Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Player Payments Discussion

[SPLIT FROM CORK AUL]

Quote Originally Posted by dahamsta
    MOD NOTE

Just for the record, 12 th man is 100% right below on the topic of discussion about payments to players. I've been threatened many times with legal action over these allegations, and while it's never gone beyond threats, all it takes is one guy with a bee in his bonnet to kill not just discussion of this topic, but the entire site. It earns very little money, and while I would go to court to defend users if I think they're in the right, I'm not going to think that if there isn't any evidence. Hearsay is not evidence -- never has been, never will be.

It's worth remembering when you're posting on this topic - on any topic in fact, on any forum - that you're only ever one court order away from losing your anonymity. If I receive one, I'll have to supply your email address and the IP addresses of your posts, whether I like it or not, and that data can be used to find out who you are with another court order to your ISP or employer. So when we say evidence, we mean it -- you may need to defend your statements in a court of law, so you'd better be damned sure you can back up what you're saying.

This isn't just me scaremongering, it's happening right now, because of some of the nonsense that get posted in this very forum -- someone that claims to have been defamed on Foot.ie is in the process of getting court orders requiring Foot.ie, Vodafone, Eircom, Meteor, Gumtree and even Hushmail to reveal the identities of their users.

I've fought this person tooth and nail because, while they didn't deserve the sheer level of abuse they got, there's definitely an element of a55hole involved, and most of their ire is a simple inability to take their mother's advice and "ignore the bullies". Ultimately though, as I mention earlier, if the court orders me to do it, I have to do it. End of story.

I've spent time and money on this, time and money I don't have. People would do well to remember that when they bitch about the rules. The rules are there for a reason, to protect not just me and the mods but you too. So if any of you get suspended down the line, maybe remember that and take it like a man, instead of running off to another forum and calling us names.

I don't want any speculation or discussion about the person mentioned above btw, I'm giving it as an example but I don't want any more fuel added to the fire. When they've finished with their little ridiculous private war, I'll post all of the data on Foot.ie, including all of the documents I've received. Heed my warning though: speculate about it, and you're gone.

If you want to discuss the policy, you can do so here in this thread, I'd be only too delighted to talk to ye about it.

Adam
    There is an awful lot of comments being thrown about here. Chief you said yourself last week that Killumney made him an offer he couldn't refuse. You never said what that offer was. Still haven't, just ignored the question. Then u post that he has signed for coachford last night. What have coachford offered him? That would be my question. But it doesn't matter either way. The lad has made a decision. End of. Ps I'm sure his father could easily say who offered what + I have no doubt people would surprised. Shetland has a grudge against a certain team + that's fair enough. This forum is about opinions but lets keep the lies + bull out of it.
    Last edited by dahamsta; 08/09/2012 at 3:21 PM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    Lads, Did I see this forum's name change to "Rubbish"? In fairness, for one of his most active forums since its inception, we deserve better treatment than this.

Take our numbers out and see what your advertisers think......................cant imagine you telling them 100,000plus hits a year are gone though.

There are other sites in the same geographical area who name refs players and managers and tear them to shreds and I have yet to see one warning.
    Just remember, every kick makes me stronger and more determined. Indians always come back!

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Horse24 View Post
    With the greatest of respect, 12th Man, what do you define as proof? I have it from the horses mouth. Do you need me to post a recording of my conversation?
    For the benefit of anyone who is not familiar with the "Payment to players posts"

Anytime we allow a post to stand about players getting paid the owner of this site gets an email (registered letter a couple of times) from the club involved or the player involved saying they don't pay their players and to remove the post or face a legal action to make it be removed.

There is revenue implications (income tax) if it was happening so it's just simply not worth it for this site to allow allegations stand.

The owner of the site is dahamsta and you can take it up with him if you want (he won't bite you).

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the 12 th man View Post
    For the benefit of anyone who is not familiar with the "Payment to players posts"

Anytime we allow a post to stand about players getting paid the owner of this site gets an email (registered letter a couple of times) from the club involved or the player involved saying they don't pay their players and to remove the post or face a legal action to make it be removed.

There is revenue implications (income tax) if it was happening so it's just simply not worth it for this site to allow allegations stand.

The owner of the site is dahamsta and you can take it up with him if you want (he won't bite you).
    That happened after the forum name change? Was there names of clubs mentioned clearly?
    Just remember, every kick makes me stronger and more determined. Indians always come back!

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Horse24 View Post
    That happened after the forum name change? Was there names of clubs mentioned clearly?

It's happened many times over the years in various threads in Junior League but not as much of late since we asked people not to bring it up as it always ends up in a "flame war",trust me it's one of those things that always ends in tears.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    500 Posts
    Split from Cork AUL. Rubbish here. Note my comments in post #1.

Also Horse24, you saw the forum title change to Rubbish because something was split off to that forum when you clicked between pages. The forum was not renamed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    500 Posts
    For the illiterate amongst you -- discussion of the player payments policy is allowed on this thread. Anything else gets a week ban.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dahamsta View Post
    Split from Cork AUL. Rubbish here. Note my comments in post #1.

Also Horse24, you saw the forum title change to Rubbish because something was split off to that forum when you clicked between pages. The forum was not renamed.
    I and on behalf of a lot of people who agreed with me over the weekend, were referring to the "Forum Ban for Infractions" in the title of the forum. We are the only forum who have ever been warned?

We want that removed from the name of our League.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    Discuss players getting paid here.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts
    This is last year, see that thing called the time and date??

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Delightful thread for the taxman.