Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: don't go stephen kenny !!!

Stevo

Unhappy don't go stephen kenny !!!

saw on the soccer central web site & a number of papers that bohs are interestred in replacing mahon with our own stephen kenny

can see them being even more interested if we beat them in the league & cup over the next 2 weeks....so i reckon a draw in the league & a win in cup will do the job

don't do it stpehen we're going 2 stay up this season & next season we'll b the team 2 beat !!!

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Wouldn't be that convinced. They'll have to get a big name (eg Whelan or Aldo) to keep the fans happy. And there is the whole point that Bohs aren't a club that's well run or shows much ambition, as a lot of Bohs fans are complaining about.
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts
    Thought the Bohs fans were pretty unfair on the guy, this is the man who helped them to the double last year, fair enough, they're in a bad position right now, but its not as if they're in a dogfight (will be now though!!). And before a vital cup tie too. I suggest Buckley takes over, but what crap manager will take over at Scumlone then!!!
    'Fascists dress in black and go round telling people what to do, where as priests.....'

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    No - I think the Bohs fans were well within their rights to call for him to go. It was wrong that some overstepped the mark with the personal abuse, and allegedly targetted members of his family - but the Mahon Out chants are fair enough.
    Fans are the main stakeholders in a club, and if they are not happy with a manager or a player they are within their rights - they only have the best interests of the club at heart.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    You guys should be careful of the 'New Manager' syndrome now though!
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    How about Doolin. You would have to say his record since taking over is great. However your right, I think we should be careful of it. Last summer, after the FAI cup final, I heard it in Dayler that Roddy was on his way out, and Stephan Kenny was to take his place. a renewed rumour about Macca may not be that far of if Kenny was to go either.

Also, how many people believe Stephen Kenny wouldn't realish a fresh challenge after taking Longford to a FAI cup final and Europe. (Despite his enthusiasm over the pending developments at Longford) . But I don't think he'ld leave mid-season.

However Liam O'Brien has to be favourite to take hold of Bohs for the rest of the season (depending) and a permanant decision at the end of the season. When I think Stephen Kenny would be a greater risk to lose. That depends on speculation about Ronnie Whelen.

Stephen Kenny is the second longest serving manager in the eL. (after Devlin)
    Last edited by Xlex; 06/12/2001 at 10:20 AM.
    Reporter: "Gordan, can we have a quick word?"
    Strachan:"Velocity"

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Originally posted by Xlex
    However Liam O'Brien has to be favourite to take hold of Bohs for the rest of the season (depending) and a permanant decision at the end of the season.
    I agree, BLOB to takeover til end of season & Kenny to move then as he ain't gonna stay with Longford for ever anyway.

I think Crowe may be sold soon too as be hard to get him to renew contract with manager situation uncertain. However the appointment of a high profile manager like Whelan might convince Crowe to stay?
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    I agree, BLOB to takeover til end of season & Kenny to move then as he ain't gonna stay with Longford for ever anyway.
    i seriously don't think Stepho will go to Bohs, and I don't think he would be accepted by the Jodi F&G mob. They want a big name, and the Bohs Management Committee will want to cling to power. Too much sh!te going on in the back ground at Bohs, whereas at Longford he has near total control. I'd say when or if Dolo moves upstairs then we'll see the real danger of Kenny moving on.

Gerry Desmond
    Originally posted by Macy

I'd say when or if Dolo moves upstairs then we'll see the real danger of Kenny moving on.
    Dolo's been upstairs, the problem there is that he seems to prefer the ground floor...

Ain't managerial speculation great...

Gerry

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by Gerry Desmond

Dolo's been upstairs, the problem there is that he seems to prefer the ground floor...

Dolo's, he's everywhere

They accepted Mahon and he wasn't as large as Roddy. You can say Kenny has a good track record. Are Bohs fans as fragile as they are made out to be. Mahon hadn't much luck with injuries and the loss of Maher. Fair enough they called for his head and when the powers that be ignored them, they got personal but to dismiss Stephan Kenny is strange. Every other manager in the top flight is as safe as houses (with few exceptions) and Bohs fans certainly couldn't want others.

How would Cork feel if Gunter went??

Gerry Desmond
    Originally posted by Xlex

How would Cork feel if Gunter went??
    Better ask Éanna that...

There's a fair number posting on the CCFC forum calling for his head, unhappy as they are with our lot...

Gerry

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Heard Whelen turned down the Boez. They're interested in aldridge.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts
    He didnt rule it out though, summer might see Whelan move in, but can Bohs wait that long?
    'Fascists dress in black and go round telling people what to do, where as priests.....'

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    I've just heard from a Dublin contact that Stepho was interviewed for the Bohs job yesterday.....

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts

Cool

Just heard from a reliable source that the rumours flying around are bullsh!t. Thank Fcuk for that....

Stevo
    lets hope bohs do get aldridge appartently they are in talks with him cos if stephen went i think it could all go down the ****ter

lets all give stephen supporter over the next couple of games & make him know how much we want him 2 leave & how much we consider him a ledend !!!!

"we'll drink our drink our drink our drink 2 stephen the king the king the king !!!!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Bullsh*t rumours

Yep!!! Think we all agree on that one. The speculation about Stevo is all just hearsay, and i dont mean the crappy Popstars band either!!!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    why thank a company that makes clothes for that - that's what i want to know
    "I don’t want to tempt fate, but Thierry Henry is not having one of his best nights." - RTE co-commentator Jim Beglin, minutes before TH struck the stunning winner.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Thumbs up

I dont have a fcuking clue.....

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Kenny becomes a Gypsy

Stephen Kenny has agreed to replace Pete Mahon as manager of Bohs. Kenny has been in negotiations with the Dubliners all day - just 24 hours before the two teams meet in a crucial game in the eircom Premier Division. Former Republic of Ireland striker John Aldridge was also interviewed by Bohs from a short-list of three. Kenny’s departure from Longford is a shattering blow for the Midlanders. He is in his fourth season in charge at Flancare Park but it is believed he has been made an offer he couldn’t possibly refuse. Pete Mahon stepped down as manager of the Gypsies on Monday after a run of just one win in 13 games. inthenet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast