Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: American Football

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    401 Posts
    Yes this college fb slate is great! Pro fb is looking good this weekend too.

Irish will have challenges with that stupid 1920 GT offense and the respected coach who even had success while making his name at Navy. Still....GT has played two patsies amd its going to be different in southbend. One thing about this new QB...he is 6'4 240. That's pretty f-n big. Still, I realize the starting qb, rb and TE are all done for Notre Dame, but they never do anything easy. Ever. So this fits.

Alabama looking for revenge vs Ole Miss. Watch out. Auburn looking to save the season vs LSU.
    No Somos muchos pero estamos locos.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    Well that's the Cowboys done this year! .... and no - don't back against the Pats! I was happy - the Skins finally on the board 1-1 but it will be interesting on thursday night against the big blue and Eli - I think Green Bay will finally come out of the NFC this year but will they get it done in the super bowl?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    401 Posts
    Green Bay look good. Steelers offense might be the best in the nfl. That Cardinals team is going to be tough if Carson stays healthy.

Nice win for Notre Dame. Should put 50 or so on Umass which amounts to a bye.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Crosby87 View Post
    Green Bay look good. Steelers offense might be the best in the nfl. That Cardinals team is going to be tough if Carson stays healthy.

Nice win for Notre Dame. Should put 50 or so on Umass which amounts to a bye.
    Agreed re. The Cards - Steelers best offense ? Mental - it was never that bad anyway , but the best in the league? No.

Good solid win for ND - I'll stand by my GT prediction for the ACC. Watched BC / FSU Friday night as well - as I'm a big BC fan - dreadful to watch - DEF on top and Golson doesn't look like a top QB to me. If he was that good he would have stayed in South Bend.

Quote Originally Posted by swinfordfc View Post
    Well that's the Cowboys done this year! .... and no - don't back against the Pats! I was happy - the Skins finally on the board 1-1 but it will be interesting on thursday night against the big blue and Eli - I think Green Bay will finally come out of the NFC this year but will they get it done in the super bowl?
    Washington could win the NFC East this year - The Eagles are 0-2, the Giants are officially done and the Cowboys are broken for this year. 8 or 9 wins could be enough.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Real ale Madrid View Post
    Washington could win the NFC East this year - The Eagles are 0-2, the Giants are officially done and the Cowboys are broken for this year. 8 or 9 wins could be enough.
    Oh wait - way to early - especially with the Redskins - Thuesday night will tell us alot about them - against the Giants away - Giants not done yet but need to sort out they timing issues big time! The Jets defence lloks very good last night!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by swinfordfc View Post
    Oh wait - way to early - especially with the Redskins - Thuesday night will tell us alot about them - against the Giants away - Giants not done yet but need to sort out they timing issues big time! The Jets defence lloks very good last night!
    True but 2 weeks ago you would have said they were last out of 4, now they have a real chance in the divison. I was impressed with them on Sunday. Rams are a good team.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    401 Posts
    Giants could be (should be?) 2 and 0 and if they win on Thurs they are right back in it. Dez and now Romo out, Boys put Romo on STir meaning he can't come back til nov 22 the soonest. College coach in Philly could lose that locker room.

Colts are a disaster. What a terrible job that GM did in a supporting cast for Luck.

Why are the Eagles favored at Met Life with the Jets this weekend? Bizarre line.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    Giants could be (should be?) 2 and 0 and if they win on Thurs they are right back in it. Dez and now Romo out, Boys put Romo on STir meaning he can't come back til nov 22 the soonest. College coach in Philly could lose that locker room.

Colts are a disaster. What a terrible job that GM did in a supporting cast for Luck.

Why are the Eagles favored at Met Life with the Jets this weekend? Bizarre line.
    Your def a Giants fan and not a Jets fan anyhow

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    401 Posts
    Nah I like the jets. I just think the nfc east could be won at 7-9 which is silly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    Nah I like the jets. I just think the nfc east could be won at 7-9 which is silly.
    The 4 teams in it are over-hyped (Cowboys and Eagles) espercially .... and they all not that good in fairest!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    401 Posts
    Totally agree. There is big trouble brewing in Philly. And now Witten hobbled for dallas. Maybe the giants will lose tonight if wash can run it down their throats. Wash would be thrilled to be 2-1.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    Giants win 32-23 - still think Washington can make a run at that division, albeit not having seen the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    401 Posts
    I watched the first half. Giants started with a safety right off then were up 15 3. its funny all week the media here was like Eli is done....Eli is out of his prime....now its like Eli is back. Giants have a real shot...thats the nfl.

Can you imagine if Chicago with the back up can somehow win in Seattle and put them at 0-3? Not likely I know.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    The Giants are ok - they were gifted that game last night! The Redskins were the same old redskins - if they are really serious about going further - then get rid of the 3 qb's and start again. The defence is ok but get rid of hall - always injured. The special team alas got a great touch down but they need to sort out they punt kicking. The game was over after 6 minutes last night!

The Giants have a good chance of winning the East Division now - so we see.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    401 Posts
    Interesting Swiny, why do you think they were gifted the game?

Ok gents i cant move bc of the pope so lets look at this week a little closely.

So...some team who is 0 and 2 is going to win and make a run. Right? Who had a chance and is done at 0 and 3 and who will win?
    Colts.
    Ravens.
    Eagles.
    Saints.
    Lions.
    Seahawks.

Here are the games:
    1. Colts @ Tenn. Colts -3. So...an 0 2 team is FAVORED on the road.
    2.Ravens -2.5 Cincy. Cincy 2 and 0 Ravens 0 and 2. Takes guts to bet Cincy in Baltimore. But they are looking good. No?
    3.Philly @ Jets. That line moved. Jets now favored by 2. I think the Eagles are done.
    4.New Orleans @ Carolina. Carolina favored by 3. What can i say. New Orleans is slipping into the Abyss. Do they rally. Does Brees play and go buck wild? I'm tempted to take the Saints.
    5. Ahh...the Lions. Weird game. Peyton Manning and his boys favored by 3 at Detroit. Thats the late sunday nighter. I dont like that game betting wise. Lions QB Stafford is limping and may have a lost year. Or maybe he gears it up at home. Know what? Im betting Lions.
    6. Seattle. I'm tired of Pete. I'm tired of Seattle. They are minus 14.5. Go ahead if you want, they may win big. The Bears are horrible. Ex Irish Jimmy Clausen at qb if Cutler can't play. Jimmy was a gamer but as an Irish fan...I don't know where to start.

Sorry if that was too long chaps...let me know what you think!
    Last edited by Crosby87; 25/09/2015 at 11:22 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    No strong opinions except to say no way do the Ravens go 0-3.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    Interesting Swiny, why do you think they were gifted the game?

Ok gents i cant move bc of the pope so lets look at this week a little closely.

So...some team who is 0 and 2 is going to win and make a run. Right? Who had a chance and is done at 0 and 3 and who will win?
    Colts.
    Ravens.
    Eagles.
    Saints.
    Lions.
    Seahawks.

Here are the games:
    1. Colts @ Tenn. Colts -3. So...an 0 2 team is FAVORED on the road.
    2.Ravens -2.5 Cincy. Cincy 2 and 0 Ravens 0 and 2. Takes guts to bet Cincy in Baltimore. But they are looking good. No?
    3.Philly @ Jets. That line moved. Jets now favored by 2. I think the Eagles are done.
    4.New Orleans @ Carolina. Carolina favored by 3. What can i say. New Orleans is slipping into the Abyss. Do they rally. Does Brees play and go buck wild? I'm tempted to take the Saints.
    5. Ahh...the Lions. Weird game. Peyton Manning and his boys favored by 3 at Detroit. Thats the late sunday nighter. I dont like that game betting wise. Lions QB Stafford is limping and may have a lost year. Or maybe he gears it up at home. Know what? Im betting Lions.
    6. Seattle. I'm tired of Pete. I'm tired of Seattle. They are minus 14.5. Go ahead if you want, they may win big. The Bears are horrible. Ex Irish Jimmy Clausen at qb if Cutler can't play. Jimmy was a gamer but as an Irish fan...I don't know where to start.

Sorry if that was too long chaps...let me know what you think!
    Gifted as skins give them a 9pts lead within the first 5 mins - a touch back and a pick throw! ... then throw in the jones fumble as you are going into for touch down and then cousins under throwing twice to reed when he was wide open for touch down ---- just crazy stuff... he should be gone!

AND Philly not done .... going by tonight so far. Wow Jets ... what going on there!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    401 Posts
    Jets looked terrible to start the game.
    Arizona put 2 defensive tds on SF in about 10 seconds!
    That knee injury to Big Ben could be it for Pitt.
    Ravens lose again....whats going on there.
    Still think Colts suck.
    Atlanta the surprise of the league.
    Pats roll. Why even make Jax travel to NE? Should have just forfited.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    Atlanta the surprised of the league so far ... and they have the Redskins at home next ... should be another win cause skins are hopeless on the road. However they did win against the eagles at home! The East is wide open but my money would be on the Giants to win it!

Jets won in London yestarday but i thought they would win in fairest.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    401 Posts
    Yeah miami fired the coach on the plane ride home.
    Too many injuries to players like Romo right now making for some awful games!

Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast