Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Mons?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    433 Posts
    Apart from Lim€rick.
    Cumann Peile Dún Dealgan - Champions 2015 (too many accolades to be typing)

Termonbarry Athletic TID!

2. Thanks From:

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    There has been no indication of what happens next season? For example- Is there now an extra promotion slot in the first this season?
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Galway United (from what Im hearing) have been given a place in the u19 league for the coming season. I haven't heard anything about a senior team yet, but (and again this is just street talk) there will be an announcement of a friendly in the coming weeks too.
    Quote Originally Posted by geezer View Post
    yes GUST completed the u19 season , are organised for u19s commencing in september hopefully, GUST have a completely revamped coaching regime an outcome of the open forums held in december and january in the Claddagh hall its set up now and drawing widespread support throughout the city and county powered on initially by North Galway and spread now right across the city and county clubs affiliated to the Galway district league and Galway clubs who participate in the Roscommon District league.
    GUST are hoping to announce a friendly and the re launch of the u19 before end of june. GUST are and have been all winter visible on the streets of Galway every weekend with an information stand on shop street and Eyre Sq Centre.
    Galway United Legends team will play against Aston Villa Legends in the Chick Deacy memorial friendly on the 18th of august to rename Terryland and GUST are running the matchday operations
    Bi weekly meetings have been consistently attended by large crews over the winter and numbers continue to swell
    Lots of work to do, but GUST most definitely havent gone away

im sick to my stomach over mons, can just imagine whats going on behind the scenes, as one man on shop street described on saturday about United its like a death in the family. I wouldnt wish it on anyone. I offer my sincere sympathy to those affected.

A huge review of the costs associated with fines, participation, cost of licensing, referees & insurance has to be looked at now by the league urgently.
    Fair play to GUST for keeping them going i had thought they were gone at the end of last season. Must take a massive effort to keep them going with out a senior team.

5. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr A View Post
    There has been no indication of what happens next season? For example- Is there now an extra promotion slot in the first this season?
    Last in the prem now plays the winner of the 1st division play off. No-one comes straight down.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

www.galwaysoccer.com

Quote Originally Posted by bluewhitearmy View Post
    Fair play to GUST for keeping them going i had thought they were gone at the end of last season. Must take a massive effort to keep them going with out a senior team.

www.galwaysoccer.com for more info and blogs, set up voluntarily by a staff member of the local Post Office & member of GUST, its selling lotto, kit, maroon army and gust memberships across the world to Galwegians abroad daily. Mons fans are going to feel a tirade of emotions in next few months horrible horrible time for them
    Last edited by geezer; 19/06/2012 at 9:55 PM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudulika View Post
    Good lord, I love the sense of perspective we all have. th, 8 clubs "crashing out of the league" - "calamity", are you writing for the Indo?

It's so easy to blame the FAI for this, like they allow clubs overspend, or let owners/gm's/ceo's play games with figures. The strictures are in place in Ireland as in most other leagues and for crying out loud can't it be clearly said that the clubs are at fault? It wasn't the FAI that forced Ollie to take loans from all comers. Or for Fingal to depend on one main source of income, or even on Derry to have twice the fun with contracts. The league is ignored because it suits too many to have it that way. It suits the LOI "fans" because they feel special. It suits the clubs because they can get away with all sorts. It suits the FAI because they can keep the good times rolling at the top table. JD's salary shouldn't be the issue, or this constant and teeth grindingly bitchy "best fans in the world" comment pouring from posts. Fans are fans, supporters are supporters. Fans come and go, supporters stay. Rovers hung on because they'd a large group of supporters to see them through, Limerick chopped and changed but a core of supporters still stuck it out. Monaghan have a loyal, solid core of support, they just didn't grow it enough and attract the "fans". But they'll be back. It's not anyo one group's fault, it's just business.
    Har Har

Stating the fact that one-third of the league's clubs crashing out in less than 5 years is a calamity is a bloody understatement on my part actually. Someone else needs a sense of perspective if they think this latest episode under the FAI's watch is 'just business'.

Look, the FAI's Licensing System is meant to regulate clubs from financial mismanagement and budgetary errors that could put a club's future at risk. Monaghan for the first time in 26 years screwed up badly, no argument about that and I never said the clubs play no fault in this. The whole point of the Licensing System is to preempt situations like this happening. It's the FAI's job to filter out the overspending and dodgy figures before it causes damage, if they told Monaghan to get real with their numbers in the winter they would still be in the LOI. If they can't spot the basics of clubs making sudden & wild budgetary assumptions on sponsorship, attendances and fundraising then the FAI have no business running a pub league let alone a national league. No isolated incidents here, 8 clubs crrrrrashing out, Bohs/Drogheda hung on, and Dundalk are the latest who have been 'unlucky' to slip through the oh so rigorous FAI forensics.... **** right it is easy to blame the FAI for this epidemic of clubs failing because their failure of a Licensing System is facilitating clubs fancy figures, unrealistic budgeting and subsequent deaths.

Oh. Feel special/JD's salary/teeth grindingly bitchy/ wiffle waffle. Yeah, I am a special LOI fan, I am a superior fan than the 'best fans in the world' and I am really jealous of JD's modest & well-earned 430k salary. How can anyone stating the obvious be anything else.
    Last edited by total hoofball; 19/06/2012 at 10:01 PM.
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts
    So based on the FAI statement I'm guessing the cup draw will now have 'bye' as one of the possible draws?

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by adamd164 View Post
    So based on the FAI statement I'm guessing the cup draw will now have 'bye' as one of the possible draws?
    correct adam!
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

11. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    I can't imagine any LOI side would have access to that much cash up front.
    An LOI club will have 30% of something? not necessarily the amount of cash in the KHL.
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    30% of the wage bill? That'd be 5-6 home gate receipts. Given the trouble a number of teams are having coping with 3-4 weeks without a home fixture, I'd say that'd be a near impossible proposition for all but Limerick and perhaps Shamrock Rovers. Clubs just don't have access to those resources.
    Last edited by Charlie Darwin; 20/06/2012 at 12:27 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Ah 30%, 20% etc. Sure didn't Limerick HAVE to do it this season.

I'm dying for this to come out in the wash.

Any news on the Bray/Dundalk/AN OTHER FC meeting tonight?

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    I hear Limerick have decided to dial back their bitterness budget by 20%.

16. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    *insert generic joke about Sligo and toilets*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BonnieShels View Post
    Ah 30%, 20% etc. Sure didn't Limerick HAVE to do it this season.
    Try 100%

As, you can see, even this (what other clubs would consider significant) reduction hasn't bothered us in the slightest due to our filthy, dirty, rotten, rich, status:

Sean South is possibly my favourite poster on foot.ie aswell. That's not the first time he has had Galway fans screeching at him assuming he's a Limerick fan.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts
    Update on the KHL, the new clubs who are coming in this season have to front up half the cash for wages - lodged in an escrow (that was what the guy said) account. It'd be tight for any LOI club though it basically means you have your main sponsor in early, have sold x number of pre-season tickets and have no outstanding debts from the previous year. The biggest advantage for most KHL clubs is that they get part of their funding from the city/region and/or a local government interest - CSKA/CKA = Army etc. LOI clubs, as far as I know, have to put up a bond or for sure have to front up the registration fee. So this (I suppose) substitutes what the KHL ask for in a sense. The KHL model is borrowed from Russian soccer (again it's a city/region/business guarantee) - so for example when Sochi went bust those owed were paid off from a share of what was in some sort of pre-season kitty. It's been a year so I don't remember exactly.

If Limerick had to front up the cash, and did, I am sure all other clubs can do the same if they're serious. If your wage budget is 200k then even lodging 40k in advance of the season (if the club is well managed) is not beyond the realm of possibility. This is where supporters come in.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    It's so easy to blame the FAI for this, like they allow clubs overspend, or let owners/gm's/ceo's play games with figures.
    They run the licencing system. The evidence so far appears you can have the licence refused for the colour ink you use for the form, but put any old optimistic nonsense in the actual budget figures, and you get handed a premier licence. And there's no proper oversight as the season goes on. Yes you can, and should, blame the clubs. However, the FAI Licencing is supposed to be the system that protects clubs from themselves. Mons should never have budgeted for sponsorship without it being in the bag, and the FAI should never have issued a licence for the clubs based on a budget that included sponsorship that wasn't certain.

Still disgusted at Mons pulling the plug half way through the season though - that is unforgivable for me.
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by adamd164 View Post
    Except Monaghan - bye bye ?

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Macy View Post
    They run the licencing system. The evidence so far appears you can have the licence refused for the colour ink you use for the form, but put any old optimistic nonsense in the actual budget figures, and you get handed a premier licence. And there's no proper oversight as the season goes on. Yes you can, and should, blame the clubs. However, the FAI Licencing is supposed to be the system that protects clubs from themselves. Mons should never have budgeted for sponsorship without it being in the bag, and the FAI should never have issued a licence for the clubs based on a budget that included sponsorship that wasn't certain.

Still disgusted at Mons pulling the plug half way through the season though - that is unforgivable for me.
    Macy I'm in agreement that licencing is flawed insofar as that it allows for clubs to estimate. This was the premise for Galway going gaga back in 2008 (I think) and for Dundalk this season, even for Mons. I agree also that Mons shouldn't have budgeted for sponsorship without something being signed. If they left it as 0000 then at least they'd have had to live within their means. So what does the FAI do? Only have actual figures which would mean that apart from 1 or 2 clubs nobody else would have a hope. I'd live with that if it meant that all clubs got their houses in order. If a club budgeted for next to nothing in order to get their licence, then they could ramp up the work once cash came in and it's all above board. But how many will go for that?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    "Low lie, the crooks of Abbotstown
    Where once you bought cans for green clad clowns.
    Another club gone to the wall, while you’re in Poland having a ball,
    Oh the hypocrisy of the crooks of Abbotstown"

That should be sang at every LoI ground in the country, this weekend
    They always cheat, they always lie
    **** Delaney and the FAI

24. Thanks From:

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Macy I'm in agreement that licencing is flawed insofar as that it allows for clubs to estimate. This was the premise for Galway going gaga back in 2008 (I think) and for Dundalk this season, even for Mons. I agree also that Mons shouldn't have budgeted for sponsorship without something being signed. If they left it as 0000 then at least they'd have had to live within their means. So what does the FAI do? Only have actual figures which would mean that apart from 1 or 2 clubs nobody else would have a hope. I'd live with that if it meant that all clubs got their houses in order. If a club budgeted for next to nothing in order to get their licence, then they could ramp up the work once cash came in and it's all above board. But how many will go for that?
    Things like attendance can be estimated and be checked for being realistic. Even if they haven't published them, the FAI have supposedly been collecting them the last few years. After that, things like main sponsorship shouldn't be done on estimates - certainly not to the extent a club is relying on a certain amount which may or may not materialise to get through the bloody season.
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast