Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Longford Town v Finn Harps

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts

Longford Town v Finn Harps

Well lads, was just wondering what's the ticket prices for town home games this season?
    Bus load of us coming down on Saturday and a few lads were wondering what's the prices.
    Looking forward to what should be a good game of football too and a bit of craic.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

International Prospect bennocelt's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    I might be heading to this as well - any bars that are good for a pre match pint?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    well lads, great to have a travelling support coming down. Tickets are 10e adults and I think 8e for students / oaps...
    Of late we have been meeting up in foxs on richmond street (opposite longford arms hotel - on way out to ground) away support more than welcome.
    Safe trip lads

4. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bennocelt View Post
    I might be heading to this as well - any bars that are good for a pre match pint?
    Half wondered this myself until I remembered Flancare Park is in the middle of nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabs88 View Post
    well lads, great to have a travelling support coming down. Tickets are 10e adults and I think 8e for students / oaps...
    Of late we have been meeting up in foxs on richmond street (opposite longford arms hotel - on way out to ground) away support more than welcome.
    Safe trip lads
    Great stuff! Will see what time we arrive down. I'd imagine we'll be stopping in town for a bit of grub anyway so we could end up in foxs. Depends completely on time and traffic however, but I'll make the suggestion surely.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Looking forward to this, my first trip to Flancare and my first Harps away day (excluding Derry, Sligo & Monaghan) in a 3 or 4 years. Have 13 confirmed for a bus with another few to get back to me. Will most likely be a few car loads travelling down and maybe a few from Dublin too

So Fox's is the spot for a pre match bevvy. It far from the ground?
    Where is the best place for a bite in the town, nothing to fancy just a decent chipper/pizza joint etc?
    54 Crew-Finn Harps FC Supporters Club
    Following Harps Home & Away
    https://www.facebook.com/54CrewFHFC

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    812 Posts
    Ah it's brilliant to hear yere bringing an away crowd lads. I wasn't looking forward to the next 2 home games as much as usual because I thought it would be very quiet but it's great to hear yere coming down. My favorite game from last season is still the fai cup replay I never experienced an atmosphere like it so more of the same. Safe travel lads.
    BetweenTheStripes.net - Home of Between the Stripes LOI podcast.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Hopefully there should be about 30 or 40 Harps fans in the ground in total. Miss the aul away games so I'm delighted that we're able to get numbers together for a busload this time.

We'll most likely meet ye in Fox's so!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Neish View Post
    Looking forward to this, my first trip to Flancare and my first Harps away day (excluding Derry, Sligo & Monaghan) in a 3 or 4 years. Have 13 confirmed for a bus with another few to get back to me. Will most likely be a few car loads travelling down and maybe a few from Dublin too

So Fox's is the spot for a pre match bevvy. It far from the ground?
    Where is the best place for a bite in the town, nothing to fancy just a decent chipper/pizza joint etc?
    Its probably the closest pub to the ground, but still about 3km away... Eh if your looking for pizza macari's on ballymahon street your best bet, but few places do nice pub grub aswell, market bar and pvs both on Ballymahon street. Not as good as Navenny Grill mind!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts
    It all promises to be proper nawty.
    Roddy Collins, the biggest <insert as appropiate> in Irish Football.

11. Thanks From:

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    You know it geeze
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

13. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts
    I challenge any member of the Harps crew to a game of 'ooligan chess....

('ooligan chess uses the rules of draughts and a bit of snakes and ladders thrown in)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Only if there's real snakes and real ladders.

16. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts
    Sure ST Patrick banished the real ones... I can arrange a ladder though.

18. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    I'll bring the snakes so. Down to the local pet shop.

20. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    16 confirmed for the bus now. Leaving Ballybofey at 3pm so should be in Longford for about 6(taking pi*s stops etc into account). See you all in Foxs
    54 Crew-Finn Harps FC Supporters Club
    Following Harps Home & Away
    https://www.facebook.com/54CrewFHFC

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    great to hear few making the journey.. foxes it is so
    ▒▓███ L █ T █ F █ C ███▓▒

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    812 Posts
    Don't usually post after a game because I like to let emotions cool and digest what I've seen but tonight our very realistic title hopes died and died for good. We haven't played well in months now and if I'm correct that is now the 4th home game in a row we have failed to win.

Tonight was without doubt the worst performance all season and we can blame the ref like we always do or we can simply look at the facts that the tactics are sh1te, players are in the wrong positions and we still don't have a goal scoring striker. Poor old Gary Shaw is worked like a dog every week having to chase ridicolus long balls. Tonight there was no width and when michael lee did find space they wouldn't give him the ball. There was no midfielder willing to get it down and pass and that meant we had to play hoofball like we've been doing for months.

Tommo Crawley is a talent and one of our best players but he is not a striker he is a winger and bermo is a striker not a midfielder it makes no sense playing them where they are playing.

I love Alan Kirby he is a club legend and always will be but what is wrong with him?

I'm not trying to rant or aimlessly criticise players but tonight was just depressing as was the attendance yes the boxing was on but I never expected that bad of a crowd....there was around 50 in the stand, atmosphere was awful until last few minutes.

Just want to say I hope to God Noel Haverty is ok he was extremely brave and commited in going for that ball and it was terrible to see him taken away on a stretcher. Not only that but do we even have a fit right back to replace him?

Not looking forward to next week will probably be about 100 at it.

24. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Was very surprised to see Alan Kirby playing so badly. Didn't expect that at all.

Was very surprised also at the crowd, boxing or not.

However, really enjoyed the pre-match pints in Fox's. Great little spot, good to meet a few lads from Section O. We were lucky to come away with 3 points, but it was a hard fought victory in the end up. Not a classic match by any standard, but we'll take it with how many injuries we have.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    812 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Was very surprised to see Alan Kirby playing so badly. Didn't expect that at all.

Was very surprised also at the crowd, boxing or not.

However, really enjoyed the pre-match pints in Fox's. Great little spot, good to meet a few lads from Section O. We were lucky to come away with 3 points, but it was a hard fought victory in the end up. Not a classic match by any standard, but we'll take it with how many injuries we have.
    Kirbs hasn't been right since he came back I'm afraid it such a shame to see a great player like that struggling. Fair play to the Harps fans that traveled when ye got going ye made some great noise and that drummer ye had is very good

I was saying to a couple of people after the match what a strong Harps side I thought that was and that when ye did start passing it you were quite good and I would be very surprised if you aren't challenging next season.

What injuries do ye have? Like I said I thought that was a very string side so the fact ye have players missing shows that if ye can keep those players together next season could be great for ye.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Injury list at the minute off the top of my head,

Stephen O'Donnell, Michael Funston, Blaine Curtis, Hugh Carlin, Mark Scoltock, Gary Merritt, Chris Breen, Ryan Lonergan..and Thomas McBride suspended for another 3 games of a 7 game ban.

Kevin McHugh also suspended for next weeks game in Limerick. Thomas McMonagle came off injured too last night. I believe there is still a few more injuries, just can't think of them.

Both Mark Scoltock and Michael Funston were signed in the transfer window, yet both are now already injured. Of that list, 3 of them are cruciate injuries that have the 3 players out for the season. About 10 appearances between them this season.

28. Thanks From:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast