Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Delaney Doesn't Know Theres A Crisis

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    There are at least two people talking about it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    401 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyInvincible View Post
    How can this even be real? He's becoming a parody of himself.
    It does bring up a separate question of context.
    No Somos muchos pero estamos locos.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Crosby87 View Post
    It does bring up a separate question of context.
    What about the context? In the sense he's taken his embarrassing antics from the rowdy pub scene or the gathering of supporters before/after a football game into the new realm of public air travel, no family spared?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts
    I don't necessarilly mind him supporting Manchester United and going to see them play. Alot of the biggest fans of Irish football support both United and Liverpool. However, if he behaved like he's alleged, then it is absolutely shocking and serious questions should be asked of him.

To be fair though, he is innocent until proven guilty.

On an equally pressing matter, does anybody know if Trap has been going to watch games live over the past few weeks? Would be great if he was going up to Derby to check up on Hendrick and even O'Brien, the Irish lads at Hull, or checking up on the Irish contingent at Wolves, who must be playing very poorly, let alone going to see our lads in the Premiership. Is he actively pursuing Pilkington and making contact with Gibson to try and get him back into the fold for the rest of the campaign (Gibson behaved poorly imo but we need our best 11). It would also be wonderful if he could make an effort to see the likes of young lads like Carruthers or Grealish who both turned down England to play with us. I mean you could say that is beyond Trap's remit, but I would hold the view that it is the job of an international manager and especially one on Trap's salary to leave no stone unturned. In Grealish's case, he is arguably the biggest talent in the English academy system and could be top class. I know that Brian Kerr, Mick and Stan would have done it and I would expect Trap to also.

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    Delaney's club support is of no importance to me. In fact, it would be almost better if he had no LoI-biases as such a major figure in the ruling organisation, as long as it was matched with competent governance. Oh well. I was just wondering if his trip to England had involved anything actually important to his position.

Did this story turn up in any news outlets?
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,311 Posts
    What about the context? In the sense he's taken his embarrassing antics from the rowdy pub scene or the gathering of supporters before/after a football game into the new realm of public air travel, no family spared?
    there's a degree of invasion of privacy as well.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,311 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bungle View Post
    On an equally pressing matter, does anybody know if Trap has been going to watch games live over the past few weeks? Would be great if he was going up to Derby to check up on Hendrick and even O'Brien, the Irish lads at Hull, or checking up on the Irish contingent at Wolves, who must be playing very poorly, let alone going to see our lads in the Premiership.
    According to Tony O'Donoghue, he was at the Derby - Brighton game at the weeekend: https://twitter.com/Corktod/status/290257484147458048
    Del Bosque has the best squad in the world but travels to Goodison to watch Michu. Wonder where Trapattoni was?"he was at Brighton v derby,
    Derby lost 2-1, with Hendrick scoring the consolation goal
    The goals from the game are online here: http://www.skysports.com/video/inlin...395199,00.html
    Nice finish from close range

Is he actively pursuing Pilkington and making contact with Gibson to try and get him back into the fold for the rest of the campaign (Gibson behaved poorly imo but we need our best 11).
    Don't know about Gibson, but it was mentioned on Premier Soccer Saturday that Pilkington was in the process of claimining his Irish passport
    It would also be wonderful if he could make an effort to see the likes of young lads like Carruthers or Grealish who both turned down England to play with us. I mean you could say that is beyond Trap's remit, but I would hold the view that it is the job of an international manager and especially one on Trap's salary to leave no stone unturned. In Grealish's case, he is arguably the biggest talent in the English academy system and could be top class. I know that Brian Kerr, Mick and Stan would have done it and I would expect Trap to also.
    Not sure if that's really what he should be doing. While these players are still in the underage setup, I'd prefer to see their direct manager keep in touch with them to make sure they're happy.

<EDIT>

Jack Grealish's brother is an irregular poster on ybig.ie, but he posted this today: http://www.ybig.ie/forum/jack-greali...9.html#1112409
    Last edited by tetsujin1979; 14/01/2013 at 5:00 PM.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

8. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts
    Regardless of whether this alleged episode has been reported accurately or not, practically everything about this clown makes me physically cringe. What would it take to get shot of him? Consensus from the bosses of the other sports families?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    According to Tony O'Donoghue, he was at the Derby - Brighton game at the weeekend: https://twitter.com/Corktod/status/290257484147458048
    Derby lost 2-1, with Hendrick scoring the consolation goal

Don't know about Gibson, but it was mentioned on Premier Soccer Saturday that Pilkington was in the process of claimining his Irish passport
    Not sure if that's really what he should be doing. While these players are still in the underage setup, I'd prefer to see their direct manager keep in touch with them to make sure they're happy.
    Really positive if Trap has been going to games and taking in a game like the Derby-Brighton one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    there's a degree of invasion of privacy as well.
    How much of a degree? I understand the claims regarding Delaney have yet to be verified by a more reliable source/outlet, but a public figure making a show of him or herself in the public eye surely leaves his or her behaviour fair game for public comment. If what has been reported is true, his behaviour was probably the more intrusive/invasive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,311 Posts
    How much of a degree? I understand the claims regarding Delaney have yet to be verified by a more reliable source/outlet, but a public figure making a show of him or herself in the public eye surely leaves his or her behaviour fair game for public comment. If what has been reported is true, his behaviour was probably the more intrusive/invasive.
    It probably comes under a wider discussion about social media, at what point does a photo of a well known person out and about cross the line between public interest and invasion of privacy. For what it's worth, I'd have to think long and hard before I'd post something like that on twitter.

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    And if it isn't true, it's some random person taking a picture of him on a flight and trying to stir it up for, I dunno, a laugh or something?

You'd think if there was something in this someone in the media would have talked to the airline or flight crew or some other passenger would have contacted the press. I just find it very odd that such an incident didn't become larger news. Or any news so far.
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    Seeing as the claims have not been verified by any source anywhere, isn't it nonsensical to hypothesise about how such behaviour if it did happen, should or could be commented upon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverFeltBetter View Post
    And if it isn't true, it's some random person taking a picture of him on a flight and trying to stir it up for, I dunno, a laugh or something?
    Then that would be defamation; not merely an unwarranted invasion of privacy.

Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post
    Seeing as the claims have not been verified by any source anywhere, isn't it nonsensical to hypothesise about how such behaviour if it did happen, should or could be commented upon?
    Fair point. I shall hypothesise no longer.

16. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,311 Posts
    Trapattoni watching Derby again today, according to the Times: http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/...329048263.html
    it's actually Keogh he's watching, not Hendrick as everyone assumed

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456