Thread: team buses for loi teams

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

if

Quote Originally Posted by Spudulika View Post
    The Airtricity league is not finished in Galway, 2 teams are playing, and they do have people attending. Bitching and carping at the 2 clubs does nothing to help the situation, only show up the LOI "fans" for what everyone thinks them to be. Bigoted knackers who aren't good enough to get into GAA or Rugby clubs (it's total crap, some of the biggest scumbags I've met at rugby matches and I have been appalled at GAA "fan" behaviour many times). Personally I want to see Galway United in the league, I never wanted to see them leave, nobody did. But give this anti-Mervue/SD Galway crap a rest. When you have to do down rivals so much it shows you have zero confidence in your own set up. Such sentiment runs all the way up to fervent nationalism.

if you think a club that can muster 24 of their own supporters for a home game isnt a sign of unsustainability, lack of interest and wlll finish bottom 3 years in a row, fair enough.
    My opinion of Mervue Utd my own parish is that they are an excellent club, real football culture, do their own thing, have great winning history locally and dont change their name on a whim.
    The problem though is not many others in a huge county geographically will not be attracted to support a club that competes with them every weekend at some level or other.
    Im afraid i cant stand the other crowd as they went out to politically completely kill off a club in a deal with former Galway United people then set about its decent supporters by reporting them as troublemakers at an Irish international and complained the club wasnt entitled to print a programme for last nights junior representative team, all that is silly **** but it hasnt worked.
    24 salthill supporters at home against a promotion chasing side in the Airtricity League last friday at the home of football in Galway Terryland. There was more at the Novena in Salthill church

Anyway about the Bus. Fair play, couldnt imagine a Rovers bus heading through inchicore or cabra being waved at too often
    Last edited by geezer; 29/07/2012 at 6:38 PM.

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    586 Posts
    I'd love to see Galway United back, but nothing turns me against the GUST project more then this section of fans who just will not stop complaining about Mervue and Salthill.
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

3. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    288 Posts
    I'd be surprised if even the top teams in Europe have their own buses. Clubs have enough to worry about without having to keep a bus serviced. Much better to just pick up the phone and say where and when you want a bus and where you need it to go. GUST were paying a flat fee of €500 a match to bring the team to matches (because guess who never paid the bills) no matter where the bus was going.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverFeltBetter View Post
    I'd love to see Galway United back, but nothing turns me against the GUST project more then this section of fans who just will not stop complaining about Mervue and Salthill.
    Maybe, but some posters on here are blowing the whole hing out of proportion. Any GUST head that gives the actual attendance at Mervue or Salthill matches is chastised. They're only giving the actual figure, big deal. Those that continue to put up the extratime figures as the actual ones are worse.

Also, Mervue seem to be wrongly included in this also. I think you'll find most of the resentment is directed towards Salthill. What they did behind the scenes to route out United was disgraceful. How are we supposed to be happy for a club that tried to steal our image, ground and colours.

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,010 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gufc2000 View Post
    Maybe, but some posters on here are blowing the whole hing out of proportion. Any GUST head that gives the actual attendance at Mervue or Salthill matches is chastised. They're only giving the actual figure, big deal.
    But people have beem pointing out the nonsense in their official attendances for a few years now. Everybody knows they're inflated. Nobody believes them. Yet some GUST fans have only started to point this out recently, as part of a blatantly obvious and completely retarded campaign to badmouth the two teams whenever possible.

This doesn't apply to all GUST fans, many of whom have said nothing at all, but there are a few total morons posting who are obviously annoying a lot of non-Galway LOI fans, including me.

7. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    288 Posts
    If you don't give a damn what the actual attendance was, don't reply to the post and just skip past them. You think we are whining? Do you know what irony is?

Anyway, owning a bus or buses is too much of a hassle and for it to be more economical than just hiring one, you'd have to have it working for you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Can we get back on topic and discuss whether or not Billy Baxter drove the Longford bus

10. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gufcfan View Post
    I'd be surprised if even the top teams in Europe have their own buses. Clubs have enough to worry about without having to keep a bus serviced. Much better to just pick up the phone and say where and when you want a bus and where you need it to go. GUST were paying a flat fee of €500 a match to bring the team to matches (because guess who never paid the bills) no matter where the bus was going.
    Quote Originally Posted by gufcfan View Post

Anyway, owning a bus or buses is too much of a hassle and for it to be more economical than just hiring one, you'd have to have it working for you.
    Mervue don't own the bus, they pay for the advertising on it. I help with buses for my daughters school through Farrells and it is the buses with the advertising for mervue, connaught rugby etc., that always show up.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

billy drove

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Mervue don't own the bus, they pay for the advertising on it. I help with buses for my daughters school through Farrells and it is the buses with the advertising for mervue, connaught rugby etc., that always show up.
    billy drove the bus alright

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Another thread hijacked... I suppose the lack of something to do on a Friday night would cause me to lose all sense of perspective too.

On topic edit: On the subject at hand I'd agree that owning a bus should be well down a club's list of priorities. There is no club in the country that couldn't spend their money on better things. It's no coincidence that only Wallace, a man whose love of himself is only matched by his love of grandiose vanity gestures, has wheeled one out.
    Last edited by sadloserkid; 30/07/2012 at 12:37 PM.
    The ball is round and has many surprises.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sadloserkid View Post
    Another thread hijacked... I suppose the lack of something to do on a Friday night would cause me to lose all sense of perspective too.

Jesus we are not from Limerick we do have girlfriends, wives and lifes to keep us busy.
    Last edited by gordongekko; 30/07/2012 at 8:01 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gordongekko View Post
    Jesus we are not from Limerick we do have girlfriends, wifes and lifes to keep us busy.
    Yes, but no football
    I have scattered my dreams underneath your feet, tread carefully, cos it's my dreams you walk on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Redzer View Post
    Yes, but no football

With all the threads ye complain we hijack do ye not listen to us at all. We played Port Vale last saturday, Have Chick game in 3 weeks and the under 19 league starts 2nd september with a home game in Eamonn Deacy Park v Mervue United.
    Last edited by gordongekko; 30/07/2012 at 8:00 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts
    Jesus we are not from Limerick we do have girlfriends, wifes and lifes to keep us busy.
    I just got a call there from Salthill, they're bringing 4 coach loads of fans up for the game on Friday night in Finn Park.

Great fans.

I don't think they own the buses they're travelling in though
    Last edited by Sam_Heggy; 30/07/2012 at 7:47 PM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

see

[QUOTE=Sam_Heggy;1615588]I just got a call there from Salthill, they're bringing 4 coach loads of fans up for the game on Friday night in Finn Park.

will you think its funny when someone from finn harps jumps ship attains high office moves to letterkenny rovers and tries to burn your history, dump you out of your ground, hide all the signs with finn harps on them, reports your fans for causing trouble at internationals put in a team wearing your blue jersey and call it letterkenny finn harps or fanad harps.
    Then when you are punch drunk from all that and try to keep things going, do their damdest to stop you setting up a football club, try prevent any form of competition and try to prevent you producing a programme and call you naive natives

We are out of football because we are supporters, the lads that visit finn park and away grounds everyone else, directors, former members with new found love, players, coaches, referees, expense merchantsand people who love sucking the game dry are still in, well it smells **** down here and i hope no other genuine loi followers are targeted in such a malicious way again.

Loads of clubs got up to lots of shenanigans and Galway United was its own worst enemy but the genuine supporters were filleted and yes we are bitter, angry and will keep going for as long as it takes

ffs
    Last edited by geezer; 30/07/2012 at 8:11 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts
    In fairness, we've had quite a few people jump ship to Letterkenny Rovers and try to help them "replace" us in the League (long story).

Sh!t happens, we have to move on.

I'm pretty sure complaining in every thread possible on foot.ie isn't going to help GUST's cause.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Heggy View Post
    I'm pretty sure complaining in every thread possible on foot.ie isn't going to help GUST's cause.

tis only the internet, cant do any harm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts
    tis only the internet, cant do any harm
    t'internet is the work of the divil.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    305 Posts
    GUST supporters :

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,393 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geezer View Post
    will you think its funny when someone from finn harps jumps ship attains high office moves to letterkenny rovers and tries to burn your history, dump you out of your ground, hide all the signs with finn harps on them, reports your fans for causing trouble at internationals put in a team wearing your blue jersey and call it letterkenny finn harps or fanad harps.
    Then when you are punch drunk from all that and try to keep things going, do their damdest to stop you setting up a football club, try prevent any form of competition and try to prevent you producing a programme and call you naive natives
    Yeah..I don't think it's funny either. Didn't think it was funny when some folk actually did similar to that from Harps to Letterkenny Rovers.

There's plenty of people who do it to every club. Christ you're not the only ones.

I remember giving my full support to GUST when they were trying to put their club together for this season, but christ, I'm almost disliking them altogether now.

You're doing yourselves no favours.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast