Thread: Ryan McLoughlin

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Ryan McLoughlin

Hey lads,
    Was flicking through the stations last night and saw the 1st half of Liverpool's game against Roma. Ryan started the game and from what I saw was excellent.

Hopefully the FAI are following this up. this lad could be very special.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Didnt his brother play for NI and another thread already on him.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_oshea View Post
    Didnt his brother play for NI and another thread already on him.
    Think it was being discussed in Robbie Brady thread. Thought the lad was special enough to warrant his own thread

4. Thanks From:

International Prospect tricky_colour's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    managed to find the game and am downloading first half

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts
    Just seen that Ryan has been called in to the NI squad at 17. Good luck to the lad regardless of who he plays with. He's obviously a big ROI fan going by his euro 2012 tweets, so it would be a shame to lose out on him.

Wonder does Trap even know of him? I bet he hasn't an iota who he is, despite the fact he is considered one of the best academy talents in British football and pretty much every Liverpool fan reckons Ryan and Sterling will break in to the 1st team in the next 18 months. I really think the more personalised approach of the North compared to how Trap and the FAI conduct themselves will mean we could lose out to a few more lads like Ryan.

The North will move hell and earth to get the best Nationalist players to play for them. Obviously, he isn't good enough for international footy yet and you could say it's cynical from the North, but if you were Ryan or his family you couldn't help but be thinking to yourself, this manager really rates me and wants me to play for them. I do think it counts alot.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts
    Just seen that Ryan has been called in to the NI squad at 17. Good luck to the lad regardless of who he plays with. He's obviously a big ROI fan going by his euro 2012 tweets, so it would be a shame to lose out on him.

Wonder does Trap even know of him? I bet he hasn't an iota who he is, despite the fact he is considered one of the best academy talents in British football and pretty much every Liverpool fan reckons Ryan and Sterling will break in to the 1st team in the next 18 months. I really think the more personalised approach of the North compared to how Trap and the FAI conduct themselves will mean we could lose out to a few more lads like Ryan.

The North will move hell and earth to get the best Nationalist players to play for them. Obviously, he isn't good enough for international footy yet and you could say it's cynical from the North, but if you were Ryan or his family you couldn't help but be thinking to yourself, this manager really rates me and wants me to play for them. I do think it counts alot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    672 Posts
    Well depending on who you talk to it's the personal approach of the FAI which has secured us McClean, Wilson, Duffy et al. Certainly the FAI was talking to McClean and family extensively after he expressed an interest (and possibly before if you believe certain sections).
    Ou-est le Centre George Pompidou?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts
    I think I read somewhere that it's not an official call-up, MON is just bringing him in to train with the senior squad.... I'll try and dig it out.
    Sounds a bit odd really!

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,690 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bungle View Post

You can say that again

I don't think it's up to Trap to know about our up-and-coming 17 year-olds unless they're in contention for a squad place, although obviously it'd be better if he did. Whatever criticisms I have of the FAI and Trap I do believe that the underage managers are all well plugged in to who they can pick and that the underage managers communicate up the line.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SwanVsDalton View Post
    Well depending on who you talk to it's the personal approach of the FAI which has secured us McClean, Wilson, Duffy et al. Certainly the FAI was talking to McClean and family extensively after he expressed an interest (and possibly before if you believe certain sections).
    Niall Quinn confirmed on the Late Late Show of Friday the 3rd of March that the initial expression of interest came from McClean's side during discussions with a Sunderland scout whilst tying up McClean's move. Quinn then set the ball rolling and contacted the FAI on the player's behalf .

I also know that Sean McCaffrey refused to contact/select Duffy until Duffy's father first made contact with someone at the FAI to alert them to his son's desire to play for Ireland.

Not that it should make any difference so long as the player is free to make an informed choice with regard to his options free of coercion.

Quote Originally Posted by JGKyne View Post
    I think I read somewhere that it's not an official call-up, MON is just bringing him in to train with the senior squad.... I'll try and dig it out.
    Sounds a bit odd really!
    Carrot call-up, then. Similar to Shane Duffy being fast-tracked into the NI senior squad for a friendly against Italy. If that's how the IFA wish to go about their business though, fair enough.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,627 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyInvincible View Post
    Carrot call-up, then. Similar to Shane Duffy being fast-tracked into the NI senior squad for a friendly against Italy. If that's how the IFA wish to go about their business though, fair enough.
    Nothing wrong with it at all. In fact, who can blame them for wanting to try and make young catholics/nationalists/whatever you want to call them feel welcome and a potentially big part of their set up? More power to them in fact.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    Nothing wrong with it at all. In fact, who can blame them for wanting to try and make young catholics/nationalists/whatever you want to call them feel welcome and a potentially big part of their set up? More power to them in fact.
    I think I may have sounded overly disdainful. To clarify, I have no issue with it at all as it's none of my business as an Ireland fan.

I saw this claim on Twitter the other day, but, rather than being someone in the know, I have a feeling it was most likely an attempt to wind up a NI fan:

Ryan McLaughlin making the switch to Ireland, another one bites the dust, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

14. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts
    Ryan McLaughlin making the switch to Ireland, another one bites the dust, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
    That exceeds the acceptable 'ha' count by at least two but I admire the dexterity in avoiding a stray 'g', 's' or mid-guffaw caps lock.

Set options to 'open' ensign McLaughlin.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    I'm most impressed by the consistent spacing between each ha.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,627 Posts
    simple copy and paste tactic folks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    170 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bungle View Post
    Obviously, he isn't good enough for international footy yet and you could say it's cynical
    Unfortunately the problem is we only have about six or seven players in the whole squad good enough, as measured by either a) consistent performance in a top European League (ie J Evans, Brunt, McAuley, Hughes, Baird) or b) more than the occasional flash rising above that (Davis, just possibly Lafferty).

That said, Hodson- a 20 year old with two seasons in the Championship is a better bet now- even though he'll never be a star. McLoughlin should be promoted to the U-21 squad rather than the seniors.

Our previous wunderkind (Gorman) is now on loan at Plymouth in English D4.

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    852 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    401 Posts
    A hip problem? Could it be smoke and mirrors while Tardelli figures out a way to abduct him?
    No Somos muchos pero estamos locos.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Crosby87 View Post
    A hip problem? Could it be smoke and mirrors while Tardelli figures out a way to abduct him?
    That presumes that he's not already in a dark, Fields-of-Athenry-filled room, tied to a chair with a green light shone in his face at Abbottstown being brainwashed with videos of Euro '88, Italia '90, USA '94, Japan & Korea '02, as Michael D Higgins force feeds him spuds, cabbage and bacon, all the while cackling reams of his poetry as Gaeilge.
    Last edited by Predator; 13/08/2012 at 12:31 PM.
    End Apartheid Now! One Team in Ireland!

22. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    I could handle all that but Michael D's poetry would be the killer.

24. Thanks From:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast