Quote Originally Posted by six-yard-box View Post
    no blarney 2-1 aswell im sure
    Thank god,was on the 4/7!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Midleton 1 blarney 2 after extra time. Blarney edged this tie over the 120 minutes midleton started brightly and played some good passing football in the opening 20 minutes. THey had a couple of half chances and really should have had a penalty before they opened the scoring through an own goal from a blarney defender. They probably deserved to lead at half time but to be honest blarney really took control of this game in the second half and scored a great equaliser early.

Blarney to me seemed to want the ball more and wanted to win all the 50/50 tackles even though the second half didn't have too many goalmouth incidents. In extra time Jonathan Coker scored the decisive winner with some sloppy defending from midleton. In fairness midleton only then started to dominate once they were behind and pushed a lot of players forward but didn't have any clear cut chances. Anthony Wolfe had one half chance which was unlucky not to go in .

too little to late for midleton three defeats on trot at home is not good . for me blarney just wanted this a little more on the night which is disappointing from a midleton perspective .

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    UCC 6-0 Ballincolllig this afternoon.
    Also heard Crumlin Utd went out last night at the hands of Toka Rovers.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    Great result today for leeside.wasnt any problems with dressing rooms today seamus

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefscout View Post
    Great result today for leeside.wasnt any problems with dressing rooms today seamus
    Was at that game yesterday Chief - a cracking cup tie. Leeside can count themselves vey fortunate to scrape through. They were 3 up & cruising. Larry Lee scored a free for Crosshaven & Leeside seemed to press the self destruct button. They turned from a decent footballing side into an ordinary very dirty side. Leeside dominated for an hour but Crosshaven penned them in for the final 30 minutes. Beezer scored one of the goals of the year with a brilliant overhead kick to make it 3-2. Leeside were reduced to 10 men when one of their centre backs was sent off for a headbutt on Beezer who then struck the post from the resulting free kick. Had Crosshaven managed to equalise they would have gone on to win the game. Didn't see any issue around changing rooms today & the game was played on the main pitch! Must say that Gettings for Leeside was the difference he was everywhere and was the reason Leeside went 3 up.
    It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Any results from this morning

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Everton 3-0 Tramore

Avondale 2-0 Fermoy
    Conor Meade penalty after 2 minutes and Marky Sull with about 10 minutes to go.
    Good to meet Clifford, his side played well with Mick rarely tested.
    Last edited by razor; 28/10/2012 at 12:50 PM.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

9. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Avondale 2-0 Fermoy

A penalty 2 min in to Avondale made an uphill task even more difficult for our lads. Dale scored it, but we went on to boss possession for most of the half. A few efforts on and off target but never really gave the keeper real trouble. Second half was quite even until about 10 from the end when Marky Sull scored after a slip at the back. Good tough game and Fermoy gave as good as they got. In all fairness I've been involved a long time at this and they are now nearly as dominant as the Rockmount team of 2003-8, very few weaknesses and huge depth.

Good to meet my man Razor again, took me a few secs lad but you'll forgive me as I was shouting the ref and linos down for a change!!!!
    Last edited by Clifford; 28/10/2012 at 1:14 PM.
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Ringmahon, Hall,Everton and Dale all gone through.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Any news of Corinthians game? They could be dark horses this year!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Mayfield 0 v 3 Corinthians
    Any reports on game?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty almighty View Post
    Mayfield 0 v 3 Corinthians
    Any reports on game?
    Was a total one sided game as the score line suggests.was a terrible showing from the home team..Corinthians are looking like a serious challenger for league and cup to Avondale.gamble has them fit,hungry and playing top football.a pleasure to watch

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefscout View Post
    Was a total one sided game as the score line suggests.was a terrible showing from the home team..Corinthians are looking like a serious challenger for league and cup to Avondale.gamble has them fit,hungry and playing top football.a pleasure to watch
    ya as chiefscout said corinthians bossed the game,our lads never showed up,gifted them the 1st 2 goals and the 3rd was a great header.corinthians do look good,but i can't see them taking avondale league off them,they could be a good bet for the intermediate cup if the draw is good to them

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mayfield utd View Post
    ya as chiefscout said corinthians bossed the game,our lads never showed up,gifted them the 1st 2 goals and the 3rd was a great header.corinthians do look good,but i can't see them taking avondale league off them,they could be a good bet for the intermediate cup if the draw is good to them

Wow, that is some scoreline. What is happening up in Mayfield? At the start of the season they were tipped to be struggling. They seem to be always tipped but dont deliver as the season goes on. They always give Rockmout, Avondale etc a great battle but dont turn up for other games. Its a pity really as they have some good players that deserve better. Maybe being out of this cup can focus their attention to the league?

Anyone know when the draw is for next round?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    Sneaky feeling for an upset tuesday night in whitechurch.el niño to get the better of six yard

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ballsac7 View Post
    Was at that game yesterday Chief - a cracking cup tie. Leeside can count themselves vey fortunate to scrape through. They were 3 up & cruising. Larry Lee scored a free for Crosshaven & Leeside seemed to press the self destruct button. They turned from a decent footballing side into an ordinary very dirty side. Leeside dominated for an hour but Crosshaven penned them in for the final 30 minutes. Beezer scored one of the goals of the year with a brilliant overhead kick to make it 3-2. Leeside were reduced to 10 men when one of their centre backs was sent off for a headbutt on Beezer who then struck the post from the resulting free kick. Had Crosshaven managed to equalise they would have gone on to win the game. Didn't see any issue around changing rooms today & the game was played on the main pitch! Must say that Gettings for Leeside was the difference he was everywhere and was the reason Leeside went 3 up.
    I weighed up what games were on at the weekend and after much deliberation I decided to take it in this game. It was a stunning day and surprisingly not as cold in Crosshaven as it was in Cork City but once again cronins was the venue for pre and apres match. First of all when I got there I noticed that Leeside were heavily depleted for the tie. They seemed to be missing at least 5 players. Leeside apparently came flying out of the blocks and were 2 up before 15 minutes but I only arrived after half and hour as I got the kick of times mixed up. I agree with ballsac that Crosshaven bossed the second half but to call Leeside dirty is a bit rich. Beezer was by far the best player on the pitch and really gave Leesides defence a real hard time but there was a lot of off the ball stuff it was just that players like o halloran and beezer were a bit cuter and got away with their antics. There were a fair few yellow cards brandished in the second half to leeside for a mixture of time wasting and heavy tackles but nothing dramatic or terrible as such. Leeside simply had to stand firm against a side who got had a lot of wind in their sails and they just could seem to hold onto the ball. Crosshaven kept coming at them and really made home advantage count. Crosshaven were very good in the second half and really threw the kitchen sink at Leeside. I didn't think the match got out of hand at all and the ref controlled it well. Red card fully deserved from were I was behind the goal and from that point on Leeside simply had to weather wave after wave of attacks by the home side all dictated by o halloran from the back. Any time leeside tried to slow the play down a yellow card was brandished which seemed unfair as Crosshaven were at it quite a lot in the first half. Crosshavens second whilst a great finish but youd have to see credit given to o halloran for getting on the ball and the quick dink over the top. All in all a good cup tie and Leeside live to fight another day and thats them unbeaten in 6 with 5 wins . As for dressing rooms, balls and pitches I believe all the boxes were ticked and nothing to be said in that department but I accept my own personal opinion on Crosshaven stemming form a munster junior cup game a few years ago governed my outburst the last time. There are just teams some of us harbour ill feeling for.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    When is the draw for the next round?

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Full Round Up

1 Avondale United FC 2-0 Fermoy AFC
    2 Ringmahon Rangers FC 2-2 Crofton Celtic FC AET, Ringmahon won 4-2 on pens
    3 Crosshaven AFC 2-3 Leeside AFC
    4 Everton AFC 3-0 Tramore Athletic FC
    5 Youghal United FC 1-2 St. Mary’s AFC
    6 Mallow United FC 0-1 Bandon AFC
    7 UCC AFC 6-1 Ballincollig AFC
    8 Midleton FC 1-2 Blarney United FC AET
    9 Rockmount AFC V Castleview AFC - Halloween Night
    10 Douglas Hall AFC 2-1 Kinsale AFC
    11 Mayfield United FC 0-3 College Corinthians AFC

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    I think it's during the week

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast