Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bohemian fc being destroyed by "fans"

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Bohemian fc being destroyed by "fans"

"Im boh-ez till i die!" . What do I mean when I sing this?

I mean that I will travel the world with my club and cheer them always. I will be there when we beat a Bundesliga side.I will be there when we win the double.I will be there when we beat the scum 6-4.I will be there again when i watch it over and over and over again on video.

I mean that I will travel the world with my club and cheer them always. I will be there when we lose 6-4 to Shels.I will be there when a storm threatens my life in estonia to the tune of a 0-0 draw.I will be there when we miss penalty after penalty( though Hunty is getting good if u ignore Derry! ).I will be there when we face Cobh to remain in the league.And yes, I will be there when Hawkins hits the crossbar and we exit the cup to the mighty Kildare!

A group of people who call themselves the "casuals" were also there tonight. They sang bohs till I die too. Then they proved that they couldnt care less about the club by booing the players off the pitch.They have done this all season.They sang "Stephen Kennys red and black army" after crowe scored against Levadia.They then screamed "F**k off kenny" and "We want kenny out" when Levadia scored again.

Colin Hawkins is an amazing player.He can often be seen rallying the troops with a head bandage on as he throws himself at the ball.On form, hes inspirational.The casuals would rather that he "f**k off and die!"Ive heard them scream it to him.They constantly remind him that hes ****.Heaven forbid he forget himself, regain confidence and bohs win!

The casuals are bringing shame to the club.What player needs to put up with their abuse.Glen crowe certainly doesnt.Simon Webb certainly doesnt.Kevin Hunt certainly doesnt.Shels have the money.The only reason that the trio would stay is that the enjoy their football,feel at home and love the club.They turn up and get slaughtered for any human error."Full time professional my arse","Go back to your 5 star hotels!","Youre not fit to wear the shirt!".

Why take a shot? if i miss ill get killed
    Why try to dribble?if i lose it ill get killed
    Why put up with this when i will get more money and actual respect elsewhere

Its the casuals who arent fit to wear the shirt.They dont support.They expect.They want to be in the papers with the team and trophy.

Look at Greece.Look at the league.Its founded on team spirit.We will only suceed if we are all willing to die for the cause.If we instill some much need belief in the team then Im certain they will play the exciting football they are capable of.The casuals demanded that Kenny go.They have their wish.

Its a fresh start.A new manager and new signings are possible.We must give it a chance.Itll take a few weeks to get going.Support your team!Dalymount is home to Bohemian fc.It is home to the fans.It must become home to the players.

It can be home to sucess.

thecorner
    i know how u feel, if its any consalation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    Fans have the right to boo players, but there's not really any call for those types of insults, especially during the game.
    Have you ever won the treble?

rerun
    Have to disagree with you Pindar, I hope that your casuals keep it up and
    that useless fool Crowe, and maybe even Hawkins, shag off the way of
    Stephen Kenny.
    You can hang on to Robbie Doyle though.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Jesus man, go and support shels.
    Bohs supporters are paying a hell of a lot of money for those wasters who have disgraced the entire league in Europe, been knocked out of the cup by Kildare and are trailing badly in the league. The supporters expect value for money. Those wasters in red and black jerseys don't deserve any respect. They lost to kildare in the cup and you want them clapped off? Get real.
    That said, I, of course, fully support the efforts of the players in destroying your club!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pindar
    Why put up with this when i will get more money and actual respect elsewhere.
    Keep the faith man, you're not on your own. For the most past, these guys haven't a clue.

If they are getting totally out of hand, approach the club and get them to solve the problem. The have to conduct themselves to some degree, that or get kicked out of the ground.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    [QUOTE=Pindar] and we exit the cup to the mighty Kildare!

Its crazy to see people be what society wants them to be but not me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    [QUOTE=sylvo]
    and we exit the cup to the mighty Kildare!

Did you ever notice that in every painting of Adam & Eve, they have belly buttons. Think about that...take as long as you want.

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Colin Hawkins is absolutely ****e

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Biff_Tannen

Fair play Biff, you showed some great insight in that particular post. Maybe it would be an idea to tell us why your opinion is so?

Anyway, if Bohs think Hawkins is so ****e, Id gladly take him at Cork City. He would certainly be good to keep our current CBs on their toes, and IMO would work very well next to Alan Bennett.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs down

"Im boh-ez till i die!" . What do I mean when I sing this?

I mean that I will travel the world with my club and cheer them always. I will be there when we beat a Bundesliga side.I will be there when we win the double.I will be there when we beat the scum 6-4.I will be there again when i watch it over and over and over again on video.

I mean that I will travel the world with my club and cheer them always. I will be there when we lose 6-4 to Shels.I will be there when a storm threatens my life in estonia to the tune of a 0-0 draw.I will be there when we miss penalty after penalty( though Hunty is getting good if u ignore Derry! ).I will be there when we face Cobh to remain in the league.And yes, I will be there when Hawkins hits the crossbar and we exit the cup to the mighty Kildare!

A group of people who call themselves the "casuals" were also there tonight. They sang bohs till I die too. Then they proved that they couldnt care less about the club by booing the players off the pitch.They have done this all season.They sang "Stephen Kennys red and black army" after crowe scored against Levadia.They then screamed "F**k off kenny" and "We want kenny out" when Levadia scored again.

Colin Hawkins is an amazing player.He can often be seen rallying the troops with a head bandage on as he throws himself at the ball.On form, hes inspirational.The casuals would rather that he "f**k off and die!"Ive heard them scream it to him.They constantly remind him that hes ****.Heaven forbid he forget himself, regain confidence and bohs win!

The casuals are bringing shame to the club.What player needs to put up with their abuse.Glen crowe certainly doesnt.Simon Webb certainly doesnt.Kevin Hunt certainly doesnt.Shels have the money.The only reason that the trio would stay is that the enjoy their football,feel at home and love the club.They turn up and get slaughtered for any human error."Full time professional my arse","Go back to your 5 star hotels!","Youre not fit to wear the shirt!".

Why put up with this when i will get more money and actual respect elsewhere

Its the casuals who arent fit to wear the shirt.They dont support.They expect.They want to be in the papers with the team and trophy.

Look at Greece.Look at the league.Its founded on team spirit.We will only suceed if we are all willing to die for the cause.If we instill some much need belief in the team then Im certain they will play the exciting football they are capable of.The casuals demanded that Kenny go.They have their wish.

Its a fresh start.A new manager and new signings are possible.We must give it a chance.Itll take a few weeks to get going.Support your team!Dalymount is home to Bohemian fc.It is home to the fans.It must become home to the players.

It can be home to sucess.
    Didn't know the casuals had that much power .

So the players got booed off the pitch? Awww, isn't that terrible. I really hope their feelings weren't hurt. I wouldn't like for them to be upset .
    The same people who booed those overpaid cúnts who are masquerading as footballers last night are the same people who took out 5k loans, bought merchandise, supported every fundraising initiative going.....and for what? For it all to be thrown back in their face by the "players" with performances like yesterday. Their reward for all this sacrifice and dedication to the club is to witness those *******s be beaten by Kildare County (no disrespect to Kildare, they totally deserved the win) at home. I didn't think it could get any worse than Levadia & Dublin City....I was wrong . Bohemian FC has hit rock bottom.

"Bohemian FC is being destroyed by fans"? No, Bohemian FC is being destroyed by those impostors in the red n black who have soiled the great name of our club so many times this season. They're breaking our hearts and yet they probably don't care. At the end of the day, they will still get their fat pay cheques whether they win, lose or draw. Enough is enough. If you can't boo the players after times like last night, when can you boo them? How else can you let the players know that they're killing the club?

I booed the players off the park last night and don't regret it a bit. If this doesn't make me a "superfan", then so be it. And just for the record, I travelled the world with my club.I was there when we won the double.I was there when we beat the scum 6-4.I was there when we lose 6-4 to Shels.I was there when I travel for 5 days to get to Estonia to watch a 0-0 draw.I was there when we miss penalty after penalty.I was there when we faced Cobh to remain in the league.And unfortunately, I was there when Hawkins hits the crossbar and we exit the cup to the mighty Kildare . This doesn't make me a great fan but it does give me the right to express my dissatisfaction.

The players got off lightly last night. If this was Italy, they'd be stoned in the training ground and their cars burnt out. And good enough for them.

Check out the Bohs mb ( http://gypsiesweb.proboards14.com ), you'll see that I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary
    Fair play Biff, you showed some great insight in that particular post. Maybe it would be an idea to tell us why your opinion is so?

Anyway, if Bohs think Hawkins is so ****e, Id gladly take him at Cork City. He would certainly be good to keep our current CBs on their toes, and IMO would work very well next to Alan Bennett.
    I'd gladly drive him all the way to Cork just to get rid of him

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    They proved that they couldnt care less about the club by booing the players off the pitch.They have done this all season.
    I feel for you. Were you missing about 50 of the Boo Boys last night by any chance? I would swear they were in Turners Cross to insult Cork City players and fans too. See the posts in our forum.
    BTW I think the Bohs team has a lot of guts and class. And most of the fans who travel to Cork are good to mix with, full of crack etc. Love to see them coming down here.
    Injustice anywhere threatens justice everywhere - Martin Luther King Jnr.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Biff_Tannen
    what do you base that on? he is a class player and if bohs lost him we would struggle in the air, he does a lot for the team and does not get enough credit for it, webb is hardly the superstar he is made out to be.

The fans do have a right to show the team what they think of them but some go overboard and wreck peoples cars and spit at refs, is that acceptable?.

in saying that i feel we will be ****ed on by rovers and it could get nasty afterwards due to the atmosphere
    ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaa did you just say rovers can play football ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaa

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Webb is a far far better player than Hawkins, who for whatever reason has been consistently useless pretty much since Bohs went out of Europe last year. He's been Shels best player when we've played Bohs since then and has looked a shadow of his former self, which is a shame really because he used to be excellent.

Kingdom of Bohemia, home of the BIG club!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Get off your feckin high-horse Pindar.

You haven't a clue what your talking about! Believe me, it's not just the casuals that are p1ssed off (I'm not a casual, btw), its the vast, vast majority of fans ie. those who are members, those who travelled to Europe, those who put their names on the new jersey, those who got personal loans, sponsored players, those who buy the merchandise, those who drink in the bars etc etc.

I, like many others am totally p1ssed off/angry/embarrassed at the performances been put in by overpaid, over-rated under-achievers. Two defeats to Dublin City, dumped out of Europe by a third-rate team and now, the ultimate embarrassment..been knocked out of the Cup by Kildare fcukin County. They're sh1te, so that'll tell you how bad a Bohs team that has an annual wage bill of close to $1.5M is!!!

If you're happy to settle for this mediocrity, Pindar, then fair play to you, because I'm not! I think you'll find yourself in the minority, as nearly every post on the Gypsies Web mB since Friday is of talk of anger, disillusionment, shame, embarrassment and even talk of protests. If you think that a few fans singing 'You're not fit to play for Bohs' is out of order, well God help us all.
    Last edited by B-Stand; 22/08/2004 at 8:13 AM.
    And on the Seventh Day, God created Kevin Hunt.

Kevin Hunt - Probably the Greatest Bohemian ever !

Living Legend!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I stayed an extra night in Dublin after we played $hels on thursday night, so I decided to go to the Bohs v Kildare game. Second time going to an EL game as a neutral.

Thought Id add to this thread as I too witnessed alot of verbal abuse (More than the standard at all EL grounds) directed from Bohs fans towards their own players. Dont get me wrong we do it too but on this occasion is was constant and over the top. One player in particular that got serious abuse was your number 9 Foley. Do you not think this will make the player a hell of alot more nervous and contribute to his poor performances ????

On the game itself I thought Bohs played pretty well, you created at least 4 or 5 reall good chances and your strikers failed to 'net them'.....your man of the match was Bobby Ryan and your worst player was Webb. Does he always 'hoof' the ball ????
    Thought the Kildare fans were great they made a fair bit of noise but they need to learn more songs than 'The County ...The County' ...gets to be a bit of a pain in the ass to listen to after a while.

Had a conversation with James Keddys father too, mostly about his time in Derry....

Anyway as a neutral I enjoyed the match. Who is the number 9 for Kildare ???
    Go lí cúnna ifrinn do thóin bheagmhaitheasach

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Smile

Thanks for all of the feedback.I was curious to see what other clubs thought of the situation.Seems that the majority agree its a little over the top.I agree with you carlin when you say you have the right to express how youre feeling.Our home results have been dire this season.Its frustrating for every bohs fan.My own opinion is that this is when the team really needs its supporters.Its easy to cheer and sing when were on form and winning.The finances are a mess and im grateful to everyone who helps where they can (loans,bars,mechandise etc).We simply cant afford to change the playing squad.If you dont think the players care, we have to try make them care.We cant afford to terminate any contracts nor have we backup to drop too many.I personally think the best approach is to make them feel proud to play for us,the fans.If we concede a goal it can be met with either a "We are Bohs,super bohs" or booing and heckles.I think the first option will spur on the team more.The players heads are down enough as it is.Why further demoralise the club?

Please give the new set up time.The treatment of Foley has been an absolute disgrace.We have been waiting years for the likes of Alan Moore and Dominic Foley to come home.The league is fast paced and aggresive.Foley was playing in Portugal.It will take him time to adapt.Calling him a donkey and to **** off is shameful.

The casuals are very important to bohs as they are to other clubs.They are usually the loudest in each club.They have great influence.This is why bohs need them to dig in and lead by example.We need to get into Europe or full-time is finished.Unless things change we wont get there.

Its just my opinion.Its how I feel.I dont mean to undermine anyone elses views.If you firmly believe that booing is best for the long-term or even short term, Ill accept your opinion.

Again thanks to all of you for replying.Even Biff.......

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The casuals are very important to bohs as they are to other clubs.They are usually the loudest in each club.They have great influence.This is why bohs need them to dig in and lead by example.We need to get into Europe or full-time is finished.Unless things change we wont get there.

Are you insane? There are only two clubs with a casual following - us and Rovers. The casual following is the reason why crowds at THE DUBLIN DERBY have dwindled whilst security costs have rocketed. Casuals are the reason Rovers have been playing matches with early kick offs.

At Bohs, apart from a few notable exceptions, the casuals are no more than a gang of teenagers more concerned with being hardmen than they are supporting the team. Lead by example? Get back to the Central Mental Hospital.

As for the players? Overpaid, underperforming and laughing their way home every week on weekly salaries much higher than those of the supporters who pay their wages.

Negativity? The singing in the Jodi stand was fantastic the whole way through the Lavdia match until we went 3-1 down. We never stopped supporting until all was lost. What do we get for our support? What do we get for putting our hands into our own pockets to sustain full time football at what was until this season the most progressive club in the country? What do we get for paying to have our names on jerseys? What do we get for giving up our weekends to work on Dalymount to bring it up to a standard fit for European football? What do we get? We get kicked in the teeth by a bunch of wasters who couldn't care less about the club and ignore the sacrifices we have made to pay them professional wages. The players have undermined everything we've tried to build up. In my opinion they got Stephen Kenny sacked - and he really did care about the club which is why it was so painful to realise that he had to go. He just couldn't control the players who are raping our club.

Pindar, I don't know who you are but I definitely know what you are and it begins with a C. You are an annonymous chicken **** coward who probably has a cosy deal going on in Dalyer that leaves you with a few extra bob in your pocket every match day - like so may others who are slowly but rightly being shown the door.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    As a Longford town supporter, I can totally identify with the bohs hardcore booing the players! Sometimes it is good to get it out of your system. I remmber the drogs game in flancare it finished 0-0. The town were a disgrace so a few of us did an unusual protest- we delbritely waited unitl the game was over- then as the players were going onto the pitch, we did a slow handclap. So many people gave out about what we did but to us, it was the only way we get our feelings to the players, it was the turning point of our season -it got through to the players and they had an excellent end of the season. That inceident was last season.

When you contribute money to the club, -lotto, travel fares, plane tickets, match tickets, jerseys, you are unofficial shareholders in the club and you should say how you feel. But there is a limit to the abuse that you give to someone. that Alan Reynolds incident was a disgrace and hopefully would never repeated again.
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast