a suggestion, read the topic from now on and you'll get along fine

have a nice day

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

I voted no and think we'll win next year ... I dont think i am on my own here.

Is this poll null and void now ??
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thecorner
    ya right.....

and thats why u didnt start one for waterford,bohs etc....
    I've been living in Cork for the last 10 years, so I have a greater interest in City than most Shels fans - that's why I started the poll.

In addition to this, foot.ie is dominated by Cork fans so it was no harm in having a poll that might interest all the City fans.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GavinZac
    hi looping welcome to the site, this topic is about "will city win the league next year?", not about Dupuy. the topic a few lines down entitled "dupuy" is about dupuy. just a suggestion, read the topic from now on and you'll get along fine

have a nice day

do you not think his sign off is very similiar to the person he is talking about?

His name is DUPUY
    Our Frenchie hero
    he made us happy
    when times were bad
    he keeps on scoring
    he keeps us going
    lets all give
    messeur Dupuy a cheer
    Damo Damo Damo.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry
    do you not think his sign off is very similiar to the person he is talking about?

His name is DUPUY
    Our Frenchie hero
    he made us happy
    when times were bad
    he keeps on scoring
    he keeps us going
    lets all give
    messeur Dupuy a cheer
    Damo Damo Damo.....
    Terry, it's seems too obvious.
    IMO it's definitely someone pulling the p1ss

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Foot.ie!

Yesterday's article by Gavin Reardon in the Echo (anything to gavin Zac? Just a thought) included some good points about the direction City is going, with the Dolan-Lennox master plan looking at long term club building rather than short-lived match results based on expensive signings of dodgy has-beens.
    I am prepared to wait for the plan to produce results. And no, I do not think City will win the leage next season, but over the next three years I believe that we will close the gap in standards with Shels, and leave Bohs and Drogs trying to follow our example.
    Injustice anywhere threatens justice everywhere - Martin Luther King Jnr.