Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: LOI Match Series 16 Updates Thread

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Heggy View Post
    Have a Longford, Drogheda and Cork treble done for tonight.
    I was intending on a Cork/Drogs double but threw in Longford at the last minute.
    Superb bet, an exciting one considering Longford's comeback I'd say.

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Came across this photo from tonight's game in Richmond Park on Twitter:

4. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts
    Shamrock look a lost cause, its hard to see how Kenny can keep his job and hard too, to see a replacement getting a challenge back on track at this stage of the season.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CraftyToePoke View Post
    Extra Time updates suggesting Caschera threw in a few real bafflers tonight, two soft reds and five minutes of injury time during which he also gave a penalty to you for the winner, the equalizer having already arrived in injury time.
    Waiting for the latest "FAI conspiring against us" bit from the rainy south west

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    Back from Jackman Park. 3-0 Limerick. As well as support from the Kingdom, just myself from what I'm aware lol, they had a bit of support over from the US. Not sure the penalty was a penalty. Foul looked to have been committed outside the box. Anyways decent win by Limerick. Some shock leaving the ground to news of Longford's win after chants all night of being top, going up etc.
    https://foot.ie/forums/117-Kerry-FC
    A Championship: 4 years - 8 first teams - 0 financially ruined. First Division '14: 7 first teams.
    Opportunity lost for new clubs/regions to join the LoI family.

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Conspiracy theory or no conspiracy theory Phil Caschera is a shocking ref so no suprises from him anyway.

Some night between ourselves and Longford though. We put in a very good performance barring the first 20 minutes and everyone in the ground nearly was refreshing extratime for the updates. Every game now is huge with Longford just about hanging in there at the top.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redarmyfaction View Post
    Shamrock look a lost cause, its hard to see how Kenny can keep his job and hard too, to see a replacement getting a challenge back on track at this stage of the season.
    I'm shocked to hear of them being beated 4-0 and to be where they are in the table. Is Kenny to return to Derry, to be sent to his spiritual homeward, to think again?
    https://foot.ie/forums/117-Kerry-FC
    A Championship: 4 years - 8 first teams - 0 financially ruined. First Division '14: 7 first teams.
    Opportunity lost for new clubs/regions to join the LoI family.

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudulika View Post
    Waiting for the latest "FAI conspiring against us" bit from the rainy south west
    Whatever about that, I think it's debatable if Mr. Caschera is fit for purpose. But well done Longford, this is unfolding into a really good title race.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts
    having seen Aaron Callaghan play over in England for a few seasons I think he was always likely to be a good manager. Played under one of the best in D Gradi and played with some decent players as well. Some win for Bohs tonight

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Caschera is ridiculously poor, like most of them. I don't think we're influential enough to have anyone giving is anything through favouritism. As for the title race you'd still have to back Limerick but that was a hell of a fight back from the Town. Showed a lot of spirit. Why we let in four is another question.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wonder88 View Post
    having seen Aaron Callaghan play over in England for a few seasons I think he was always likely to be a good manager. Played under one of the best in D Gradi and played with some decent players as well. Some win for Bohs tonight
    I knew him when he was at LTFC. Fantastic guy. I've always classed him as a great coach but not a manager. Maybe he's learning.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts
    Fair play to the Waterford fans for the tribute to Danny Furlong's girlfriend. I'm sure he appreciated it
    Last edited by cornflakes; 29/06/2012 at 10:18 PM.

15. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Premier Division
    Bohemian FC 5-0 Shams

Screws up my Prediction League march to glory, if only Dwayne had taken that first half chance, gutted.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    Agent Kenny, mission complete.

exit

18. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    [QUOTE=SkStu;1608696]Agent Kenny, mission complete.

exit
    [/QUO

Agent Kenny return to base with Agent Brennan for debriefing by the relegator, Agent Collins, Agents Powell, O`Donnell, Greene and Oman, stand by for further instructions.

20. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts
    I'll be shocked if Kenny lasts the season, it'll cost a lot to get rid of him but I doubt the fans have the patience anymore. Who knows, he may even make a return to the Brandywell yet again, our discipline records a disaster with Decky, and that was one of his priorities when he got the job!
    For once maybe someone will call me "sir" without adding "you're making a scene."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    185 Posts
    What happened in Mervue tonight was just crazy. I doubt I'll ever see anything like it again. First 20 minutes or so was even enough, both teams had chances. Then the next 25 minutes we just didn't seem bothered at all. They got a pen that never was, Chris Deans definitely got the ball, the ref didn't give it but after a few seconds of thought the lino decided to give it. Mervue dominated for the rest of the half and at 3-0 at HT, I was saying to myself that a draw would be a great result. Kirby came on at HT and grabbed the game by the balls, completely ran the show. When we got it back to 3-2 (the 2nd goal for us being a hilarious OG by Alan Murphy) I thought that there was only one winner and it'd be us, then they got the 4th and I thought it was over. Then they had Hoban sent off for mouthing, 2 yellows, looked like they were both for mouthing. Kirbs grabbed the 3rd and then Tom King also got sent off for mouthing to Caschera I think. It must have been coz I didn't see him do anything else. We laid seige to their goal from then on, and I always felt if we got 1 we'd get the winner. Got the equaliser just as the board for stoppage time went up, and the winner 2 minutes later from another dodgy penalty call imo. Unbelievable stuff though, thought I was going to have a heart attack at the end tbh!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudulika View Post
    And sick for us, 1-1 at home to the champions elect would have been a nice boost for the weekend. .
    You weren't playing Pats tonight.
    Here on a technicality.

24. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by De Town View Post
    What happened in Mervue tonight was just crazy. I doubt I'll ever see anything like it again. First 20 minutes or so was even enough, both teams had chances. Then the next 25 minutes we just didn't seem bothered at all. They got a pen that never was, Chris Deans definitely got the ball, the ref didn't give it but after a few seconds of thought the lino decided to give it. Mervue dominated for the rest of the half and at 3-0 at HT, I was saying to myself that a draw would be a great result. Kirby came on at HT and grabbed the game by the balls, completely ran the show. When we got it back to 3-2 (the 2nd goal for us being a hilarious OG by Alan Murphy) I thought that there was only one winner and it'd be us, then they got the 4th and I thought it was over. Then they had Hoban sent off for mouthing, 2 yellows, looked like they were both for mouthing. Kirbs grabbed the 3rd and then Tom King also got sent off for mouthing to Caschera I think. It must have been coz I didn't see him do anything else. We laid seige to their goal from then on, and I always felt if we got 1 we'd get the winner. Got the equaliser just as the board for stoppage time went up, and the winner 2 minutes later from another dodgy penalty call imo. Unbelievable stuff though, thought I was going to have a heart attack at the end tbh!

So one player gets 2 yellows for 2 seperate incidents of dissent the other gets a straight red.....Mighty fine consistency there.

Not saying conspiracy but Caschera is crap.

Also McBride for Harps sent off tonight for spitting in his own players face what a clown.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by horton View Post
    Who knows, he may even make a return to the Brandywell yet again
    Can't see it happening.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast