Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: American Football

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    Didn't Philly beat the crap out of Dallas on thanksgiving?

Fantasy playoffs tonight who's in ?- "Somewhere over the Dwayne Bowe" looking to progress to semi finals!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Yeah I shouldnt have said again.

Will Peyton call it day after the season?
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/...er-of-nfl-team

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    Better change his name to Johnny Punt-ball.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Not impressed with Broncos at all!

Real what do you say about the night game?
    Cowboys 27
    Eagles 24

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Some terrible officiating today.

Is Foles coming back this year? Sanchez looks like I remember him on the jets.

Johnny Football off to a terrible start in Cleveland. Almost like he is on the Jets!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Crosby87 View Post
    Real what do you say about the night game?
    Cowboys 27
    Eagles 24
    Don't remember saying anything about the first game! - I will say any win the 'boys get in December is a major surprise - I must watch it later.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Real ale Madrid View Post
    Didn't Philly beat the crap out of Dallas on thanksgiving?

Fantasy playoffs tonight who's in ?- "Somewhere over the Dwayne Bowe" looking to progress to semi finals!

Jay Cutler should make up the 13/14 you need to sneak through.

I on the other hand after going 12-2 in the reg season will be bowing out at first round of the play offs as usual. 130 or so points week in week out til this week, made a balls of the Wallace/Matthews call at kick off time and Shady has had a mare of a night last night let alone season. Unless Brees get's matched and then outscored by Forte and Lofton (DP) and Graham (K) can make up 30 points or so. Ha ha, no hope.

Fair play to Bohs roughrider, big score defense and defense player. Don't know if people enjoyed the def player or not this season. I'm not a fan, but happy to keep it as is going forward.
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Black Monday coming for a bunch of coaches.
    Rex Ryan, The Bears guy (take Cutler with him), Falcons. Raiders interim coach. SFs Harbaugh will move on. I think Philbin is done in Miami.
    No Somos muchos pero estamos locos.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Michigan offered Harbaugh 48 million. Can you imagine a public inst allegedly in the education biz paying someone that much to coach football? The sports world is so out of control.

I hope the Eagles somehow lose tonight.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    Had a minor heart attack last night when Beast Mode was apparently a non-starter due to an upset stomach - (needed 6 fantasy points) - thankfully he played a bit and played fairly well too!

So many things to talk about after yesterday.
    NFC:
    The mash up of 5 11-4 teams in the NFC is a tad confusing - who will be no.1 seed?
    Throw in Carolina and Atlanta in the playoff mix then ( 1 of those is going to host an 11 / 12 win team in the playoffs! )
    Green Bay v Detroit

AFC:
    Still a big game tonight Broncos @ Bengals
    Patriots fans need a change of underwear after that yesterday but if the Broncos lose tonight it's no1 seed time.
    Chargers OT win in San Fran was epic Saturday night - still work to do to get into play-offs.
    Steelers v Bengals (flexed to SNF)

foot.ie fantasy Nfl update:
    Somewhere over the Dwayne Bowe into the final and will face, in all probabilty, Pyro Folk - unless they become Pyro Choke !
    Last edited by Real ale Madrid; 22/12/2014 at 2:08 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Still playing fantasy on the last week? That's dicey.

After watching Peyton looking like he is playing hurt and watching Brady running for his life vs the Jets I think a under the radar team like the Steelers are going to sneak into the super bowl, and lose to Sea.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Have to comment on one of the strangest bowl games ever from earlier. Chippewas vs Hilltoppers from Bermuda in the Bermuda bowl. Rugby stadium or soccer, I couldn't tell. Maybe 1000 people in the stands. Windy as hell.
    One of them was winning 49-14. Late. I think Western Kentucky. So Central Michigan scores 34 straight points. In a snap. The last td for 6 is one of those desperate laterals crazy stuff that NEVER works and some of them were obviously forward laterals. But no flag. THEN the guy who ends up with it last dives into the end zone. Hard to see if he even got on the right side of the pylon.
    Zebras review it and somehow it stands.
    So its 49 48. And do they kick the extra point and go into OT? No! They go for 2! They go for the win. And don't get it!
    Crazy. One for the books.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts
    Have to comment on one of the strangest bowl games ever from earlier. Chippewas vs Hilltoppers from Bermuda in the Bermuda bowl. Rugby stadium or soccer, I couldn't tell. Maybe 1000 people in the stands. Windy as hell.
    One of them was winning 49-14. Late. I think Western Kentucky. So Central Michigan scores 34 straight points. In a snap. The last td for 6 is one of those desperate laterals crazy stuff that NEVER works and some of them were obviously forward laterals. But no flag. THEN the guy who ends up with it last dives into the end zone. Hard to see if he even got on the right side of the pylon.
    Zebras review it and somehow it stands.
    So its 49 48. And do they kick the extra point and go into OT? No! They go for 2! They go for the win. And don't get it!
    Crazy. One for the books.
    I switched on the tv here at the start of the 4th quarter. Amazing turnaround. I know it sounds a bit mad, but it seemed like WKU stepped off the gas a little, or deliberately, and the final throw of the dice (going for the 2 pt conversion) was set up. Great ending to a match. Love bowl season!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    You think it was fixed? Ha. Have you seen the 30 for 30 with the late Henry Hill about fixing boston college bball games in the 1980s? Its really good.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts
    It's one I wanted to see (the Hill docu), nothing would surprise me, though I think in the Bahamas it was more about making it interesting and noteworthy - like Steve Davis vs Denis Taylor, or the Falklands War for Maggie's grip on power. But it was a good game.

Now watching Duke trying to survive and win a first bowl game since 1961! A friend of mine, from here, is a senior in Duke. Good game so far.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    A guy from my high school, a few years older; John Donovan, is the O coordinator of Penn St.
    Great guy. Put years in at Maryland.mI'm worried, he moved his family to happy valley, has little kids......I wish they would score some pts here. They are calling for his head on the websites. Great Irish family BTW. His sister was my babysitter. They wouldn't fire him after one year I hope.

17. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts
    Penn State are linked with Pittsburgh and the Irish Rooney's? They're moving the ball well now. Russian tv is covering it, I want to support PS but BC have Murphy at qb and are kind of Irish. And......just a yard short! Equaliser coming up!

WOrld is very, very small!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Yeah, right? How was the duke game? Had to work today. Nice crowd at yankee stadium, I make fun of this game but it is full. Nice weather today helpful.
    Murph has a decent arm. What year is he? BC fell off the nyc sports map when they left the big east years ago. I never hear **** about them. Oh murph can run?

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts
    Yeah, right? How was the duke game? Had to work today. Nice crowd at yankee stadium, I make fun of this game but it is full. Nice weather today helpful.
    Murph has a decent arm. What year is he? BC fell off the nyc sports map when they left the big east years ago. I never hear **** about them. Oh murph can run?
    Duke couldn't hold on. They played well but the 1st and 3rd quarters did for them.

Yankee Stadium was packed, the commentators said it sold out within 72 hours! And it was a good match up. I think they said he is a Senior. He was able to move his line quite well, but Penn State were very determined and dogged.

USC beat Nebraska by 3, which ruined my night. If the cornhuskers had turned up in the 2nd quarter I would have had a very, very good night!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts
    Poor old Cleveland. Gotta love this town. Great films for baseball and football (Major League, Draft Day), but the football team look in tatters. 3rd QB of the season and 2nd debutant. And they've a wee lad 5'8" and 12 stone playing wide receiver who just got laid out. Have an awful feeling that rugby is heading this way fast - collision, collision, collision.

Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast