Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

View Poll Results: Should Trapattoni manage Ireland for the 2014 World Cup Campaign?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

36 48.00%
  • No

39 52.00%
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Should Trapattoni manage Ireland for the 2014 World Cup Campaign?

International Prospect bennocelt's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    29/01/2008, 7:37 PM#2200
    bennocelt
    Originally Posted by The Man Himself
    HERES THE NEW IRISH MANAGER
    http://www.pro-paul.net/baggio/pics/...trapattoni.jpg

giovanni trapattoni

oh god no...........an Italian version of Big Sam

Not much has happened in 4 years to change my original view. The only time ireland has played well under Trap was in paris and that was when the Irish team ignored his tactics and collectively decided to play out of their skin and an attacking game. I thought the irish team might do the same in this tournament. I actually expected them to come out of the group - all depending on the first game - but Traps starting team in the 3 games was a severe dissapointment.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts
    You only just noticed?

And get that e-mail?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    214 Posts
    Do you remember how positive he was before the Italian game?

Italy has NOT BEATEN Ireland since the appointment of Trap. You fools need to look beyond the two previous crap performances.

90 minutes later........

of course we lost. Look at the players the Trap has to work with.
    "If God had meant football to be played in the air, he'd have put grass in the sky." Brian Clough.

You'll NEVER beat the Irish.......you'll just draw with us instead!!!

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_oshea View Post
    We weren't cheated out of a finals, we were cheated by a goal, that had we not conceded for the whole 30 mins of extra time, we would have gone through to penalties.
    F*cking spot on. This notion that we were cheated out of a WC place is something that has been allowed to pass as truth for too long, by posters who should know better.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Ya Osarusan but we were cheated out of our right to at least getting to penalties. I hope you aren't too far the other way.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts
    Aye, well said Paul.

Certain people should also be against the notion that Irish people should roll over and just 'accept it', when things don't go their way. Especially when they've been blatantly been wronged.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by back of the net
    All i care about is my country and i dont want my country having to rely on other results going our way when we should not have to
    That's the way it usually is with us, going back well before Trap. The one time it wasn't, last November, people haven't stopped whinging how easy and lucky we were.

We invited a team onto us who are below us imo and we were lucky not to be beaten.
    And the logic for them been "below us" was? You clearly forgot they had earlier gone to Moscow and won. We got the point we needed to keep them at arms length. That was the bigger picture at the time.

When do you think the luck will run out?
    Does it have to?

Quote Originally Posted by paul_oshea
    We weren't cheated out of a finals, we were cheated by a goal, that had we not conceded for the whole 30 mins of extra time, we would have gone through to penalties. Cheated out of the WC finals is not correct. Either way we needed to score, whether or not Henry cheated, to guarantee qualification to the finals.
    Now you're getting all technical. Pity you can't see Trap's record here in quite the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker1982
    GERMANY - OUT
    PORTUGAL - OUT
    Thank you for pointing out the blindlingly obvious. There you're expected to win tournaments, not just qualify, so I wonder what "the moments to cheer about" are?

Quote Originally Posted by paul_oshea
    Posting at night does things to people, do you think because he posts when everyone else doesn't this is why our logic, and his logic are polar opposites.
    I post during the day, I post during the night, I post whenever I like, while there's no curfew in operation on the site.

This place is open 24 hours, always has been, and my argument stands whether it's 3am or 3pm.
    NL 1st Division Champions 2006
    NL Premier Division Champions 2010
    NL Premier Division Champions 2011

Keep Tallaght Tidy, Throw your rubbish in the Jodi

Ten Years Not Out

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,690 Posts
    I'll post when I like, I'll post when I li-i-ike
    Paul O'Shea
    I'll post when I like

9. Thanks From:

Lost in Giovanni Trappatoni's Tactics Board
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    132 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mypost View Post
    That's the way it usually is with us, going back well before Trap. The one time it wasn't, last November, people haven't stopped whinging how easy and lucky we were.

And the logic for them been "below us" was? You clearly forgot they had earlier gone to Moscow and won. We got the point we needed to keep them at arms length. That was the bigger picture at the time.

Does it have to?

Are you seriously telling me that we were not lucky to get estonia? That it wasnt easy? Consider how we fared in our group in the euros, i shudder to think how they would have done

No Mypost, I have not forgotten that Slovakia beat Russia in Moscow, in the same way I havent forgotten that they got spanked by Armenia both home and away , that on both occassions they played Andorra they only beat them 1-0, in the same way Russia beat them in Bratislava.

And by "below us" I mean we are better than them imo and we should be beating them at home.
    My Country is My Club.

Republic of Ireland Forever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um_ZvP2cUdo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts
    Are you seriously telling me that we were not lucky to get estonia? That it wasnt easy? Consider how we fared in our group in the euros, i shudder to think how they would have done
    http://foot.ie/threads/168138-Should...=1#post1607756

Ten Years Not Out

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    132 Posts
    There is no such thing as "earning luck', the draw just went our way and equally it could have gone the complete opposite for us and Poland could well have not happened for us.

My final comments on this is that we should be be beating teams that we are capable of beating not relying on "earning" a good draw or other teams doing us favours cos its a ridiculous concept if we have the ability to avoid those scenarios and just do the job ourselves by performing on the pitch .

Cheers
    My Country is My Club.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    I'll post when I like, I'll post when I li-i-ik
    Paul O'Shea
    I'll post when I like
    and ill post what i like....
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts
    Don't tell R.M.Keane...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts
    There is no such thing as "earning luck', the draw just went our way and equally it could have gone the complete opposite for us and Poland could well have not happened for us.
    The draw was not equal or open. We were on the right side of the draw for a reason, and we got the calibre of opposition that being on the right side of the draw usually gets you. All the top seeds took advantage of what they were given, and only one of them was away in the return leg.

Ten Years Not Out

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    132 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mypost View Post
    The draw was not equal or open. We were on the right side of the draw for a reason, and we got the calibre of opposition that being on the right side of the draw usually gets you. All the top seeds took advantage of what they were given, and only one of them was away in the return leg.
    We had a one in four chance of getting estonia before the draw was made, we had a 3 in 4 chance of getting a team alot better than estonia ..(turkey, bosnia and montenegro)....were in pot 1 for a reason but if we had gotten one of the previously mentioned 3 then there was every chance we could have struggled.
    My Country is My Club.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,306 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by back of the net View Post
    We had a one in four chance of getting estonia before the draw was made, we had a 3 in 4 chance of getting a team alot better than estonia ..(turkey, bosnia and montenegro)....were in pot 1 for a reason but if we had gotten one of the previously mentioned 3 then there was every chance we could have struggled.
    Bosnia were the only team I genuinely feared in the draw.
    Turkey won every game at home, except for a loss to Germany, but away from home, they were terrible. In five games, they only managed to beat Kazakhstan, lost to Azerbaijan and they only scored four goals - three of which were in the victory over Kazakhstan. I'd definitely have fancied taking them at the Aviva
    Montenegro finished second with 12 points, unbeaten at home, but with only two wins, both 1-0 over Switzerland and Wales. Away from home they had only one win, 1-0 over Bulgaria, but lost 2-0 and 2-1 to Switzerland and Wales, respectively. Again, against them I'd have fancied an away draw (or possibly a 1 goal loss) and a convincing home win.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts
    It's how we do away that counts, given we can barely beat an egg at home.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    Bosnia were the only team I genuinely feared in the draw.
    Turkey won every game at home, except for a loss to Germany, but away from home, they were terrible. In five games, they only managed to beat Kazakhstan, lost to Azerbaijan and they only scored four goals - three of which were in the victory over Kazakhstan. I'd definitely have fancied taking them at the Aviva
    Montenegro finished second with 12 points, unbeaten at home, but with only two wins, both 1-0 over Switzerland and Wales. Away from home they had only one win, 1-0 over Bulgaria, but lost 2-0 and 2-1 to Switzerland and Wales, respectively. Again, against them I'd have fancied an away draw (or possibly a 1 goal loss) and a convincing home win.
    I gernerally agree with what you are saying but outside of the bottom 1 or 2 seeds in a group when have we last had a convincing home win in a competitive game?
    Sometimes the games against the bottom seeds have also been far from convincing.
    At the moment if we lost 1-0 away against any team capable of making the play offs I would have very little confidence that we could turn it around in the home leg.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789