Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pussy Riot - Sinead O'Connor with better hair

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bennocelt View Post
    Good post but are they actually any good music wise?

(seen that one where they try to kiss policewoman, was very cringe worthy)
    Music-wise no, it's noise. Now, I'm no great critic, but our Nigel from Donegal does a good tune, but this lot, they've set out NOT to make music. I've met these folks on the street and some of their efforts make you think, but they are basically the type of toshpots who make sure that sport in Galway doesn't work. When we (myself and the Missus) had the misfortune to encounter them at a festival in Moscow - think of new age travelers with mangier dogs, and kids - I realised what we were looking at. Lads who weren't brave enough to try sports, were mammied to within an inch of their lives and are either a) f-ugly or b) talentless. So they call themselves artists and anarchists. The women carry bigger Daddy issues than the babies they lug around and will eventually (when they cut out the dope) clean up and go get a job in a bank. Other than that they're grand.

The video of the chicken steal was horrific, if that's considered art then, no, I can't comment further.

The cop kissing thing (I think it translates as Kiss a Pig) was really badly received and you can imagine if it was a guy doing such things to a male cop, or worse, to a female cop. Now, in fairness, Moscow policewomen are not the standard Templemore fare, they do look well, but you kind of grimace when you see it. The 2 younger women who were on trial last week were sought for this but the cops dropped the charges after the usual heads started complaining about rights etc.

I remember the museum orgy gig, and one of the old dears who worked at the museum. She commented something funny about one of the women being pregnant and not needing more "attention" (in russian it's quite rude). I may be wrong but a couple of days after the women gave birth. When that kid gets arrested for making a jacket out of their victims skins......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bennocelt View Post
    That rubbish that if they did it in a mosque, etc - why would they do that, they are not in Iran, they did it in Russia, and they have proved their point on free speech. Maybe not the best protest, but the sentence looks a tad bit extreme, 2 years for stupidity.
    I dunno. Whatever about the seemingly draconian sentence, would there have been such a moral outcry and outpouring of support for the Pussy Riot members' right to freedom of expression from the Western media had they been, say, a far-right group singing racist songs about immigration in a Moscow mosque? Would it even have been brought to our attention?

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts
    Danny it would have been brought to our attention, as another sign that Russia is a racist, backward state, that England should have been awarded the World Cup in 2018 and Putin had lost control. This was the perfect crime. The lads in the troupe ran away (they've been hiding since this all kicked off) and the women took the rap. Perfect P.R..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12