Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Crime & Punishment Discussion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Crime & Punishment Discussion

to hell with political correctness!!!--abeit in 'britain' or 'ireland'

it is my belief that all murderers, paedophiles, drug dealers, terrorists,perpetrators of 'aggressive rape'---these animals---should all face the death penalty!!!

any one who--- physically abuses animals---who attacks and robs the elderley----who 'riots'...who commits 'racist' crime... these perpetrators ---should face the birch!!!!

discuss!!
    Last edited by ballyhenryglens; 22/08/2004 at 12:20 PM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ballyhenryglens

it is my belief that all murderers, paedophiles, drug dealers, terrorists,victims of 'aggressive rape'---these perpetrators---should all face the death penalty!!!

any one who--- physically abuses animals---who attacks and robs the elderley----who 'riots'...who commits 'racist' crime... these perpetrators ---should face the birch!!!!

discuss!!

Calm Down!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    victims of 'aggressive rape'
    Thats a bit harsh isnt it?

discuss!!
    You're making it into a Leaving Cert question now!

Personally I wouldnt agree with you. I dont really see where 'political correctness' comes into play though?
    As I say, we're just young & a bit nieve.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    wouldn't agree, there are too many flawed and unsound judgements in our society today to allow such a system to be put into pratice....

also in US states such as Texas were the death penalty is legal, murder rates are no lower than where it is not in the law....
    Ignore Max Power, he is no more, the future is Ron Burgundy. I'd love to be Ron Burgundy but they won't let me........

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    violent crime is on the uprise, and this 'softly softly' approach by the british government is totally ineffective.---i seriously can't see the point in keeping the likes of the ian huntleys, the robert blacks, and the peter sutcliffes of this world alive.......all at the taxpayers expense ofcourse.
    prisons are now holiday camps and this is totally unacceptable.
    the government should adopt a zero tolerance attitude to crime.
    what say if the dunblane murderer--thomas hamilton--had not taken his own worthless life??---and was still alive??---should he not be a more than worthy canditate to test the weight of a rope??---of course he should!!

and as for violent paedophiles--what can they offer society??---they prey on the most vulnerable of all--innocent children!---would it not be better to have these loathsome predators removed from society--permantley??

let us all remember one thing--no matter propoganda the 'left wing' and anti-hanging lobby will tell us---statistics prove that 100% of hanged men--do not re-offend again!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    let us all remember one thing--no matter propoganda the 'left wing' and anti-hanging lobby will tell us---statistics prove that 100% of hanged men--do not re-offend again!!!
    I think that you'll find that some people convicted of murder didn't offend in the first place.
    Where am I now? I'm over here,
    I've got those empty pockets and I can't afford a beer.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    violent crime is on the uprise, and this 'softly softly' approach by the british government is totally ineffective
    Really? Tell us about it as a lot of us don't know much about foreign government policies......

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    violent crime is on the uprise, and this 'softly softly' approach by the british government is totally ineffective
    Britain has one of the lowest homicide rates among EU member states, and London is below average for EU capital cities. Yet violence of any kind is destructive to society, and although violent crime has fallen by 35% since its peak in 1995, and has remained relatively stable since 2000, we are doing all we can to continue bringing it down (source: British Home Office, equivalent to Irish Department of Justice)

i seriously can't see the point in keeping the likes of the ian huntleys, the robert blacks, and the peter sutcliffes of this world alive.......all at the taxpayers expense of course
    Would you kill everyone in net benefit from the British taxpayer, then?

prisons are now holiday camps and this is totally unacceptable
    There are more than 75,000 imprisoned in this country, prisons are full to 98% capacity (same source as above). That is more per capita than any European country bar Turkey. This does not suggest a relaxed regime, rather overcrowding. Suggest that next time you're in town, get off the 48 bus early and have a look at the (now closed) Crumlin Road jail. That's what most British urban prisons still look like- built in the Victorian era and long overdue for replacement.

the government should adopt a zero tolerance attitude to crime
    Stats above suggest it does...

what say if the dunblane murderer--thomas hamilton--had not taken his own worthless life??---and was still alive??---should he not be a more than worthy canditate to test the weight of a rope??---of course he should!!
    Every political party likely to form a government in this country seems to disagree with you.

and as for violent paedophiles--what can they offer society??---they prey on the most vulnerable of all--innocent children!---would it not be better to have these loathsome predators removed from society--permantley??
    No. The appropriate punishment for sexual crime is imprisonment followed by monitoring- which may be life-long in serious cases.

Although hanging doesn't appear to deter others from following them into serious crime. There are 450 offenders on 'death row' in Texas, for example (source- State of Texas). Maybe you can offer more evidence on the Ballhenry omnibus- I'll have a single to Duncan Gardens
    They're red, they're black
    The hatchetmen are back.

We'll support you evermore
    Though you never score...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

it is my belief that all murderers, paedophiles, drug dealers, terrorists,victims of 'aggressive rape'---these perpetrators---should all face the death penalty!!!

discuss!!
    Lets Just hope you never be wrongly accused of a crime or incident .....can happen anyone.
    Go lí cúnna ifrinn do thóin bheagmhaitheasach

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    gentlemen, i accept there are not many of you out there that share my views on capital punishment.
    lets take this from another angle----2 examples----
    1/ mrs. elsie davidison (83)--mrs davidson was robbed and beaten to death in swansea last year by a brutal already convicted murderer--a one mr. john richard jarvis.---mr. jarvis had already served a 'life' sentence for murder---was released onto our streets---to commit murder yet again!!
    had the state have done its job properly on the 1st murder conviction--and hung mr. jarvis...mrs. davidson would now be alive.

this is not the 1st time this has happened--nor do i fear it will be the last---we just have to look at the likes of mccloy, cuthbert, and steele---all convicted murderers who when released onto society again---murdered again.
    if these creatures had have been 'topped' 1st time 'round---innocent people who are now dead-- would be alive.

2/ child murderer/paedophile-robert black.---this pervert had 3 convictions for violent sex offences against children---long before he went on to perfect his deadly art of murder....had the state done its job right --and taken mr. black out of society by a noose around the neck---on his 1st conviction of paedophlia---3 young children who are now dead--would be alive.

lenient sentences by courts--no proper justice for victims---the criminal ending up in holiday camp were he can eat the best of food, and can return to his cell to enjoy modern day comforts like sky t.v----and you have the audacity to tell me that the government adapts a 'zero tolerence of crime'??

are you lot serious??
    it is high time we put the 'rights' of victims--above those of the criminal--and treat these criminals with the total contempt and 'mercy' they deserve---no mercy at all!!!!!
    Last edited by ballyhenryglens; 22/08/2004 at 2:12 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy.McClure
    Thats a bit harsh isnt it?
    it certainly is, old boy, and thanks for bringing that to my attention!

the post is now re-edited.--a tad careless of me there--i had one to many smirnoff last night, and foolishly hadn't checked what i had posted.

i ofcourse meant 'perpetrators' of rape...not 'victims'.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The logical conclusion of your arguement then is that sentences should be stiffer not a return to the death penalty. Secondly numourous people have pointed out that wrongful convictions can lead to more innocent people being murdered (this time by the state) would you care to address this.
    Also you should be aware that murder is not usually an offence that people will recomit (residivist?) once they are released.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    statistics prove that 100% of hanged men--do not re-offend again!!!
    And statistics also prove that 100% of wrongly convicted hanged men never get to enjoy their freedom once pardoned.

The pro-noose lobby would have have hanged the Birmingham 6, the Guilford 4, the S Club 7, the lot of 'em if they'd had their chance. And it's the mark of civilised society that we don't allow them, no matter how emotive the issue.
    Tea. Corduroy. Space Travel.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Why hanging just?
    There are loads of other methods.
    We could stone them.
    Or burn them.
    We could boil them.
    Or quarter them.
    We could build camps and gas them to death.
    Or drop bomps on whole cityfulls of them just before sunrise.
    It doesn't matter. 'We' are civilised and 'they' are animals.

Christ it's hot in here. Back to the footie lads

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor74
    What's so wrong with red hot pokers inserted into the anus?
    Let's not mix business and pleasure here. That particular pleasure is reserved solely for United Fans.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    Capital punishment has been banned in the EU, it's not coming back any time soon.

Ballyhenry, if you kill a person who has killed, how does that make you any better than them? Capital punishment should be consigned to history. We've no need to stoop to the level of the yanks or Chinese.
    I'd like to think us Europeans, along with plenty other nations, are setting the example for countries that use capital punishment.
    Have you ever won the treble?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Confine them to a cell with Noel King and Roddy Collins.
    Who is this guy, Trapper Tony?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    phew...well one things for sure...there are not many lads who post on these forums that share 'my hard line views'--i'll certanly give you that.
    in saying that however, this will be my last post on this subject---granted, i must accept that no matter what i say -or type--i will never be able to bring you 'round to my way of thinking on this topic---likewise the flip side of the coin-is no matter what you type--you will never be able to persuade me that capital punishment is wrong, or immoral.
    my sympathies -at all times-lie with the victims, or those families that have been berieved by violent crime,--the criminal who chooses to murder?-nah, i'm sorry but i have no sympathy for him whatsoever--as far as i'm concerned the world would be a much better place without him!!--

in closing i notice one of the posters happen to mention why i had put in 'those who physically attack animals'---the reason is that in northern ireland here lately, we have been hit by a spate of vicious attacks on friendly household pets--one example-in north belfast a young kitten had been disected by some evil sadist, who then proceeded to pin the cats remains to the owners garage---now perhaps i'm being biased here--i have a great love of domesticated pets--but i feel that any offender who could do such a vile act is lower than vermin--in fact they are lower than the lice and the parasites that crawl on the vermins back!!--i would like to see such an offender meet a 'cat' at the hands of the state--i am referring of course to the cat 'o' nine tails--the birch!!----i believe such an indivudial should recieve a very,very, very severe beating, carried out by the state!!

gentlemen, we must agree to disagree on this subject, and finally may i take this opportunity to bid you all a good evening, good luck, and the very best of british to you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    phew...well one things for sure...there are not many lads who post on these forums that share 'my hard line views'--i'll certanly give you that.
    in saying that however, this will be my last post on this subject---granted, i must accept that no matter what i say -or type--i will never be able to bring you 'round to my way of thinking on this topic---likewise the flip side of the coin-is no matter what you type--you will never be able to persuade me that capital punishment is wrong, or immoral.
    my sympathies -at all times-lie with the victims, or those families that have been berieved by violent crime,--the criminal who chooses to murder?-nah, i'm sorry but i have no sympathy for him whatsoever--as far as i'm concerned the world would be a much better place without him!!--

in closing i notice one of the posters happen to mention why i had put in 'those who physically attack animals'---the reason is that in northern ireland here lately, we have been hit by a spate of vicious attacks on friendly household pets--one example-in north belfast a young kitten had been disected by some evil sadist, who then proceeded to pin the cats remains to the owners garage---now perhaps i'm being biased here--i have a great love of domesticated pets--but i feel that any offender who could do such a vile act is lower than vermin--in fact they are lower than the lice and the parasites that crawl on the vermins back!!--i would like to see such an offender meet a 'cat' at the hands of the state--i am referring of course to the cat 'o' nine tails--the birch!!----i believe such an indivudial should recieve a very,very, very severe beating, carried out by the state!!

gentlemen, we must agree to disagree on this subject, and finally may i take this opportunity to bid you all a good evening, good luck, and the very best of british to you.
    You can't do this, in the great foot.ie tradition you have to carry on an arguement until it reaches at least thirty pages, throw in the occasional personal insult and go round in circles for at least half the pages. Lopez v Twlfth Apostle on the Croatian war crimes thread, the pro/ anti Celtic threads, anything our erstwhile village idiot Patrick J was involved in there are plenty of such fine examples.
    BTW your right anyone who hurts a tame animal for enjoyment os a sick w*****r

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    200 Posts
    sounds like Sharia' law to me !?!?!?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast