Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Governance of the FAI

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    I'd say a comibination of things but heavily weighted by 1. A clandestine pay rise might be overlooked if other KPIs were heavily positive, but they're not. He's also a Brit!
    Correct. What I'm getting at is 1) would be overlooked but could it be inferred that 2) is a mess? I'm reaching but the board were happy he had something lined up that wouldn't make them look silly then he might be okay for another bit of time.

2. Thanks From:

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olé Olé View Post
    What are the key issues he's facing?

1) Pay scandal
    2) New manager
    3) New sponsor
    Remote working too I guess? Is he getting his hands dirty in the job?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Remote working too I guess? Is he getting his hands dirty in the job?
    Its an absolute farce that the board allowed the CEO work from a different country.
    How are you supposed to lead a company and motivate people if you dont even see them anyway regularly in person.
    It the chats around the office and social interaction that create atmosphere and culture, especially given evteryone knew the morale and atmosphere withoin the FAI was poor to start with.
    Sooner the better he is gone and the FAI get a leader who will actually leed rather than worry about how many holidays he has taken and whether he has been paid for them.
    Even the fact the guy had the cheek to look to be paid for holidays when he is "working" from home says it all

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John83 View Post
    [*]The Sky deal is for no announced amount of money, which I take to mean it was embarrassingly little.
    It is a reported €8m deal over 4 years. Which compares with a previous sponsorship deal with 3 of €30m over ten years.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soc...Dyear%20period.

Note it took four years to find a new sponsor and one, if not the main reason Hill was appointed, was his supposed revenue generating abilities.

6. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    418 Posts
    If they didn't act the clowns regarding the Oireachtas committee this likely would have all blown over eventually.

8. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JR89 View Post
    If they didn't act the clowns regarding the Oireachtas committee this likely would have all blown over.
    It seems there is always come clowns in the circus !

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,681 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JR89 View Post
    If they didn't act the clowns regarding the Oireachtas committee this likely would have all blown over eventually.
    That 100% redacted email except for the recipient's email address was absolutely comical.

11. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,681 Posts

13. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    479 Posts
    He mislead the dail, did he not?
    Re the pay scandal. I'm pretty sure his emails to the accounts people in the fai were leaked and he was lying through his backside

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,681 Posts
    Papers are saying the EUR 500k contract termination cost was a deterrent against removing him. Why is he even on a fixed term contract? He should have a normal employee contract. Effing outrageous.

And surely his contract allows for some kind of "failure to execute duties" clause? He jeopardised essential government funding by accepting pay terms, disguised by the untaken holiday pay, that exceeded the MOU terms with the government.

Honest to Jaysus, I wish I was able to manipulate my way into a role that rewards failure and dishonesty so well. I have compliance on my back 24/7 and I double/triple check every email I send to make sure I'm staying within rules. Personal pride and moral standards encourage me to do my job as well as I can. No wonder populists around the world are gaining popularity. Over here in UK the sheer number of people in high profile roles, often related to the public sphere in some way, who "fail upwards" boils my pi$$.

OK, I've probably spent over 10% of my total career hours on this site since I discovered it in 2004, but that's mental health hygiene!
    Last edited by Stuttgart88; 28/03/2024 at 1:19 PM.

16. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    418 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    Papers are saying the EUR 500k contract termination cost was a deterrent against removing him. [B[Why is he even on a fixed term contract? [/B]He should have a normal employee contract. Effing outrageous.
    This is why they're finding it hard to fill Gleeson's old role. Gleeson didn't have a fixed term contract but they want her replacement to have a fixed term contract which happens to end when Gleeson's contract as manager ends. Supposedly applicants have said no because they feel the FAI are leaving the door open for Gleeson to step straight back in when she's finished as womens manager.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112